Can you transfer a domain name purchased through Pretashop to another hosting provider

time2find

Question

I recently bought a domain name via Presta shop. There was a problem with registration and that appeared to be fixed. I have now linked the domain to be the primary for my store however it takes me to ovh.com ( which is all in french) rather than my store.

After all these problems and lack of response from Prestashop I now just want to use a different hosting rather than presta cloud. How do I get access to the domain that i purchased through Presta shop so that I can point it to another hosting provider and then download presta shop and host it separately. I know i will lose any work i have done on prestashop store however i would like to start again with a new hosting provider. 

4 answers to this question

Yes you can, but not without the service of Prestashop (paid service), As you on cloud you don't have access to your database and also not to the entire core to make a back-up, you can only contract the moving services of Prestashop.

Please use the support tab on your Cloud account dashboard, or contract one of the services directly here: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/35-services

EDIT: this plan should cover all what you need for to move your cloud shop to a self hosted one: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/services/19155-migration-ticket-prestashop-cloud-to-prestashop-download-.html

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

You can't transfer your store from PS Cloud Hosting to your own hosting due to limited access. It is better contact PS Cloud team through different channels and try to solve the problem. 

However, I want to clarify that PrestaShop Cloud don't provides you DOMAIN, it just gives you free Hosting. Please clarify it that from where you have purchased the Domain??

You can't transfer your store from PS Cloud Hosting to your own hosting due to limited access. It is better contact PS Cloud team through different channels and try to solve the problem. 

However, I want to clarify that PrestaShop Cloud don't provides you DOMAIN, it just gives you free Hosting. Please clarify it that from where you have purchased the Domain??

Sorry JohnWolf, but this is not correct information. When you add a shop to Prestashop Cloud you are asked if you want to use your already bought domain, our if you want to buy a domain. If you choose "buy a domain" you of course buy a domain at Prestashop for exclusive use in Prestashop Cloud, but transferable to every other self hosted server as a paid service.