MahmutGulerce

[FREE MODULE] Login As Customer

This module allows BO administrators to login FO as a customer by clicking a simple button at AdminCustomer page. Adds a simple login button to customer pages at BO.

The module never needs to change password of customer or any information of a customer. It is also quick and safe due to using own encryiption keys.

Can be used for:

• Create orders on behalf of your customers (customers who requested help to ordering just like in live chat, or by phone)
  • Redirecting customer by browsing same pagea step by step
  • Check for errors or feedbacks froms customer quickly

Update: Please follow https://github.com/rowanfuchs/PrestaShop-login-as-a-customer download up to date files.
Thanks to @Rowan - 999 Games

PrestaShop-login-as-a-customer-master.zip

Edited by MahmutGulerce (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

You sir, did a great job! Works perfect, thank you so much!

Thanks for your feed back. I feel in outer space due to no one interested in this module yet. 

Have a nice shop !

Thanks for the module!

In the multistore it's working but when a customer belongs to another multistore you can login in every multistore without warning.

When you can fix this it;'s perfect!

Thanks for the module!

In the multistore it's working but when a customer belongs to another multistore you can login in every multistore without warning.

When you can fix this it;'s perfect!

Thanks hollandtextiles

In fact,I think it looks like it should be. Prestashop core allows that. But if you explain more what restrictions you need I will work on it.

Thank you for this very useful module!

I was looking for a solution like this and almost resigned to the idea that I'll have to make a module myself.

Thanks for helping me and others with that.

• Like 1

Hi Mahmut,

Can it be made to work with other profiles not only with the administrator one?

Regards,

Robert

[EDIT] : Never mind, solved it by moving it to another hook.

Got this installed but when I try to login as customer I get a little generic icon with a lock on it.  Any clues?

Got this installed but when I try to login as customer I get a little generic icon with a lock on it.  Any clues?

What rights does the employee account have when you try this?

Hi Mahmut,

Can it be made to work with other profiles not only with the administrator one?

Regards,

Robert

[EDIT] : Never mind, solved it by moving it to another hook.

I should add a function for permissions. Thanks for this nice idea !

When you login as the customer, the cart is empty.
Why? I'd like to see the real status of the customer to add items to his cart and that he can see them when he connects.

When you login as the customer, the cart is empty.

Why? I'd like to see the real status of the customer to add items to his cart and that he can see them when he connects.

It doesn't touch cart or any other data of customer when you login as a customer. May you tried on a customer with an empty cart ?

Is this available for PS v1.7? If not, are you planning to do it for the new release?

Is this available for PS v1.7? If not, are you planning to do it for the new release?

I will.

But in fact, I think, developing a new module (not an upgrade) to 1.7 can be easier. Because current module has just a few lines of a few files. But the upgrade have to be tons of lines due to the 1.7 structure  

Installed to 1.6.1.10 and when I click the button to login as customer it gets redirected to the login as customer icon. There's nothing else in the page.

• Like 1

Installed to 1.6.1.10 and when I click the button to login as customer it gets redirected to the login as customer icon. There's nothing else in the page.

What are your cookie settings? And have you cleared them after the install?

I tried again. Deleted all cookies from Firefox after install and tried again but the same result. I don't know about my cookie settings. Should be standard I guess.

Hi, seems useful, when I installed though, I get the following message (because I have another module using the primary key)

Duplicate entry '2-124' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO `ps_module_access` (`id_profile`, `id_module`, `view`, `configure`, `uninstall`) (
                SELECT id_profile, 124, 1, 1, 1
                FROM ps_access a
                WHERE id_tab = (
                    SELECT `id_tab` FROM ps_tab
                    WHERE class_name = 'AdminModules' LIMIT 1)
                AND a.`view` = 1)

Hi, seems useful, when I installed though, I get the following message (because I have another module using the primary key)

Duplicate entry '2-124' for key 'PRIMARY'

INSERT INTO `ps_module_access` (`id_profile`, `id_module`, `view`, `configure`, `uninstall`) (

SELECT id_profile, 124, 1, 1, 1

FROM ps_access a

WHERE id_tab = (

SELECT `id_tab` FROM ps_tab

WHERE class_name = 'AdminModules' LIMIT 1)

AND a.`view` = 1)

More like something went wrong about permissions/tabs before installation. I guest you can still use it. 

More like something went wrong about permissions/tabs before installation. I guest you can still use it. 

I re-installed it and got no error this time so it was something random. Now, I don't see the log in button, it displays "logo.jpg" at the bottom of the customer's info page and if I click on it it takes me to the developer's website.

