Change to same number, idorder and reference

First:
In PrestaShop 1.6 (tested and confirmed working in v1.6.0.14) you can accomplish this by the following method.

Copy the file /classes/PaymentModule.php to /override/classes/PaymentModule.php.

Edit the file /override/classes/PaymentModule.php as follows.

At lines 337-341 is a code block that should read like this:

if (!result)
{
  PrestaShopLogger::addLog('PaymentModule::validateOrder - Order cannot be created',
    3, null, 'Cart', (int)$id_cart, true);
  throw new PrestaShopException('Can\'t save Order');
}

Immediately after that code block, insert the following two lines of code:

$order->reference = str_pad($order->id, 9, '0', STR_PAD_LEFT);
$order->update();

Delete the file /cache/class_index.php so that Prestashop automatically re-creates this file taking into account the new override file.

note: if you want to start from 3456 (put 5 not 9 )here-> id, 9, '0', STR_PAD_LEFT);
so, is gona be id order 03456 ( not 000003456)

Second:

Ive made a plugin for the backend for this. To use it:
1. Copy the attached file into your admin/tabs folder
2. Go to Administration/ Menus /Add New
3. Enter "Order Options" as the name
4. Enter "AdminOrderOptions" as the class
5. Select "Orders" as the parent
6. Click Save
7. Go to Orders/Order Options
8. Enter the new number you want to start with
9. Click "Change Start number"

It is not my merit, I only joined two pieces of information found on this forum!

AdminOrderOptions.php

• Like 2

I had trouble with that module, see picture, marked by red.
the method above, marked by blue.
I went to prestashop after ZenCart, and had orders 18k
not  consecutive numbers because I just made this change and we wiped the test orders

post-1011659-0-68076400-1434052578_thumb.jpg

post-1011659-0-87634000-1434053109_thumb.jpg

Edited by benyben (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

This did not work for me. I have 1.6.0.14 but I need to update because of certain error messages on admin due to hosting server settings. Anyway I made a copy of my shop to test upgrading to 1.6.1.1. The problem is that the module does not seem to work with 1.6.1.1 and thus I uninstalled the module and tried this approach. But even with this modification the reference is still letters.

I did the oerride file and modified it as per instructions and then deleted the class cache file.

Sill letters as a reference???

Changing of the order id works though :D

Any pointers?

Edited by KarZan (see edit history)

This did not work for me. I have 1.6.0.14 but I need to update because of certain error messages on admin due to hosting server settings. Anyway I made a copy of my shop to test upgrading to 1.6.1.1. The problem is that the module does not seem to work with 1.6.1.1 and thus I uninstalled the module and tried this approach. But even with this modification the reference is still letters.

I did the oerride file and modified it as per instructions and then deleted the class cache file.

Sill letters as a reference???

Changing of the order id works though :D

Any pointers?

Actually as soon as I had posted this I I found this

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/433999-free-module-order-reference-change-module/page-3?hl=%2Bchange+%2Border+%2Breference&do=findComment&comment=2169299

So I ones more made sure the module was removed AND I also made sure the PaymentModule.php in the overrides/classes was "empty"

<?php
abstract class PaymentModule extends PaymentModuleCore
{

Then I reinstalled the module and went through it's setup. After that all was working again as in the previus version :)

• 1 month later...

I tryed the module "change order reference" version 1.5.5.1 but it was not working for payments through PayPal. So I followed an easier override method, in the Order.php class, for me it is working in PS 1.6.1.2.

Instructions by NemoPS: http://nemops.com/prestashop-replace-order-references-with-ids/#.VmPx-HshlXn

Just pay attention to the generation of class_index.php, and check if all your overrides are running, and how.
In my case i had to delete manually the 3 overrides the module ChangeRef created, because uninstalling it, they were not deleted:

• override/classes/order/Order.php
  • override/classes/order/OrderInvoice.php
  • override/classes/order/OrderPayment.php

After that, i put my Order.php by NemoPS, generated my class_index.php and at first it had NO overrides (not sure why), so it seemed not working. No worry, i generated it again, overrides were all up and running, and now it is working.

Edited by zod (see edit history)