Copy Shopdata: Script for upgrading and fixing buggy shops by copying business data and images

On 12/28/2015 at 2:11 PM, Rudolfo78 said:

Hi musicmaster,

I'm trying script copy_shopdata on my localhost installations - both 1.6.0.9 and I got stuck at the very beginning of copy process

1) old installation - I've downloaded my current installation 1.6.0.9 via FTP & exported database.sql and configured it to run localy (OS X, MAMP, Sequel Pro).

2) new installation - I've installed fresh installation same version 1.6.0.9 on my localhost, where I added subfolder "triple_edit" with its files, as well as script copy_shopdata files

13:45:32
1 old languages; 1 new languages. Language check ok.

accessory 1123 1
MySQL error 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-new.ps_accessory SELECT `id_product_1`,`id_product_2` FROM maclife-old.ps_acces' at line 1
Generated by Query 'INSERT INTO maclife-new.ps_accessory SELECT `id_product_1`,`id_product_2` FROM maclife-old.ps_accessory'

I've checked manual but I didn't find any useful information.

Could you please give me some advice, what should I check or revise. As I'm only basic user with some additional skills, I'm not very good in coding, syntax, etc.

Thanks for any advice.

On 12/28/2015 at 2:57 PM, musicmaster said:

I am not totally sure. But my guess is that the hyphens ("-") in the database names are the problem. They might be interpreted as "minus". The solution is to put the server names between backticks.I will have a look at it.

I have found new scenery where that error code happen, for example in this query:

SELECT d_specific_price, id_specific_price_rule, id_cart, id_product, id_shop, id_shop_group, id_currency, id_country, id_group, id_customer, id_product_attribute, price,from_quantity,reduction,reduction_tax,reduction_type,from,to INTO OUTFILE '/var/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ptools/copy_shopdata_specific_price.dtx' FROM `ps_specific_price`

In this case error cause is the name of last fields of table "from" and "to", this field names are used in mysql querys, also sqlserver undertand it is part of query, not fields. the solution is close inside braquets  SELECT ........,'from','to' INTO OUTFILE...

Edited by salvavidal (see edit history)

9 hours ago, salvavidal said:

I have found new scenery where that error code happen, for example in this query:

SELECT d_specific_price, id_specific_price_rule, id_cart, id_product, id_shop, id_shop_group, id_currency, id_country, id_group, id_customer, id_product_attribute, price,from_quantity,reduction,reduction_tax,reduction_type,from,to INTO OUTFILE '/var/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ptools/copy_shopdata_specific_price.dtx' FROM `ps_specific_price`

In this case error cause is the name of last fields of table "from" and "to", this field names are used in mysql querys, also sqlserver undertand it is part of query, not fields. the solution is close inside braquets  SELECT ........,'from','to' INTO OUTFILE...

Hi,

I have uploaded a new version. Can you try that?

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

Hi,

I have detected other issue, in the finish log the script write all tables that has not been copied from old shop, you remove automaticly first letters of table to remove PREFIX, but in case of my old shop had tables without PREFIX, those will appear cutted, for example, i have a table called 'updates', is a table which i created to process an internal script, that table appear like 'ates' on final log, Do you understand?, i guess you had to compare PREFIX of shop with begining of name and dont remove 3 first letter in case it doesnt match with PREFIX.

Than you for your big work, i will try your new version.

Hi,

I have not tried because i don't need to do, i have checked code in copy_shopdata_functions.inc.php, and you have solved right with this line:

$args = "`".implode("`,`", array_intersect($newfields, $oldfields))."`";

Good job, remember to solve the other issue about cutting names which has not PREFIX in old shop, in screen appear incomplete the name.

1 hour ago, salvavidal said:

I have detected other issue, in the finish log the script write all tables that has not been copied from old shop, you remove automaticly first letters of table to remove PREFIX, but in case of my old shop had tables without PREFIX, those will appear cutted, for example, i have a table called 'updates', is a table which i created to process an internal script, that table appear like 'ates' on final log, Do you understand?, i guess you had to compare PREFIX of shop with begining of name and dont remove 3 first letter in case it doesnt match with PREFIX.

This point is not clear enough to me. The old and the new prefix are removed as they may be different. But that applies to all tables not just those not copied. And I don't see any cutting in the code that writes the "$oldextras" (lines 170-175 in copy_shopdata_functions.inc.php).

23 hours ago, salvavidal said:

Maybe this file solves that problem?

copy_shopdata.php

11 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Maybe this file solves that problem?

copy_shopdata.php 11.07 kB · 0 downloads

it doesn't solve, and in my opinion is not a good solution, your are removing tables without PREFIX in your log printed when script finish, in my case i want to know which table weren't copied, even if those tables dont have PREFIX, because were tables created to work with my personal scripts, and i need to use it in new database, is good to show it in "not copied warning".

OLD TABLES						NOT COPIED (this way is shown when script finish)
actualizar_stock					ualizar_stock
tabla_auxiliar						la_auxiliar
ps_example1						example1
ps_example2						example2
ps_example3						example3
...								...
...								...

As you can see above those table in old prestashop which doesn't have PREFIX will be shown cutted on final log, you can fix it with next change in line 36:

while($row = mysqli_fetch_row($res))
{ $oldtables[] = substr($row[0], $len);
}

you have to edit with this:

while($row = mysqli_fetch_row($res))
{ $oldtables[] = substr($row[0], 0, $len) == _OLD_PREFIX_  ? substr($row[0], $len) : $row[0];
}

Thanks.

Is this solution better? It lists the tables that are not considered.

Prefixes are used to have several shops in one database. That is useful for shops whose hosting provider only supplies one database. So the lack of a filter was a kind of bug.

copy_shopdata.php 11.38 kB · 0 downloads

Ok, you are right, in case that you have one database for several shops, my change is not good idea, i have checked you new update, and i see you have created a new array with "wrong prefix tables", also as you have said, if you have other shops with other prefix, the tables of all shops will be put inside of this array, because you only compare with _OLD_PREFIX_,

I have found another important 'data' which have to be copied to new shop, the following values from ps_configuration:

PS_CUSTOMER_GROUP

PS_UNIDENTIFIED_GROUP

PS_GUEST_GROUP

It is very important to copy those values, that way you could avoid several errors is you have edited customer groups in original shop, if you have never edited customer group, you dont need to copy those values.

