Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Missing template name'

goodshopping.tv

Hallo everybody, I have the following error when I try to display my site (http://www.goodshopping.tv) on mobile devices.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Missing template name' in /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:639 Stack trace: #0 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(117): Smarty_Internal_Template->__get('source') #1 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(286): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, false, false, true) #2 /home/goodshopping/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/46/cb/e4/46cbe44c78572abe1fc8c968c9bb573f537e3138.file.category-tree-branch.tpl.php(55): Smarty_Internal_Template->getSubTemplate('', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array, 0) #3 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_555e0083498a05_57930622(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(286): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(NULL, NULL, NULL, N in /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 639

As told it's only happening on mobile devices while on PC and tablets everything is nice.

Someone can help me?

Thank you.

Gil

Maybe your Theme has no specific theme files for mobile, but maybe you turned on 'enable mobile theme" (Preferences->Themes)?

Maybe just turn off mobile theme and see if it works on mobile (Although I see the theme is not really responsive, so it might not be very clear/fitting.)

What PS version do you use??

pascal.

Pascal thank you so much. We use 1.5.6.1 and we have the sub-folder mobile inside our installed theme. As suggested, I tried to turn off the mobile theme from the BO and now viewing the site from mobile is functionning. Unfortunately, as told by you, the theme is not responsive (it's an old one) and this is the reason why there is also the mobile version of the theme. Effectively the problem isn't solved but, at least, from any mobile device now is not returning an error. Any chance to solve the matter? The problem is encountered until call the mobile theme and it is very difficult to look for that inside the code. What I could try to do is replace the sub-folder mobile with the one of a previous backup when the mobile version was functionning, but I'm not sure this will solve the matter.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Gil

Did you check if there's an update for your theme (did you buy the theme BEFORE going to 1.5.6.1?) or SHOULD it be compatible with this PS version?

Indeed not easy to debug, as you must be on mobile to see the theme. Not sure if there exists tricks to make the mobile theme work on your desktop...

The error mentions a file: category-tree-branch.tpl.php., this is part of the blockcategories module. Maybe you can try to turn off the module (disable) for a moment, and see if the mobile site then loads. This will narrow our search...

pascal.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Pascal, sorry for not have been back before.

Now on mobile versions appears this mistake.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "/home/goodshopping/public_html/themes/theme576/mobile/category-tree-branch.tpl" on line 46 "" unclosed {if} tag' in /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667 Stack trace: #0 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(118): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error('unclosed {if} t...') #1 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(206): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('{*?* 2007-2012 ...') #2 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(187): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTemplate(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #3 /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSou in /home/goodshopping/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667

Have you any idea on what does it mean?

Furthermore disabling the mobile version from BO everything displays on mobile but too little, since as you told our theme is not responsive.

I will appreciate any suggestion (my boss doesn't mind to change the theme at the moment).

Thank you.

Gil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gil,

Sorry for late reply. I'm on holiday and first day of opening the forum here (Still away a lot until end of the month...)

Not sure you found the problem already but just in case, I'll give some hints:

In the error you can read there is a {/if} missing    (the 'unclosed {if}' they talk about)

So check the /home/goodshopping/public_html/themes/theme576/mobile/category-tree-branch.tpl and see if all {if}'s have an accompanying {/if} closing tag around the correct block.

I expect there to be some responsive themes available for 1.5.x versions, but don't know of any specific one. Search some template sites and look through the descriptions if you se one that you(r boss) like(s). Maybe try to find some that have some similarity to the current one and check yourself first. Then give a few choices to the boss.

My 2 cents,

Pascal.

• Like 1