Need a module that allows customers to accept or decline quotations for shipping

rskolnik

Hello,

I am setting up a shop with one-of-a-kind items (antiques - mostly paintings but other items as well). The aim is to deliver those by courier services but it is (almost) impossible to calculate shipping and handling automatically. It depends on too many factors like number of items, dimensions of individual pieces, where each item is stored (there can be more than one storage facilities), etc.

So my idea is like this:

1. Customer orders certain items (in this step the shipping is set to be free and updated later)
  2. The shop updates the order with correct shipping and sends notification to customer
  3. Customer either accepts or denies the order (in which case it is canceled)
  4. If customer accepts the order we proceed as usual

What I need to solve somehow is step number 3. I have "Custom shipping module" to let me do step number 2.

Is there any module that would easily (I am not PHP programmer but can understand and do some modifications) allow for step number 3.?

Thank you.

Hi

We are developers of "Ask for a quote module" could help you in this, but need more details. Step 3 is OK, as we also have it in ours, but step 2 is not that clear.

We will send you a PM to clarify.

Cheers!

The step 2 is done using module that is called "Custom Shipping" - see http://codecanyon.net/item/prestashop-custom-shipping/5755204

So what I need is: after setting the shipping using that module, to be able to change the status of the order which will send notification to customer. When customer checks his orders, there will be 2 buttons:

1. Accept shipping costs 
  2. Decline shipping costs (if he does so, the order will be canceled)

Is it clear now?

Yes much clearer. Probably the best would be to edit that module? Did you tried to contact the module owner for the custom job? He knows it's code and could do it fast for you. Or if interested we could give you a quote for this personalisation in PM.

OK, what would be your quote? Thanx.