Edited by tivicrdotcom (see edit history)

bonjour,

félicitations pour votre module fonctionne très bien avec 1.6.1.17

merci

Hi, I tried using the module in PS 1.7.2.2, But did not work. When I try to loging as customer, I get the login window.

Is there a solution?

Thanks, Robert

On 18.02.2018 at 8:49 AM, HavanA said:

Thank you for this module!

Thanks for your feedback. 

Is there anyone to request a feature for next version ? I'm going to publish new version next week. 

MahmutGulerce Thanks for Great module :-)

For those who has problem with login as customers, and after click on icon login as customer saw new page with login screen - its because the customer, you're trying to login, has account in guest group. after transforming it to regular customer account it will work like a charm.

Hey Dear Developer,

Theres is a big security hole in this plugin. I don't want to explain to everbody but i can log in every store-s, every customer's account where this plugin has been installed.

I don't need any secret key or anything, just trying throught the possible customer ids. I think you should fix it!

2 hours ago, Reho said:

Hey Dear Developer,

Theres is a big security hole in this plugin. I don't want to explain to everbody but i can log in every store-s, every customer's account where this plugin has been installed.

I don't need any secret key or anything, just trying throught the possible customer ids. I think you should fix it!

Hi Reho

thank you for your feedback. As the nature of opensource, secret information can not help to keeping safety,

So you might as well share you found here,  than let us fix if there is a issue.

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, MahmutGulerce said:

Hi Reho

thank you for your feedback. As the nature of opensource, secret information can not help to keeping safety,

So you might as well share you found here,  than let us fix if there is a issue.

Thanks 

Okay, here it is:

You can log in with a user for example ID 4 by  accessing the following URL: 
/module/loginascustomer/login?id_customer=4&itoken=a87ff679a2f3e71d9181a67b7542122c

a87ff679a2f3e71d9181a67b7542122c is the md5 hash of "4", what you can generate in any online services, you don't need to write any code.

I don't know why you need the itoken in the /controllers/front/login.php:41 it's just looks like a backdoor.

With these method, any data miner or hacker can walk through the shop's customers and collect sensiteve data.

Hi

Thanks for reply, It seems the the file I attached first message is not the last version. The condition is 

if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer') && Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer))

And the makeToken function uses a protected-hidden defined key (_COOKIE_KEY_) of store like: 

public function makeToken($id_customer)
{
     return md5(_COOKIE_KEY_.$id_customer.date("Ymd"));
}

for the version I've. 

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. In fact, I've not updated this topic more than 2 years. I'm updating the file in first message right now. 

thanks.

8 minutes ago, MahmutGulerce said:

Hi

Thanks for reply, It seems the the file I attached first message is not the last version. The condition is 

if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer') && Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer))

And the makeToken function uses a protected-hidden defined key (_COOKIE_KEY_) of store like: 

{
}

for the version I've. 

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. In fact, I've not updated this topic more than 2 years. I'm updating the file in first message right now. 

thanks.

Yepp, that fix seems ok. Hope all of the installed sites will update this plugin.

I cannot installed the zip file. As it comes back with error message " This file does not seem to be a valid module zip "

I am using PS1.7.3

On 3/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, gray said:

I cannot installed the zip file. As it comes back with error message " This file does not seem to be a valid module zip "

I am using PS1.7.3

Fıxed !

Works gr8 on PS1.7.3 - One of the best needed modules. Thxs.

2 hours ago, ritopina said:

Hi,

Prestasop 1.7.3 work :)

Thank

2 hours ago, gray said:

Works gr8 on PS1.7.3 - One of the best needed modules. Thxs.

That's the way to get happy for me. Thanks for feedbacks. 

On 3/26/2018 at 4:30 PM, Reho said:

Yepp, that fix seems ok. Hope all of the installed sites will update this plugin.

I installed on my prestashop 1.6.1.11 and it work ;) But please let me know if the security issue is rezolved. 

Thanks for the amazing module!

PS 1.7.2.4 am i looking something wrong, but i cant see the "button". Installation went ok.

Do i need to modify something because of PS v 1.7 or?

Tx

Sorry i was looking at wrong place, it works great. Thank you.

Edited by Josip
SOLVED (see edit history)

Hi MahmutGulerce.

Thanks a lot for the module!

Best regards

MacRoy

Hi, thank lot for your module. I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.19

I'm having a problem with the module that is causing a 500 error.

It worked on a few clients and then caused this error. I use a module that allows to connect with Amazon, paypal, twitter etc ... the problem can not it come from there when a customer has created his account in this way?

Best regards

Edited by Sanchofred (see edit history)

On 13/6/2018 at 11:50 AM, Josip said:

PS 1.7.2.4 am i looking something wrong, but i cant see the "button". Installation went ok.

Do i need to modify something because of PS v 1.7 or?

