Product Save Slow 1.6.0.14

As the title says when adding or editing Products in BO the SAVE time is horrible, 45 sec in my 1.6.0.6 site it takes 7 sec and I can go to next tab.

I have read that this has been an issue since 1.6.0.11 but have yet to see a fix or even a hack for this issue.

Is anyone else having this issue is there a fix or hack.

Since there seems to be no fix for this I have installed a fresh copy of 1.6.0.6 to test and in this fresh install after save it only takes 4-5 sec to load page, so I guess I will just stay with 1.6.0.6 and do a fresh copy there.

Prestashop seems to be Fugging up with these latest releases, for instance in the CSS folder there are all these css maps I have read that these are developer files and are not needed.

The question is why are they there and are they creating an issue, I just checked on the hub and the master repo has them in there as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on this subjest.

Howdy, 1.6 while great leap forward 1606 was pretty early in cycle. :)

I've seen different approached, first enable ps development to get timings...this is always good first step to take when 'slow issue'.  Finding where/what it's doing would be valuable info.

also have you tried disabling mod_security from back office-->seo & urls?  This helped some people but I have also found that some servers will no honor the disable of mod_security via .htaccess.

have you tried/considered 16014?  I hear rumor 1.6.1 is due soon. 

Thanks also for all your community support.

I'm having the save problem with v1.6.0.9.

Sometimes it times out at 300s.

Is there a way to enable the debug when saving a product to check where is it taking too long?

If i reload th product, sometimes it saves everything, even after the timeout. Sometimes it doesn't.

edit:

Just noticed that sometimes it's faster than others. In a matter of minutes, can go from saving fast or slow to the other way around.
Don't know if it has anything to do with mysql table lock, or other setting.

Edited by sadlyblue (see edit history)

oops sorry tdlr...(oldest poster on the forum)...it's obvious to me now looking at subject that 16014 was release target. doh!

did you try with mod_security disabled and run prestashop profiling to see where it's getting stuck?

I've got loads of  16014's running either as subdomains or that we have upgraded without issue so this makes me think there is something going on at server or 3rd party module side.  el

Well I tried a fresh install did nothing but remove demo products, customers and orders added a category ten a product, product save is slow.

When I say product save is slow what is happening is after you save and stay when the page loads the save & save and stay buttons spin for another 30 sec.

While the buttons are spinning you can do nothing else on the page.

I turned on debug and nothing shows with this kind of load time.

• 5 months later...