wagood

[Free Module] Image Optimization Via Resmush.it Service

smushit module that online and on the fly optimize picture size via webservice reSmush.it right after upload.

More info about reSmush.it algorithms on the site xxx

Module use watermark hook, so images will be safe even if reSmush.it service will unavilable.

Just install module and try upload new product pictures.

Tested on version 1.6.1.4

21 Apr 2016 Change resmush.it API url accordingly API Endpoint has changed

29 Feb 2016 Fix Deprecated error 

13 Dec 2016 Add 1.7 version

smushit.1.5.zip

smushit.1.6.zip

smushit.1.7.zip

Edited by wagood

Can we smush the images that are already on the host?

You can start "Regenerate thumbnails" from BO.

Hi , has anybody test this for the images that are already on the host? If I install this module and I Regenerate thumbnails from BO will all my images optimized?

Thanks!

Hi , has anybody test this for the images that are already on the host? If I install this module and I Regenerate thumbnails from BO will all my images optimized?

Thanks!

Hi,

just read the previous message to get your answer.

So this module sends our uploaded image's link to resumush.it for compression, which compresses the image & sends link back to us for download to our server & stores the compressed image on our server only, right?

& also does it compress other images than just product images, like slider images, homepage images which usually slows down the loading of index page?

So this module sends our uploaded image's link to resumush.it for compression, which compresses the image & sends link back to us for download to our server & stores the compressed image on our server only, right?

& also does it compress other images than just product images, like slider images, homepage images which usually slows down the loading of index page?

Yes, you are right. It send images to resmush.it server and replace files only if they are can be compressed.

Module can compress only product images.

Hi!

regarding the image, could someone help to show me how to remove the white background of the thickbox image on product page (when product image zoomed)! Can this thickbox image be shown like it is, not be regenerated and put in the middle of the background?

It creates white range around the image which looks not fine for a photo/painting webshop

Following are examples: The first is to show how it is and the second is what I wish

Please advise!

Thanks

post-849939-0-55780100-1445123523_thumb.jpg

post-849939-0-96459500-1445123536_thumb.jpg

You can start "Regenerate thumbnails" from BO.

after "Regenerate thumbnails" from BO where i can see how much bytes reduced ?

because after regenerate, in resmush module settings  total bytes saved was 0 .

Maybe they are already optimized

Hello, brilliant module! Just wondering that after regenerating thumbnails, I got redirected to a 404 not found page.  I guess the server timed out, however, how do I know if all the image has been regenerated?  Do I just click regen again to let it resume or do I increase the server time-out limit?

Thanks again!  26000 bytes saved so far  :wub:

Yes, you are right. It send images to resmush.it server and replace files only if they are can be compressed.

Module can compress only product images.

Thanks for your contributions, I am yet to try and use this module but I am looking for someway to compress all images such as image slider banners etc. is there a way this can be introduced?

Hey wagood, thanks for the free module.

However, for PS 1.6.1.1 i only get a settings section with a Light mode choice of Yes or No. How do I get it to optimize?

Thanks.

ps: i think i got it wrong, i thought it can optimize existing pictures as well.

Edited by octb

Hey wagood, thanks for the free module.

However, for PS 1.6.1.1 i only get a settings section with a Light mode choice of Yes or No. How do I get it to optimize?

Thanks.

ps: i think i got it wrong, i thought it can optimize existing pictures as well.

Existing pictures can be optimizied when you regenerate product pictures from Preference->Images menu

Hi, i have the same thing. I have regenerate thumbnails but in the resmush module it says bytes saved was 0 .

In the error log I get these messages for each picture when trying to regenerate pictures with the module enabled on PS 1.6.1.4:

PHP Deprecated:  curl_setopt_array(): The usage of the @filename API for file uploading is deprecated. Please use the CURLFile class instead in /modules/smushit/libs/RollingCurl/RollingCurl.php on line 307

Guess this is the latest thread for this module :-) 

In the error log I get these messages for each picture when trying to regenerate pictures with the module enabled on PS 1.6.1.4:

PHP Deprecated:  curl_setopt_array(): The usage of the @filename API for file uploading is deprecated. Please use the CURLFile class instead in /modules/smushit/libs/RollingCurl/RollingCurl.php on line 307

Guess this is the latest thread for this module :-) 

Upload fixed version of files. You can replace just smushit.php file.

I too have this problem, I regenerated all my images several times, but still 0 bytes saved. And I'm sure the images need to be optimized because in gtmetrix and webpagetest show they can be optimized. Error.log shows nothing, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Light mode is set to NO. I have PS v1.6.1.1 Can you help me? Thanks

Edited by zanpo

Hi

It is awesome! 

What is the difference among smuch.it, Kraken.io and your service in regards to the compression performance? 

Thank you so much~

Hi

It is awesome! 

What is the difference among smuch.it, Kraken.io and your service in regards to the compression performance? 

Thank you so much~

It is not my service, the service resmush.it is alternative for closed smuch.it

I've just downloaded the 1.6 version and tried install but Nothing happens.

So I've looked the zip file and there is no smushit folder.

I've just made my own and now it's all good but you might want replace the zip file.

BTW: very good module.

Had the same problem as riras. Fixed with his solution.

The module itself doesn't seem te be working though.. :( No bytes were saved, even when I regenerated the images. Any thoughts?

Had the same problem as riras. Fixed with his solution.

The module itself doesn't seem te be working though.. :( No bytes were saved, even when I regenerated the images. Any thoughts?

It's working for me.

Maybe you already had opt images.

Try create a new product with some randon picture and see what happens.

Glad to know I was able to help you.

Good morning,

I would like install your module on PS 1.4.9, but i can't configure it, because all menu disappears...

Do you no if similar module run  with ps 1.4?

Thank you very much

I have tried installing this module, but can't find it anywhere in the modules list. BO states that install is succesfull.

What name should I look for, or is there some else to fix?

I have searched everything, but there is nothing called Smushit. In the FTP file manager i can see a file called smushit.php in the /module/ directory but there is no folder with Smushit.

Sorry, I don't add module files to smushit folder. Create it manually /modules/smushit and move all files inside or download archive again.

hello,

your module it's not compatible with prestashop 1.6.1.10, because i regenere all picture product but in module Total saved: 0 bytes, why

Thanks