1 hour ago, salvavidal said:

I have found another important 'data' which have to be copied to new shop, the following values from ps_configuration:

PS_CUSTOMER_GROUP

PS_UNIDENTIFIED_GROUP

PS_GUEST_GROUP

It is very important to copy those values, that way you could avoid several errors is you have edited customer groups in original shop, if you have never edited customer group, you dont need to copy those values.

Thank you for the addition. I have added them in a new version of the config file.

• Like 1

a new question, if fields in old_table are in different position than fields in new_table, does script copy tables in right position? I have seen some error in tables because fields of old an new table doesnt have same positions.

Just now, salvavidal said:

a new question, if fields in old_table are in different position than fields in new_table, does script copy tables in right position? I have seen some error in tables because fields of old an new table doesnt have same positions.

Do you mean that in the old table the order is id-name and in the new one name-id? Yes, that and missing fields in one of the tables are handled correctly.

One thing that can cause problems is when the new table has a unique key that in the old one wasn't unique.

9 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Do you mean that in the old table the order is id-name and in the new one name-id? Yes, that and missing fields in one of the tables are handled correctly.

One thing that can cause problems is when the new table has a unique key that in the old one wasn't unique.

not, i mean when oldtable has fields

id_name,

field2,

field3,

field4

and newtable has fields

field2,

id_name,

field3,

field4

as you can see, the same fields but different position.

5 hours ago, salvavidal said:

not, i mean when oldtable has fields

id_name,

field2,

field3,

field4

and newtable has fields

field2,

id_name,

field3,

field4

as you can see, the same fields but different position.

I could have been clearer but that was what I meant. It is handled correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I hope to release Prestools for 1.7.7 at the end of the week. Copy_shopdata should work without changes.

Thank you MusicMaster, love Prestools. I did however download and try to run copy_shopdata with the most recent install and it simply said that it wasn't compatible?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to copy from PS 1.6.1.23 to new installed PS 1.6.1.23, but i dont know why some tables cant be copied, for example ps_employee

other problem is, if a table exist in old database and dont exist in new database, the script stop with this message:

"MySQL error 1146: Table 'update.p7_mailalert_customer_oos' doesn't exist
Generated by URL '/gestion/ptools/copy_shopdata.php'
with Query 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM p7_mailalert_customer_oos'"

I'm using last version of copy_shopdata.035

Edited by salvavidal
add information (see edit history)

On 1/12/2021 at 12:06 PM, salvavidal said:

Hi,

I'm trying to copy from PS 1.6.1.23 to new installed PS 1.6.1.23, but i dont know why some tables cant be copied, for example ps_employee

other problem is, if a table exist in old database and dont exist in new database, the script stop with this message:

"MySQL error 1146: Table 'update.p7_mailalert_customer_oos' doesn't exist
Generated by URL '/gestion/ptools/copy_shopdata.php'
with Query 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM p7_mailalert_customer_oos'"

I'm using last version of copy_shopdata.035

I recognize neither problem:

- copying employee shouldn't be a problem. What is the problem that you see?

- the script checks whether tables exist in the old and new database and copying only starts when they are present in both. You can always delete the name from the config file, but it just puzzles me why this isn't handled as it should be.

Prestashop 1.7.6.0 and higher have a new table: ps_currency_lang. 

Until version 0.36 Copy_shopdata doesn't list this table in the config file. As a consequence copying tables may result in missing currency translations. That causes a "Missing Locale" error. 

In version 0.37 ps_image_type has been removed from the list of copied tables. At closer look its presence wasn't a good idea.

In version 0.38 localhost and 127.0.0.1 are considered the same so copying happens now direct instead of via the file system. Also a bug was fixed that made copying over the file system go wrong when tables didn't have the same fields.

Version 0.39 added some fields that are copied.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have detected a little bug.

Sometimes if i try to migrate from one shop to other shop with differents languages iso codes, copyshopdata script remove languages from old_db, if I run script again, it remove the rest and let old_db without languages. i attach an image of this.

image.png.2701767d88386cab3c3c4622b9fa758b.png

On 1/29/2021 at 9:26 AM, salvavidal said:

I have detected a little bug.

Sometimes if i try to migrate from one shop to other shop with differents languages iso codes, copyshopdata script remove languages from old_db, if I run script again, it remove the rest and let old_db without languages. i attach an image of this.

image.png.2701767d88386cab3c3c4622b9fa758b.png

This is strange. Copy_shopdata does not change the old database. It just copies the specified tables to the new database and makes all the language id changes there. And neither in the old nor in the new database does it change the ps_lang table - what must have been done in order to achieve the "0 old languages"  that you see.

So my best guess would be that you made changes in the code or the database that didn't work out well. 

If you can reproduce the deletion can you run it with 'verbose="true"' and pm me the outcome? Then would enable me to check more in detail for what causes the problem you experienced. And if it was something in CS I would certainly notice it.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, musicmaster said:

This is strange. Copy_shopdata should change nothing in the old database and I can't find any code where it does. It just copies the specified tables to the new database and makes there all the language changes.

If you didn't change anything in the code it must be that somewhere the old and the new server are exchanged. 

If you can reproduce the deletion can you run it with 'verbose="true"' and pm me the outcome?

