Products not showing Prestashop 1.6.0.14

ioan1iuga

Hi, 

I started a website just a few weeks ago and I encountered a major issue today with all products, after reducing MySQL usage on PHPMyAdmin.

I received an email saying that I should do that ASAP, so I contacted my hosting provider (Bluehost) and asked them to check for me what exactly I should drop from the database. They told me what database is useless and can be erased, so I did like they said. Yesterday everything seemed to be OK with the website.

Today, none of my products are being shown, even though it shows the number of the products on page. Also, when I try to edit the product information, the SAVE & STAY and SAVE buttons are continuously spinning and no info can be edited. 

Now, I am not sure if the DB has anything to do with this or this is a known bug. I read the info on a different topic regarding the Save & Stay button, but I have version 1.6.0.14 and I understand that the bug was fixed through the update on 1.6.0.12 or smth like that. 

I am not a developer, but I do have basic knowledge. can anyone help me figure out what to do to solve this? Please see attachment. post-994221-0-45254200-1432387597_thumb.pngpost-994221-0-52025700-1432387598_thumb.pngpost-994221-0-52025700-1432387598_thumb.png

P.S: It's the same on any web browser. 

Hmmm, indeed it cannot find any product. If you look in the file themes/<your theme folder>/category.tpl, and look 'underwater' in Chrome, you can see that after the subcategories, the {if $products} ...{/if} code is not added at all to the page, indicating that it cannot find any products to show.

Did you have more than one database on the server, and did Bluehost tell you to remove one of them, or did they hack into the PrestaShop database (i.e. the one in use) itself?

I would see if you can restore your database and see if that helps. Then see if there's another solution to satisfy BlueHosts complains. (Otherwise maybe consider to move to another host...)

pascal.

P.S. Can you add the text of your Email here, to see if there's something more specific you can do to fix the problem?

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. 

The Bluehost agent recommended me to delete about 7 DB that seemed to be useless, and right now I only have one ( called pr9892)

Here is the text of the email they sent me:

Dear ioan:

It has come to our attention that your site is using an excessive amount of MySQL resources on your Bluehost account. This is causing performance problems not only on your own website, but for other customers that are on this same server.  When left unchecked, it can potentially cause crashes or service interruptions and lead to additional downtime.

Our research shows that server performance degrades when the MySQL usage is over 1000 tables and/or 3 GB on a single account or 1000 tables and/or 2 GB on a single database.  In order to ensure optimal performance for your account and the others in your shared hosting environment, we request that you reduce the MySQL usage on your account to under these limits by 06/03/2015.

Your account information:
    Total MySQL Database Size: 273.65 MB
    Total MySQL Tables: 2319

Largest MySQL Database Size: 37.61 MB
    Largest MySQL Table Count: 319

We do understand that these databases may be old or unused, and that there are programs/scripts that may create new tables automatically. If you need assistance with removing content or help troubleshooting the reason for this problem we will be happy to assist you in doing so. After you have removed the unused or excessively large MySQL content you may request a rescan of the account, to establish whether or not you're within acceptable limits.

In the event that your MySQL database content cannot feasibly be removed, separated across several accounts, compressed or optimized to be within these limits, we do offer an upgraded "Pro" hosting package that can accommodate bigger database needs.  Pro accounts are moved to a server specifically configured for users needing higher limitations than those available in our standard hosting, and combine additional features with fewer customers per server. This is available via the Upgrades tab for purchase from your cPanel. If you have questions about this upgraded package, please contact our Support or Sales department.

Proper maintenance of your account will ensure the best performance for your website.  If you are unable to comply with these requests your account will be automatically deactivated by 06/03/2015 to maintain proper server performance.  Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

Alternatively if you would like to increase the table count and size allowance, you may do so by upgrading to our PRO Package. This will migrate your account to one of our special PRO servers which allows for additional resource usage including MySQL. With the PRO Package your account can have up to 3,000 tables and size limits of 3GB per individual database and 5GB for all databases combined. Learn more about the PRO Package by clicking on the Upgrades Tab at the top of your Bluehost cPanel or contacting a member of our Sales team.

Per conditions stated in the Terms of Service (http://www.bluehost.com/terms), this issue needs to be resolved:
7.03. Bluehost does not set arbitrary limits on the amountof disk space a Subscriber can use for the Subscriber's website, nor does Bluehost charge additional fees based on an increased amount of storage used, provided the Subscriber's use of storage complies with these Terms. Please note, however, that the Bluehost service is designed to host websites. Bluehost does NOT provide unlimited space for online storage, backups, or archiving of electronic files, documents, log files, etc., and any such prohibited use of the Services will result in the termination of Subscriber's account, with or without notice. Accounts with a large number of files (inode count in excess of 200,000) can have an adverse affect on server performance. Similarly, accounts with an excessive number of MySQL/PostgreSQL tables (i.e., in excess of 1000 database tables) or of database size (i.e., in excess of 3GB total MySQL/PostgreSQL usage or 2GB MySQL/PostgreSQL usage in a single database) negatively affect the performance of the server. Bluehost may request that the number of files/inodes, database tables, or total database usage be reduced to ensure proper performance or may terminate the Subscriber's account, with or without notice.

They did not do it themselves, they asked me to do it, so I did. 

You mentioned that some code is missing. Is there anything I can add to fix this?

Thank you again.