Moving text in categories

manusegarra

Question

Hi to everybody,

I would like to change the position for category text that is displayed over the category banner in a category page (see example here, the text over the grey banner with the boots http://bouttye.com/12-botas-de-hombre).

What I would like is to keep on showing the banner picture, then the list/grid of articles, and the below the articles to add the text.

I guess I should edit someway the category template, but I'm quite newbie and a couple of indications will be more than wellcome  :)

Thanks in advance for your help, and get my best regards.

Manuel.

2 answers to this question

hello

it's a case of modification of category.tpl file located in your theme directory.

there is a code:

{if $category->description}
                            <div class="cat_desc rte">
                            {if Tools::strlen($category->description) > 350}
                                <div id="category_description_short">{$description_short}</div>
                                <div id="category_description_full" class="unvisible">{$category->description}</div>
                                <a href="{$link->getCategoryLink($category->id_category, $category->link_rewrite)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" class="lnk_more">{l s='More'}</a>
                            {else}
                                <div>{$category->description}</div>
                            {/if}
                            </div>
                        {/if}

you can move it to the end of the file

Hi Vekia,

Thak you very much. It worked perfectly, although it kept the text also over the category banner. I deleted or commented another part of the code refering to category description some lines over the ones you said, and it works great.

Thank you very much again.