I will tray to reproduce it, but not easy

Hi,

I am trying to run this script to migrate data from a presta 1.6.15 to 1.7.7.1

Script starts ,logs some data but after that I get message :

1 accessory 2204

MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Generated by URL '/admin045ur9jez/preztoolz/copy_shopdata.php'
with Query 'SELECT `id_product_1`,`id_product_2` INTO OUTFILE '/home/admin/domains/asd/public_html/admin045ur9jez/preztoolz/export/copy_shopdata_accessory.dtx' FROM `ps_accessory`'

LE: 

I have run as root :

GRANT FILE ON *.* TO 'user'@'localhost';

Now I get the error : 

MySQL error 1: Can't create/write to file '/../preztoolz/copy_shopdata_accessory.dtx' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

still digging... 

Thank you,

Daniel

Edited by dandumit (see edit history)

On 2/21/2021 at 7:25 AM, dandumit said:

Hi,

I am trying to run this script to migrate data from a presta 1.6.15 to 1.7.7.1

Script starts ,logs some data but after that I get message :

1 accessory 2204

MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Generated by URL '/admin045ur9jez/preztoolz/copy_shopdata.php'
with Query 'SELECT `id_product_1`,`id_product_2` INTO OUTFILE '/home/admin/domains/asd/public_html/admin045ur9jez/preztoolz/export/copy_shopdata_accessory.dtx' FROM `ps_accessory`'

LE: 

I have run as root :

GRANT FILE ON *.* TO 'user'@'localhost';

Now I get the error : 

MySQL error 1: Can't create/write to file '/../preztoolz/copy_shopdata_accessory.dtx' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")

Copy_shopdata is meant for transporting data between shops of the same version. The gap between 1.6.1.5 and 1.7.7.1 will nearly certainly produce problems.

As for the rights problem, I don't know. Did you check for directory rights?

11 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Copy_shopdata is meant for transporting data between shops of the same version. The gap between 1.6.1.5 and 1.7.7.1 will nearly certainly produce problems.

I saw here on forum a report from a user that has upgraded using your script.  I have even bought the most acclaimed module migration pro but it does not work well at all !!!

I am kind of desperate to find a solution to migrate from this.

I was looking trough the sql's from 1click migrate and didn't look to me that database structure has changed that much ...

Please tell me , is there any way to force to use migration directly and not using local files ? 

I have looked on your scripts and you where comparing both database config and based on that calling copy "on the fly".

Thank you for script !

Daniel

4 hours ago, dandumit said:

I saw here on forum a report from a user that has upgraded using your script.  I have even bought the most acclaimed module migration pro but it does not work well at all !!!

I am kind of desperate to find a solution to migrate from this.

I was looking trough the sql's from 1click migrate and didn't look to me that database structure has changed that much ...

Please tell me , is there any way to force to use migration directly and not using local files ? 

I have looked on your scripts and you where comparing both database config and based on that calling copy "on the fly".

Thank you for script !

Daniel

Did you read the manual of Copy_shopdata?

Copy_shopdata can both copy direct and via a file. It copies via file when the databases are on different servers. So if you have different servers and want direct copy you should copy the darabase to the new server (Copy_shopdata doesn't look at the files).

Copy_shopdata contains fixes for the two most deadly differences when you upgrade this way (the state field in PS 1.7 ps_product that should be 1 otherwise you don't see the products and the ps_currency_lang table - introduced in 1.7.6 - that crashes your site with a "missing locale" error when not correctly filled). But I never made a systematic study so there very likely are other problems.

Are you using the latest version? Copy_shopdata has changed a lot in the last two months.

16 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Did you read the manual of Copy_shopdata?

Copy_shopdata can both copy direct and via a file. It copies via file when the databases are on different servers. So if you have different servers and want direct copy you should copy the darabase to the new server (Copy_shopdata doesn't look at the files).

HEllo @musicmaster ! thank you for script and answers .

I have read manual and I have tried to look on code. 

I have found the issue that script compares server and username and password.  I have installed source server in subdomain at same server but a different user to avoid mixing them.

//&& (_OLD_USER_ == _DB_USER_) && (_OLD_PASSWD_ == _DB_PASSWD_)
  if(($oldserver == $newserver) )

Please tell me do I have to erase all tables ?  I didn't seen do truncate or to insert only difference.

Thank you

DAniel

57 minutes ago, dandumit said:

HEllo @musicmaster ! thank you for script and answers .

I have read manual and I have tried to look on code. 

I have found the issue that script compares server and username and password.  I have installed source server in subdomain at same server but a different user to avoid mixing them.

//&& (_OLD_USER_ == _DB_USER_) && (_OLD_PASSWD_ == _DB_PASSWD_)
  if(($oldserver == $newserver) )

Please tell me do I have to erase all tables ?  I didn't seen do truncate or to insert only difference.

Thank you

DAniel

No, you shouldn't erase tables.

The script truncates the tables and then inserts the new data. That way the data structure matches that of the new version and you avoid missing field errors.

• Like 1

@musicmaster - it's my pleasure to contradict you. I have run the script and for now at least front office it seems to be working.

I cannot log in in backoffice.  

LE

reading the manual (RTFM :) ) :

- copy the security strings (Ryndael keys, Cookie keys, etc) from the settings.inc.php of the old shop to the settings.inc.php of the new shop. Without this you won't be able to login. [Note: in Prestashop 1.7 the keys are in parameters.php but at least for the employee password this is not needed]

LE 2 : 

copied \public_html\test16\config\settings.inc.php

to 

\public_html\app\config\parameters.php

cookie values and I have been able to log in backoffice

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dandumit said:

@musicmaster - it's my pleasure to contradict you. I have run the script and for now at least front office it seems to be working.

I cannot log in in backoffice.  

LE

reading the manual (RTFM :) ) :

- copy the security strings (Ryndael keys, Cookie keys, etc) from the settings.inc.php of the old shop to the settings.inc.php of the new shop. Without this you won't be able to login. [Note: in Prestashop 1.7 the keys are in parameters.php but at least for the employee password this is not needed]

LE 2 : 

copied \public_html\test16\config\settings.inc.php

to 

\public_html\app\config\parameters.php

cookie values and I have been able to log in backoffice

Good to hear.

Let me know when you encounter any problems. I already noticed a lot hooks that should be added.

