H1, H2 headers

bandini

I'm trying to optimise my Prestashop store for SEO, but I don't know how to best structure html headers. What should H1 and H2 tags ideally be in the home page? And in the categories and product pages? I was thking cateogories as H2 in the home page, but what should H1 be? And then category name as H1 in the category page and product titles as H2, and category as H1 and product name as H2 in the product pages... how are you guys doing it? Thank you for the input.

I'd say on Homepage the H1 should be the Number 1 keyword you are targeting for your website. (For example 'Buy shoes online')

On category pages, the title of the category, which is the keyword you are targeting for that page, should be H1. (For example: 'Men's shoes')

H2 is not really necessary, but you can use it. But the main thing to remember is that you shouldn't compete with the same keywords on different pages.

Homepage is 'Shoes', category page is 'Men's shoes' and subcategory would be 'Men's sneakers', sticking with the example.