New Block - Picture Block

getstock

Hi all, I am trying to create a block that will simply display a .jpg image, which you should be able to load from the options on the module tab. I have borrowed code from all over the place and suprise suprise it does not work.

I have some experience with PHP, but none with smarty so not really sure what I am doing!

Basically this is what I have so far, It comes up with an installation error:

<?php

class blockpicture1 extends Module
{    
   function __construct()
   {
        $this->name = 'blockpicture1';
        $this->tab = 'Tools';
        $this->version = '1.0';
       $this->displayName = $this->l('Picture Block 1');

parent::__construct();

$this->description = $this->l('Add a picture');
       $this->confirmUninstall = $this->l('Remove Image?');
   }

function install()
   {
       if (!parent::install())
           return false;
       if (!$this->registerHook('left'))
           return false;
       return true;
   }

function uninstall()
   {
       if (!Configuration::deleteByName('blockpicture1') OR !parent::uninstall())
           return false;
       return true;
   }
   function getContent()

{
   /* upload the image */
               if (isset($_FILES['block_picture_1']) AND isset($_FILES['block_picture_1']['tmp_name']) AND !empty($_FILES['block_picture_1']['tmp_name']))
                   {
               Configuration::set('PS_IMAGE_GENERATION_METHOD', 1);
               if ($error = checkImage($_FILES['block_picture_1'], $this->maxImageSize))
                   $errors .= $error;
               elseif (!$tmpName = tempnam(_PS_TMP_IMG_DIR_, 'PS') OR !move_uploaded_file($_FILES['block_picture_1']['tmp_name'], $tmpName))
                   return false;
               elseif (!imageResize($tmpName, dirname(__FILE__).'/block_picture_1.jpg'))
                   $errors .= $this->displayError($this->l('An error occurred during the image upload.'));
               unlink($tmpName);
                   }
           }

function hookLeft($params)
   {

}

}

?>

Am I even close on getting this somewhere close to working? Or am I so far off that I haven't got a hope in hell! Could somene be kind enough to give me some pointers.

Many thanks

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
<? 

if (isset($_FILES['imagename']) AND isset($_FILES['imagename']['tmp_name']) AND !empty($_FILES['imagename']['tmp_name']))
           {
               $idcat = $_REQUEST['idcat'];
$lang =$_REQUEST['lang'];
               Configuration::set('PS_IMAGE_GENERATION_METHOD', 1);
               if ($error = checkImage($_FILES['imagename'], $this->maxImageSize))
                   $errors .= $error;
               elseif (!$tmpName = "images/" /*tempnam(_PS_TMP_IMG_DIR_, 'PS')*/ OR !move_uploaded_file($_FILES['imagename']['tmp_name'], $tmpName))
                   return false;
               elseif (!imageResize($tmpName, dirname(__FILE__).'/ClassicDesignShop_'. $idcat . "_" . $lang . '.jpg'))
                   $errors .= $this->displayError($this->l('An error occurred during the image upload of box 3 ita.'));
               unlink($tmpName);
           }
?>

This upload to the file where i have the class file in the admin tabs. Can some one edit so that I can upload to the root/images/category please instead of the temporary file as i am changing the tempname and it does not work. Please Help