Invitation only or VIP price club

bhodibot

I need either an invite only VIP group with different prices, or to make the entire shop invitation only with certain products/prices hidden to non members. Is there a module, or 'modules' that can achieve something to this affect?

By invite only, I mean the google product model. Prospective members may register through a link sent to their email. Registered members can in turn send invites to a set number of people they know.

I'm new to prestashop and If nothing like this is possible with the current environment of modules, how difficult would it be to develop a simple mod like this for prestashop?

It seems like it shouldn't be too difficult, maybe a workaround would be to prevent registrations except through following a link through the existing referral program. Then, the referral form could be re-located be more prominant and renamed to "invite" then use a modult to hide/change the prices for non-members? Hopefully someone else here has done something like this and can share their experiences.

Thanks.