13 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Let me know when you encounter any problems. I already noticed a lot hooks that should be added.

Speaking good things. your script migrated product description and attributes correctly ! a paid module didn't !

Well Speaking of issues : 

- something messed between romanian and polish language. probably from install localization menu. now currency name and symbol are messed for eur and ron  

- most annoying until now it's that prices are shown without VAT even if everything looks ok there. Should be a new field or something

When you say : a lot of hooks that should be added. are you reffering to hooks for modules ? 

Thank you,

Daniel 

- That currency language mess-up is interesting as there is a fix in the software for the ps_currency_lang table (it is at the end of copy_shopdata.php). So it would be interesting to know the details. You wont see the signs like € because I don't know where to find them in the PS database. In old versions they are in the ps_currency table. Since 1.7.6 they are in the ps_currency_lang table. But in a period in between they are neither.

- When you add a new product can you assign it VAT? 

- I was wrong about the hooks. That isn't a problem as it isn't among the copied tables.

15 hours ago, musicmaster said:

That currency language mess-up is interesting as there is a fix in the software for the ps_currency_lang table (it is at the end of copy_shopdata.php). So it would be interesting to know the details. You wont see the signs like € because I don't know where to find them in the PS database. In old versions they are in the ps_currency table. Since 1.7.6 they are in the ps_currency_lang table. But in a period in between they are neither.

I had a look on procedure - congratulations very elaborated a lot of things for me to learn, I had a look on tables ps_currency ps_currency_lang.  

Unfortunately on my case those are pretty messed up - I refer to currency description.

some observations in random order : 

- there are many currency in ps_lang than those displayed ( for example gpb )  there are 5 currency displayed in BO and 7 lines in table

- translations of currency are pretty messed up.  I don't know what to do . To correct them manually ? to erase everything and run import again ?

Would it help you if I erase everything and import again ? 

Please see attached picture. It seems that import language package has mapped currency description of Bulgarian and Polish over 2 deleted languages. 

Those translations for currency are imported when importing a language pack ?  I have tried to import again and nothing improved. 

Regarding TAX Rate, this is correct, I had to put as default my country and now it's fine.

mess on lang currency.PNG

I think that I have found the issue. 

I have truncated everyting,installed presta agin and run import again. 

before script script run in ps_currency_lang were some definitions with some lang id's there starting with id 1 and do not keep count of id's in currency table.

After script run, id's in ps_currency table do not match the ones in currency_lang.

I think that in import localisation there is an issue...

Daniel 

46 minutes ago, dandumit said:

before script script run in ps_currency_lang were some definitions with some lang id's there starting with id 1 and do not keep count of id's in currency table.

After script run, id's in ps_currency table do not match the ones in currency_lang.

Daniel 

My guess is that you imported country packs and that that created the problematic remainders in the ps_currency_lang table that aren't overwritten. Note that the new shop will use the currency codes of the old shop. So the solution would be that - after you import country/language packages but before you copy from the old shop - you empty the ps_currency_lag table.

I have added a few country configuration entries to the config table (see attachment).

copy_shopdata_config.php

• Like 1

4 hours ago, musicmaster said:
5 hours ago, dandumit said:

Daniel 

Expand  

My guess is that you imported country packs and that that created the problematic remainders in the ps_currency_lang table that aren't overwritten. Note that the new shop will use the currency codes of the old sho

I have tried again to erase everything and run install again. this time I have just added manually currencyes and I have not imported all the language packs. STill mess on currency.

Now i realize that based on language packs that you build at begining of script , existing ps_curency_language has to be updated like :

"5 old languages: bg-bg,en-us,hu-hu,pl-pl,ro-ro (22,1,24,23,14); 5 new languages: bg-bg,en-us,hu-hu,pl-pl,ro-ro (4,1,3,5,2); Language check ok."

update ps_currency_language set id_language= 22 where id_language =4 

Thanks

Daniel

26 minutes ago, dandumit said:

I have tried again to erase everything and run install again. this time I have just added manually currencyes and I have not imported all the language packs. STill mess on currency.

Now i realize that based on language packs that you build at begining of script , existing ps_curency_language has to be updated like :

"5 old languages: bg-bg,en-us,hu-hu,pl-pl,ro-ro (22,1,24,23,14); 5 new languages: bg-bg,en-us,hu-hu,pl-pl,ro-ro (4,1,3,5,2); Language check ok."

Thanks

Daniel

I uploaded a new version of Copy_shopdata. Version 0.43.

You should import the language packs. That is the way to add new languages. Never use the languages page in the backoffice for that purpose! The apcks take care that system words like "next" and "order" are translated.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:06 PM, musicmaster said:

I uploaded a new version of Copy_shopdata. Version 0.43.

congratulations. your changes did the trick.  shop it's woking now.  

I certify that this script has migrated my shop from presta 1.6.1.8 to 1.7.7.2 .

You have done with this script far better than most acclaimed migration module. 

Small comment on total duration : in script it's presented started date time. but not ad the end. this could be useful for dry run and then migration live schedule/planning.

Small comments on language :

- truncate currency_lang did the trick  - currency are correct 

- but before script / truncate , name of currency was more descriptive like "American dollar" , I still believe that what I have proposed would have work well 

On 2/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, dandumit said:

Based on your script I will migrade 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, dandumit said:

Thank you for your kind words. Please keep me informed if you find more issues.

As for your quoted proposal: this would only work if the same currencies are present in the old shop as in the new one. So either I would need to include a similar requirement as for languages - that the same should be present in the old as in the new I will need to check and repair. But it is an option for future improvement.

Another problem is multiple imports. You would need some system to guarantee that you don't apply the language transformations twice.

New version: 0.45

Apart from a small fix I have now added a new file: copy_shopdata_images.php. It copies the images from the old shop to the new shop. This works only when they are on the same server.

In addition the recommended approach has been modified:

- it is now recommended to install the new shop on the server in a subdirectory of the old. 

- copy this new shop to your pc if you want to do lots of customization and/or experimentation.