Tx

Sorry i was looking at wrong place, it works great. Thank you.

Can you tell me where is the button? I couldn´t fin it editing an order o searching in customer logs, regards

On 14/8/2018 at 12:49 AM, Pablus said:

Can you tell me where is the button? I couldn´t fin it editing an order o searching in customer logs, regards

Inside the customer profile in BO

Thanks for the work!

Edited by tali656 (see edit history)

On 3/27/2018 at 12:17 AM, MahmutGulerce said:

Hi

{
}

for the version I've. 

thanks.

Hi, is the attachment on the first post the updated one? i've installed it, but i can still access other accounts by using the MD5 spoofing issue as pointed out by Reho.

9 hours ago, Cuball said:

Hi, is the attachment on the first post the updated one? i've installed it, but i can still access other accounts by using the MD5 spoofing issue as pointed out by Reho.

Yes !
It's up to date. 

1 hour ago, MahmutGulerce said:

Yes !
It's up to date. 

Strange, I can still access other profiles from the front end by using the MD5 spoofing "/module/loginascustomer/login?id_customer=4&itoken=a87ff679a2f3e71d9181a67b7542122c "

Was this fixed already? because it is a security issue.

On 09.10.2018 at 7:55 PM, Cuball said:

Was this fixed already? because it is a security issue.

It's not fixed yet.

To fix this you can change the code of loginascustomer\controllers\front\login.php file, i.e. remove a code from the condition:

OR Tools::getValue('itoken') == md5((string)Tools::getValue('id_customer'))

Report:

Error 500 when following button "Login As Customer" in Prestashop 1.7.4.3

PHP server error:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in [...]/modules/loginascustomer/controllers/front/login.php on line 42\n'

But I didn't find anything wrong there =/

@MakeOn, @MahmutGulerce

Line 41 is: 

if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer') && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer))

should be:

if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer') && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer)))

And i have problem when i click "login as customer" button:

login attempt failed
Please retry by using your admin panel.

How to fix? 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Sasni

I didn't realize about that close )

Now when following button "Login As Customer" the debug said me "Undefined variable: id_customer" 

Screenshot:

1525418245_errorloginascustomer.PNG.80cb1bff7be9cff9978f68b21422ef90.PNG

Maybe now the variable have another name in new versions? (I'm using Prestashop 1.7.4.3)

Edited by MakeOn
adding last line (see edit history)

Unfortunately 500 error on 1.7.4

unexpected '{' in 
/modules/loginascustomer/controllers/front/login.php on line 42

Should be something small

@Interesto look here -> 

@MakeOn edit line 41 in login.php

if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer'))

and it works :)

SUMMARY:

To remove errors, you need to edit line 41

if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer') && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer))

should be:

Edited by Sasni (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Dont get it working :( in 1.7.3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/admin/web/domain.com/public_html/modules/loginascustomer/controllers/front/login.php on line 44

if a get rid of the 44

I get this error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$customer' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/admin/web/domain.com/public_html/modules/loginascustomer/controllers/front/login.php on line 45

--------------------

class LoginAsCustomerLoginModuleFrontController extends ModuleFrontControllerCore
{
    public $ssl = true;
    public $display_column_left = false;

/**
     * @see FrontController::initContent()
     */
    public function initContent()
    {
        parent::initContent();

// if ($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer') && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer))

{
            $customer = new Customer((int)$id_customer);
            if (Validate::isLoadedObject($customer))
            {
                $customer->logged = 1;
                $this->context->customer = $customer;
                $this->context->cookie->id_customer = (int)$customer->id;
                $this->context->cookie->customer_lastname = $customer->lastname;
                $this->context->cookie->customer_firstname = $customer->firstname;
                $this->context->cookie->logged = 1;
                $this->context->cookie->check_cgv = 1;
                $this->context->cookie->is_guest = $customer->isGuest();
                $this->context->cookie->passwd = $customer->passwd;
                $this->context->cookie->email = $customer->email;
                Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=my-account');
            }
        }

$this->setTemplate('failed.tpl');

}
}

On 11/16/2018 at 11:09 PM, Sasni said:

And i have problem when i click "login as customer" button:

login attempt failed
Please retry by using your admin panel.

How to fix? 

I just downloaded the module and I've the same problem

Running PS 1.6.1.11

To solve that, follow this one:

https://blog.floriancourgey.com/2018/09/module-login-as-customer-in-prestashop-1-6-1-7/

Edited by moderator6000
Solution (see edit history)

On 11/21/2018 at 10:30 PM, Sasni said:

SUMMARY:

should be:

This worked for me. And i had many errors as well, as most of you. Just changing this made it work for 3 Different versions i have currently running:

Prestashop 1.7.3.3

Prestashop 1.7.4

Prestashop 1.7.1.X (For some reason, i can't access the Info Page of this particular Prestashop since installation almost) 

Thanks to the Developer by the way, this is really usefull for us. 

