Prestashop search API only returning 10 results?

Zocheyado

So I am using Prestashop search in the API, which requires two inputs, query and language. I am inputting https://www.mysite.com/api/search/?query=handbag&language=1 and it works and returns a list of product and category ID's. Problem is that it only ever sends back 10 or less results. If I do something obscure I get 1-2 results but if I do something more generic that there should be hundreds of results for I only ever get 10. I also tried doing an &offset, &skip and &limit request like most API services use but to no avail.

How can I get more then 10 results back at once and or how can I skip the first 10 so that if I want 20 I can call it twice once with an offset.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I am using Prestashop search in the API, which requires two inputs, query and language. I am inputting https://www.mysite.com/api/search/?query=handbag&language=1 and it works and returns a list of product and category ID's. Problem is that it only ever sends back 10 or less results. If I do something obscure I get 1-2 results but if I do something more generic that there should be hundreds of results for I only ever get 10. I also tried doing an &offset, &skip and &limit request like most API services use but to no avail.

How can I get more then 10 results back at once and or how can I skip the first 10 so that if I want 20 I can call it twice once with an offset.

This was asked in May and still no replies. I want to know the answer to this as well. Prestashop's documentation on its web service it really poor

I asked the same question at StackOverflow.com

I didn't get any replies there either. Instead, I posted my own answer. Here it is:

After much wall smashing, I've found a work around. So, the problem is in this file located at /classes/webservice,

WebserviceSpecificManagementSearch.php

Around line 87, you'll find

$results = Search::find($this->wsObject->urlFragments['language'], $this->wsObject->urlFragments['query'], 1,1, 'position', 'desc', true, false);

This the last but second argument tells the Search function that it's an ajax search. MAKING IT FALSE WILL NOT WORK.

Instead, you need to go to /classes/Search.php and find the function "find". Starting at around line 278, you'll find this:

if ($ajax)
{
$sql = 'SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname,
cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrite prewrite '.$score.'
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'product p
INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (
p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product`
AND pl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('pl').'
)
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product', 'p').'
INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl ON (
product_shop.`id_category_default` = cl.`id_category`
AND cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl').'
)
WHERE p.`id_product` '.$product_pool.'
ORDER BY position DESC LIMIT 10');
return $db->executeS($sql);
}

As you can see, the results are limited by 10. So you need a way to tell the function that it's being called by the WebService. So what I did was this. It's pretty simple. Instead of

ORDER BY position DESC LIMIT 10'

use:

ORDER BY position DESC LIMIT '.(($isWS)? '10000': '10')

The variable $isWS is type Boolean. So you'll have to change the find function's declaration to this:

public static function find($id_lang, $expr, $page_number = 1, $page_size = 1, $order_by = 'position',
$order_way = 'desc', $ajax = false, $use_cookie = true, Context $context = null, $isWS = false)

Once you've done this, you can now pass in the value for $isWS from WebserviceSpecificManagementSearch. So change it to this at line 87:

$results = Search::find($this->wsObject->urlFragments['language'], $this->wsObject->urlFragments['query'], 1,1, 'position', 'asc', true, false, null, true);

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

I REQUEST THE PRESTASHOP DEVELOPERS TO FIX THIS

• Like 1