In the old approach it was recommended to run copy_shopdata on the pc. But that is quite time consuming. 

21 minutes ago, dandumit said:

@musicmaster you do amazing things and fantastically those are freee ! 

regarding images copy... I was thinking that at migration would be a good moment to regenerate them and clean old different sizes...

Do prestools suite would help on this ?

There are several tools in Prestools for that.

With Image-regenerate you can specify that not-used formats are deleted.

• musicmaster changed the title to Copy Shopdata: Script for upgrading and fixing buggy shops
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, musicmaster said:

New version: 0.45

...In addition the recommended approach has been modified:

- it is now recommended to install the new shop on the server in a subdirectory of the old. 

- copy this new shop to your pc if you want to do lots of customization and/or experimentation.

In the old approach it was recommended to run copy_shopdata on the pc. But that is quite time consuming. 

I know the old documentation and that is very much detailed so even I could follow. Could you please update it to this new method Musicmaster?

For a quick clarification since I have troubles to follow:

Can I also create a new folder for the vanilla fresh installation on 'parallel' to my liveshop concerning the root folder of my host? You suggest subfolder but I like to distinct the liveshop and testshop. You also suggest to create the new one first and then to download/clone it to local PC if many editing is necessary. So I wonder where the benefit over the old approach is.

For my part I intendt to start with 1.6.x fresh and to set up a new template but ofcourse to migrate all business and perhaps necessary module config infos like thos for AdvancedEU module and Paypal etc.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:03 AM, Kornblume said:

I know the old documentation and that is very much detailed so even I could follow. Could you please update it to this new method Musicmaster?

For a quick clarification since I have troubles to follow:

Can I also create a new folder for the vanilla fresh installation on 'parallel' to my liveshop concerning the root folder of my host? You suggest subfolder but I like to distinct the liveshop and testshop. You also suggest to create the new one first and then to download/clone it to local PC if many editing is necessary. So I wonder where the benefit over the old approach is.

For my part I intendt to start with 1.6.x fresh and to set up a new template but ofcourse to migrate all business and perhaps necessary module config infos like thos for AdvancedEU module and Paypal etc.

Hi Kornblume,

The old method still works.

The advantage of the new method is that you can work faster. This is specially important when the old shop is no longer usable and you want something running again soon. It requires some ability with Filezilla (renaming and drag-and-drop) that could be better explained yet.

In case you want to take your time to finetune a new theme and new modules this is less important and the old method might be just as well.

If you have a copy of the old manual version that you like can you attach it here to a forum post?

Regards,

M

• musicmaster changed the title to Copy Shopdata: Script for upgrading and fixing buggy shops by copying business data and images

Version 0.49 has two main improvements:

- copy_shopdata_images is improved and has got some options. The manual has also got some tips on this subject.

- the carrier tables are no longer copied by default. It didn't work very well when people switched to other carrier modules. Of course you can include them yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning,

I am trying now to use "for real" your amazing script to migrate from ps 1.6 to 1.7.6. 

I didn't respect all details from manual and source it's a single shop but destination it's on multishop. 

I am getting error :

MySQL error 1062: Duplicate entry '' for key 'full_shop_url'
Generated by URL '/pts/copy_shopdata.php'
with Query 'UPDATE `ps_shop_url` SET domain='', domain_ssl='',physical_uri='''

I have commented  :

if($table == "shop_url")
  { 
    //$res = dbxquery($conn, "UPDATE `"._DB_PREFIX_."shop_url` SET domain='".mysqli_real_escape_string($conn,$newdomain)."', domain_ssl='".mysqli_real_escape_string($conn,$newdomain)."',physical_uri='".mysqli_real_escape_string($conn,$newdir)."'");
  }

I have commented that line and trying to update manually.

On function 

function copy_specific_price_priority_direct($table, $args)
{ global $conn, $oldconn;
  $query = "TRUNCATE TABLE "._DB_PREFIX_.$table;
  $res = dbxquery($conn, $query); 
  if(!$res) 
      sql_error($conn, $query);
  $query = "INSERT INTO `"._DB_NAME_."`.`"._DB_PREFIX_.$table."` (SELECT ".$args." FROM `"._OLD_NAME_."`.`"._OLD_PREFIX_.$table."`)";
  $query .= " ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `"._DB_NAME_."`.`"._DB_PREFIX_.$table."`.id_product=`"._DB_NAME_."`.`"._DB_PREFIX_.$table."`.id_product";
  $res = dbxquery($oldconn, $query); 
  if(!$res) 
      sql_error($oldconn, $query); 
}

you are using to execute insert $OLDCONN - I have changed it $conn simple.

Thank you,

Daniel 

6 hours ago, dandumit said:

Good Morning,

I am trying now to use "for real" your amazing script to migrate from ps 1.6 to 1.7.6. 

I didn't respect all details from manual and source it's a single shop but destination it's on multishop. 

I am getting error :

I have commented  :

if($table == "shop_url")
  { 
    //$res = dbxquery($conn, "UPDATE `"._DB_PREFIX_."shop_url` SET domain='".mysqli_real_escape_string($conn,$newdomain)."', domain_ssl='".mysqli_real_escape_string($conn,$newdomain)."',physical_uri='".mysqli_real_escape_string($conn,$newdir)."'");
  }

I have commented that line and trying to update manually.

On function 

function copy_specific_price_priority_direct($table, $args)
{ global $conn, $oldconn;
  $query = "TRUNCATE TABLE "._DB_PREFIX_.$table;
  $res = dbxquery($conn, $query); 
  if(!$res) 
      sql_error($conn, $query);
  $query = "INSERT INTO `"._DB_NAME_."`.`"._DB_PREFIX_.$table."` (SELECT ".$args." FROM `"._OLD_NAME_."`.`"._OLD_PREFIX_.$table."`)";
  $query .= " ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `"._DB_NAME_."`.`"._DB_PREFIX_.$table."`.id_product=`"._DB_NAME_."`.`"._DB_PREFIX_.$table."`.id_product";
  $res = dbxquery($oldconn, $query); 
  if(!$res) 
      sql_error($oldconn, $query); 
}

you are using to execute insert $OLDCONN - I have changed it $conn simple.