PS 1.6.1.18 the latest version you posted in first post give me error 500.

Doing a diff of old and latest version the difference is in the login.php file:

OLD version:

if (($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer')) && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer) OR Tools::getValue('itoken') == md5((string)Tools::getValue('id_customer'))))

Latest version in first post

using the debug i've a following error on latest version

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/rangelon/public_html/modules/loginascustomer/controllers/front/login.php on line 43

I don't uderstand witch is the correct one because both are marked as 0.7.2

Thanks for any support

Edited by ANGELO Vintage (see edit history)

Looking inside the code there are errors on parentesys on like 41 of Login.php

this is the correct version that works:

if (($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer')) && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer)))	

I hope that could help

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 10:30 PM, Sasni said:

@Interesto look here -> 

SUMMARY:

should be:

don't remove the token check or you have created a backdoor where anyone can login randomly with customer_Id

the correct line 41 is:

if (($id_customer = (int)Tools::getValue('id_customer')) && (Tools::getValue('xtoken') == $this->module->makeToken($id_customer)))

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ANGELO Vintage said:

don't remove the token check or you have created a backdoor where anyone can login randomly with customer_Id

the correct line 41 is:

@ANGELO Vintage

Thanks you very much for your aportation. I made the changes and the module still working properly. 

Very appreciated. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:08 AM, venalsol said:

@ANGELO Vintage

Thanks you very much for your aportation. I made the changes and the module still working properly. 

Very appreciated. 

you are welcome 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, info@gitaarbouwwinke said:

Thanks for this wonderful module.

It's working perfectly in 7.1.5 with the small adjustment on line 41.

Hallo, I am using 1.7.5 and I got error as following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /.../.../public_html/new/modules/loginascustomer/controllers/front/login.php on line 43

Any suggestion how to fix it? Thanks!

On 1/31/2019 at 7:32 PM, ANGELO Vintage said:

Looking inside the code there are errors on parentesys on like 41 of Login.php

this is the correct version that works:

I hope that could help

Here's the module installation file with parenthesis fixed. 😉

loginascustomer FIX 20190227.zip

Edited by André LIU (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

On 2/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, Sofitec said:

ho. presta 1.7.5.1 dont work module. you can review please ?

i answer my self ....  customer not registered.... :D  

Hello, if it works with the module PS 1.6..x Mahmut Gulerce, do not replace it with the module loginascustomer FIX 20190227 you may have problems with classes

Edited by Soyons zen (see edit history)

On 3/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, marcin_jaworski said:

public function initContent() in  \modules\loginascustomer\controllers\front\login.php have errors in if.
this is my working version:

login.php

This worked for v 1.7.5.2. THANKS!

5 hours ago, MathiasReker said:

Does not work with PS 1.7.6.0

Hi. Only re install module.  Always you upgrade presta some modules dont work. Re install and ready. Verify.. grettins 

23 hours ago, Sofitec said:

Hi. Only re install module.  Always you upgrade presta some modules dont work. Re install and ready. Verify.. grettins 

The module is not compatible with PrestaShop 1.7.6.0 because the customer page that the module is hooked to is migrated.

Bonjour,

Le module fonctionne--t-il sous prestashop 1.7.5.2 ?

Merci d'avance

7 hours ago, b-w-p said:

Bonjour,

Le module fonctionne--t-il sous prestashop 1.7.5.2 ?

Merci d'avance

Salut oui il fonctionne

Hello

I was trying modulo on 1.7.5.2.

version from 1 post, when clicking on button "log s costomer" go to [shop URL]/module/loginascustomer/login?id_customer=234&xtoken=1f74d336fa40b902cb1c73ad6a37bded

and dos not show anything

after changing index from @marcin_jaworski this same.

After desinstaling and instaling module from @Rowan - 999 Games there is no link in client view... 😕

also notice some permisosn problem ( 777) and try to change it, but it didn't influence on plugin ( doesn't work)

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, Rowan - 999 Games said:

I've added the latest login.php and some bugfixes for 1.7.6.0

loginascustomer.zip

Unfortunately is not working correctly with 1.7.6, no matter which customer was selected, when clicking the button to login as customer is always making login with the 1 customer (Joe Doe).

Edited by petrutz91 (see edit history)

On 15/07/2019 at 15:32, Rowan - 999 Games said:

J'ai ajouté le dernier login.php et quelques corrections de bugs pour 1.7.6.0

loginascustomer.zip

Ce module ne fonctionne pas !