Import entire category with products, directly from SQL database file

I was wondering if it is possible to Import an entire category with products, directly from SQL database file, to maybe a csv file or something..

I need this because i wasn`t able to install locally a previous shop that i only have the backup zip files.. its a category with 250 products, images, prices, descriptions, and keywords.. it can save me 2 weeks of hard work doing it all over again..

Thanks for your insights!

Edited by lipdesign (see edit history)

The SQL database you are talking about is it having prestashop tables or your custom tables? When you say import categories from a SQL database to a csv, I feel like you want to Export categories from SQL to CSV. Something like this image from my Cpanel myPhpAdmin 

post-908574-0-49037800-1433117421_thumb.png

yes, that's exactly what i want to do. all i have is the backed up sql file from the previous shop. But my concern is that to make things work, i have to import several tables, am i right? too many ps_tables to do it manually! the tree is as follows: root category, 250 products divided in 10 subcategorys. Is there any "automated" way to do this!?

• 2 weeks later...