Thank you,

Daniel 

Hi Daniel,

When you make changes it becomes impossible for me to support the script as I don't know the extent of your changes and I didn't test them.

You mentioned

6 hours ago, dandumit said:

What I see here is that all the fields are filled with an empty value. That is not good. But without context I have no idea why that happens.

• Like 1

good morning. above points are just fine.  I have found an issue : 

values in configuration table for constants : PS_CUSTOMER_GROUP PS_GUEST_GROUP PS_UNIDENTIFIED_GROUP  are different on old shop and new shop. because of that crashes when trying to edit category. what else could be wrong on those configs ?

I see that those values where mentioned above also by someone above on table: ps_configuration:

Indeed I have started on 1.3 or even earlier.  and struggling to upgrade. I have bought also most expansive module for upgrade but in terms of performance you are far better.

Please have a review of function 

function copy_specific_price_priority_direct($table, $args)   you are doing truncate on newconn and then insert over newconn. is it on purpose like this ?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

If you look above you see that the "direct" functions are called when both shops are on the same server. So $oldconn and $conn are the same. The only reason to name one or the other is to stress which table is most important. What really matters in this context is the database and prefix names (_OLD_NAME_._OLD_PREFIX_).

I made a small upgrade in the manual for 0.51.

copy_shopdata_on_server.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Are we there yet ? 

As a Sign of respect for your work and support I have bought your module Prestools Suite. I don't know what they are doing but if those are the same of copy_shop data must be a huge deal !

Well your script it's just close to be perfect !  I have a little snag. 

I have used to copy my shop , works flawlessly however a small problem : "no carrier for this order"  i have created manually 2 carriers and those are working. 

Could you please suggest me what to investigate ?  are shop id's messed a bit ? Should I redefine them  ? 

Thank you,

Daniel

3 hours ago, dandumit said:

Are we there yet ? 

As a Sign of respect for your work and support I have bought your module Prestools Suite. I don't know what they are doing but if those are the same of copy_shop data must be a huge deal !

Well your script it's just close to be perfect !  I have a little snag. 

I have used to copy my shop , works flawlessly however a small problem : "no carrier for this order"  i have created manually 2 carriers and those are working. 

Could you please suggest me what to investigate ?  are shop id's messed a bit ? Should I redefine them  ? 

Thank you,

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your purchase.

Carriers are a bit tricky territory. As the system creates a new carrier every time you change the shipping price. I used to copy the carrier settings every time the product and order data were copied. But then I encountered a situation where someone had installed a new carrier module and the next copy erased all its settings. So at the moment the carriers are not copied but you can easily include them in the config file. I probably will switch to only copying the first time.

I don't know the exact situation where you get this message. Are those completed orders? Or do they still need to be shipped? My suggestion would be to include those carriers once.

• Like 1

Good Morning. Please guide me a little more. 

I have migrated shop , updated few things and tried to complete one order.  Then I hit the issue of "No carrier available". I have tried to edit existing one because I was knowing the behavior of new currier creation. I have tried to play with zones and thing but no success. 

Please tell me what table to include in migration and where. 

Thank you !

Daniel

I am a bit puzzled by your question.

Near the top of the config file you will see:

$skip_carrier_tables = true;

Further down you find:

$carrier_tables = array("carrier","carrier_group","carrier_lang","carrier_shop","carrier_tax_rules_group_shop","carrier_zone","delivery","range_price","range_weight");  /* also: module_carrier */
if(!$skip_carrier_tables)
  $copied_tables = array_merge($copied_tables, $carrier_tables);

But you should really be more precise in describing the issue. I assume this is for new orders. Carrier not found is a complicated beast and there even is some bug that can cause it.

Prestools has a tool near the bottom of its Shop Rescue page to check for the most common causes.

New in the toolset: Copy_shopdata_fix.

It is meant for shops that used to work but had a bad upgrade.

You install a fresh shop of the same version on the same server - most likely in a subdirectory. You copy the data from the old shop to the new shop like you did with Copy_shopdata. But in this case all tables are copied. 

And when you are ready you assign the new database to the old shop. 

In the process missing fields, changed field formats, missing hooks and missing config values will be fixed.

And it can be done within an hour...

30 minutes ago, dandumit said:

interesting. I had some issues with some theme and I have did upgrade to 1.7.8. 

then I got Prestashop 1.7.8 is not yet supported by Prestools.

When it will be upgraded ?  What version do you recommend to run ?

Thank you,

Daniel

I have updated Prestools now to support 1.7.8.

• 2 months later...

Hi

As I can no longer upgrade PrestaShop due to [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:" " jqXHR: " Gateway Timeout"]

Just tried this tool out and I get this error -

MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user 'modelho3_pres963'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

My host is telling me that

"I was able to replicate the issue and it seems that the database user does not have permission to write the query's output to a file. The query (a similar one for visual clarity) runs fine when the 'INTO OUTFILE' clause is removed:

MySQL [modelho3_pres963]> select count(*) `id_product_1`,`id_product_2` from `psxz_accessory`; +--------------+--------------+ | id_product_1 | id_product_2 | +--------------+--------------+ | 2443 | 3 | +--------------+--------------+ 1 row in set (0.001 sec)

The exact issue is that the database user is lacking the FILE permission and unfortunately, it can't be granted."

Any help would be appreciated as I have been trying to fix my store (it works but things are wrong in the back office and I can no longer access certain parts!  Have been trying to sort out in fits and starts for the past 18 months! 

Thanks

Nikki

2 hours ago, nikkickc said:

Hi

As I can no longer upgrade PrestaShop due to [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:" " jqXHR: " Gateway Timeout"]

Just tried this tool out and I get this error -

MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user 'modelho3_pres963'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

My host is telling me that

"I was able to replicate the issue and it seems that the database user does not have permission to write the query's output to a file. The query (a similar one for visual clarity) runs fine when the 'INTO OUTFILE' clause is removed:

MySQL [modelho3_pres963]> select count(*) `id_product_1`,`id_product_2` from `psxz_accessory`; +--------------+--------------+ | id_product_1 | id_product_2 | +--------------+--------------+ | 2443 | 3 | +--------------+--------------+ 1 row in set (0.001 sec)

The exact issue is that the database user is lacking the FILE permission and unfortunately, it can't be granted."

Any help would be appreciated as I have been trying to fix my store (it works but things are wrong in the back office and I can no longer access certain parts!  Have been trying to sort out in fits and starts for the past 18 months! 

Thanks

Nikki

Try to use copy_shopdata_fix

19 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Try to use copy_shopdata_fix

Thank you for the response

Just tried copy_shopdata_fix and get this

MySQL error 1142: SELECT command denied to user 'um8qi8lg6bbwh'@'localhost' for table 'psxs_lang'
Generated by URL '/NewShop/admin8376/PRESTOOLS/copy_shopdata_fix.php'
with Query 'SELECT * FROM modelho3_pres963.psxs_lang'

Thanks for your assistance

• 3 months later...

hello,  I did not manage to upgrade to 1.7 yet. I need to run some more time to 1.6 . however I do have a big limitation : tables are in ISAM organisation and migration to INODB would bring much improvement on speed. 

however simple command on mysql level does not succeeds due to datatypes . may I use this script to migrate to same version of database but in inodb organisation ?

Daniel

1 minute ago, dandumit said:

however simple command on mysql level does not succeeds due to datatypes . may I use this script to migrate to same version of database but in inodb organisation ?

go ahead and report.

Have backups of shop and database.

New version with quite a lot of changes:

- copying over the PS 1.6.0/1.6.1 barrier should now be painless (although copying between versions is discouraged many people do it).

- several extra variables in the config file that allow copying of old extra fields and indexes and resolving of duplicate key errors.

- More options for copying images (copy_)shopdata_imghub.php)

Please report any problems you encounter.

• 2 weeks later...

The ps_referrer* tables are now part of the $log_and_stats_tables section instead of the $copied_tables.

It appeared that the ps_connections_source and the ps_referrer_cache table are related. When you empty the ps_connections_source table while leaving the ps_referrer_cache table intact you may get errors.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, dandumit said:

Good Morning @musicmaster

I am trying to use option image cleanup. however there are so many that I get all the time out of memory. 

What should I do ? I don't have active button to delete them...

thank you,

Daniel

Did you notice the "restart collection" checkbox?

You can click the "gather unused images" button again but when you do that the second time you must make sure that "restart collection" is not checked.

function update_config_value($conf, $insert_flag) 

i'm not a programmer. I dont understand how the above function works. For example in my old table ps_configuration the value PS _REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE exists with id 275   but I get this message "inserting PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE AS 426". i am doing something wrong but i dont know what. 

Edited by psxtavi
fixed (see edit history)

10 hours ago, psxtavi said:

function update_config_value($conf, $insert_flag) 

i'm not a programmer. I dont understand how the above function works. For example in my old table ps_configuration the value PS _REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE exists with id 275   but I get this message "inserting PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE AS 426". i am doing something wrong but i dont know what.

As I said: download the latest version and try that.

Those number are just the id's in the configuration table. They are not relevant as that number isn't used in the code. In the code always PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE is used.

Good Morning @musicmaster,

Regarding images cleanup. I still have 2 issues to be solved:

- there are entries in images table and there is no file on disk. I would need to clean up those entries too

- I had some time an webp module installed and that left on disk files with .webp extension. I would like to delete files in formats and resolutions that are not needed.

How do you apreciate those requirements ? are your scripts able to accomplish those ?

Thank you,

Daniel  

• 4 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 9:47 AM, dandumit said:

Good Morning @musicmaster,

Regarding images cleanup. I still have 2 issues to be solved:

- there are entries in images table and there is no file on disk. I would need to clean up those entries too

- I had some time an webp module installed and that left on disk files with .webp extension. I would like to delete files in formats and resolutions that are not needed.

How do you apreciate those requirements ? are your scripts able to accomplish those ?

Thank you,

Daniel  

- There is an option "remove missing product image links too"

- The image regenerate page has an option "delete unused". That deletes "formats and resolutions that are not needed". But I am not sure how that affects webp.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I´ve been testing your script for data migration of our eshop(1.6->8, 1-click fails, co I´m migrating to clean 1.6 and then up). Few questions/tips:

- is there a way to set "hard copying" of extra tables for modules? Now, it copies the content only if table exists, but I do not actually want to install said modules before upgrading up to latest PS, those are just data/log tables, I can export/import them, just making in within the script would make it faster(I have very limited time to run the update, so I´m testing and trying to optimise every step) as then manually exporting from old DB and then importing to new DB

- copying shop_url table would be probably better set as config param, because when used with multistore, it will always fail as the 1st eshop has already set the shop_url and so it will fail on duplicate key (other stores you can be added with only store IDs, but the 1st one will always have it set, probably done when turning on multistore option or somewhere)

- how does multistore copy work? I thought that I can use it to my "advantage" and remove the store by not preparing the ID in new store - because we actually want to remove one of our multistores and it´s pretty much impossible to do it from running eshop, so removing while upgrade seemed like the only way, but when I try the migration, it´s like few-few, few tables got stuff with said ID removed(or not copied) and few others still have rows with that ID

Last one - not sure, what I´m doing wrong, but If I try to run "copy_shopdata_imghub.php", it always fails with this green page, can´t find anything to set up old and new directories, form that is on picture in DOCS is not visible (I´ve tried updating the script now, so I have actual version, but was the same with the older one I had before):

Prestashop copyshopdata image copy
product images
This is the interactive version of copy_shopdata_image. You need to set the source shop's data there. Other data set there can be changed here.
You can change settings while the script is running and the changes will take immediate effect.
Only image id's that are present in the database will be copied.
Batchsize 100 is recommended for copying. For checking 1000 can be used.The start id will increase during the process.
For "other images and files" the directory names will be shown in red when the old directory contains file names that are not present in the new one. When it is not present in the new shop a blue background is used.
Derived images are images like 123-small_default.jpg. Range can be like 1-100,777.

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /shop_address.../prestools/copy_shopdata_imghub.php on line 247

Notice: Undefined index: in /shop_address.../prestools/copy_shopdata_imghub.php on line 247

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /shop_address.../prestools/copy_shopdata_imghub.php on line 248

Notice: Undefined index: in /shop_address.../prestools/copy_shopdata_imghub.php on line 248
Copying from to
Relative from ../../ to ../../

Old and new image directory are the same!

Hi Wolf,

-  For hard copying I would suggest exporting the structure of those extra tables from the old database and importing it in the new one. Then you can add their name to the list of tables that should be copied in the config file.

- Copy_shopdata has no features for copying multishop. It just copies everything. So it is unclear to me how you want to use it to selectively copy some of the shops of your installation.

- I don't understand your problems with removing a shop in Prestashop. Sure, it may leave some data behind. But you can remove that with the function "Remove deleted shops info" on the Cleanup page of Prestools.

- I see there is a problem in copying ps_shop_url. Probably the best solution is not copying it.

- "copy_shopdata_imghub.php" uses data from the ps_shop_url tables on the lines that cause an error in your case. It needs the correct urls of the old and the new shop to know the locations for the copying. So I would need to know what you did there to solve this problem. In a normal situation it doesn't give errors.

7 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Hi Wolf,

-  For hard copying I would suggest exporting the structure of those extra tables from the old database and importing it in the new one. Then you can add their name to the list of tables that should be copied in the config file.

- Copy_shopdata has no features for copying multishop. It just copies everything. So it is unclear to me how you want to use it to selectively copy some of the shops of your installation.

- I don't understand your problems with removing a shop in Prestashop. Sure, it may leave some data behind. But you can remove that with the function "Remove deleted shops info" on the Cleanup page of Prestools.

- I see there is a problem in copying ps_shop_url. Probably the best solution is not copying it.

- "copy_shopdata_imghub.php" uses data from the ps_shop_url tables on the lines that cause an error in your case. It needs the correct urls of the old and the new shop to know the locations for the copying. So I would need to know what you did there to solve this problem. In a normal situation it doesn't give errors.

- good idea, that should do

- aaah, ok, that´s the problem, I thought (from the manual saying u have to set-up same shop IDs) that it actually checks the shop IDs while migrating the data

- removing multistore shops is blocked in PS, the delete button vanishes as soon as I think first user is registered within the shop because it does not have functions to move users and connected stuff between shops, I´ve already prepared SQLs for all tables with shop_id column to move or remove all the stuff connected to said shop ID

- yeah, I removed it from the list

- so it´s pretty much connected with the point before, because copying that table doesnt work, url of my primary shop is set up from the installation of the new empty PS, so it does not have the url of the old store(seems like other 3 shops have urls filled with old urls), but the main one has the new url, so that´s why it says old and new directory are the same, you should mention this somewhere in manual as it´s not that obvious

Edited by d@rkWolf (see edit history)

"aaah, ok, that´s the problem, I thought (from the manual saying u have to set-up same shop IDs) that it actually checks the shop IDs while migrating the data"

No. It doesn't check at all. Language id's are changed when needed. But shop ids are blindly copied.

"because copying that table doesnt work"

The algorithm copied the table, except for the domain and path (uri) of the new shop. What went wrong was that this domain and path were copied to all shops in a multishop situation. That violated a unique database index. I am now thinking about no longer copying any of the ps_shop* tables. That would allow a situation where you make less shops. In that case you could use the Prestools Cleanup function to get rid of the extra fields.

Imghub works only while on the same server? I thought it will work even between different servers when there is http copy button on the image in manual? What´s the catch(other that it can probably be slow)? Can´t do it on the same server as I have to upgrade from PS 1.6 to PS8.1 and they don't have an intersecting version of php.

37 minutes ago, d@rkWolf said:

Imghub works only while on the same server? I thought it will work even between different servers when there is http copy button on the image in manual? What´s the catch(other that it can probably be slow)? Can´t do it on the same server as I have to upgrade from PS 1.6 to PS8.1 and they don't have an intersecting version of php.

I fixed this in the update.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Rizzzle said:

Hi,

Is this module suitable for copying customers and order data from 1.7.7.x to 1.8?

Thank you 

From what I have seen of the database differences most likely it will work. But I haven't tested it yet. So it is possible that some kind of problem appears.

If that happens I will be happy to fix that. The software already contains fixes that enable copying between older versions (from 1.5.0.10 on).

hello,

I have Prestashop installation 1.6.1.24 with data

and I want upgrade to somewhat actual, latest 1.7.* or 8.*

but I read in "copy_shopdata.pdf     │ 241329│Dec  3 15:13" that

Both shops should have the same Prestashop version.

that means, that script is not for me?

and in 1st post is

Copy_shopdata should be installed in the same directory as Prestools as it uses Prestools for authorization.

but link to Prestools is gone?

thanks,

Tas Puika

Hi Tas,

Sorry for the confusion.

Having the same version is the recommended way. But as many people used it with different versions anyway, I have fixed the software to handle that correctly. Using the same version is just some extra safety, but it is not really needed.

The 1.6.1/1.7 barrier is still kind of a problem as 1.7 uses different password encoding. I don't know how you can handle that other than doing a manual upgrade over that barrier.

I fixed the Prestools link. Thanks for reporting the problem.

M

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, xbhy said:

Hello, wow, this looks great. Can I use it to transfer products and orders from PS 1.7 to 8.1? Is that supported? Thank you very much.

It should work. But just like with any other update program - including 1-click - make a backup and check afterwards.