SOLVED: How to remove the head phone?

MargaritaS

Do you know how I can eliminat in PS 1.6.0.13 Header phone?

in:

/themes/default-bootstrap/modules/blockcontact/nav.tpl

At the end appear this lines:

{if $telnumber} <span class="shop-phone"> <i class="icon-phone"></i>{l s='Call us now:' mod='blockcontact'} <strong>{$telnumber}</strong> </span> {/if}

And I changed it for that:

{* {if $telnumber} <span class="shop-phone"> <i class="icon-phone"></i>{l s='Call us now:' mod='blockcontact'} <strong>{$telnumber}</strong> </span> {/if} *}

But still appears the head phone

I tried removing the lines and also apperas the header phone.

What can I do?

Edited by MargaritaS (see edit history)

Hi, the right way to comment a line is /*  content to comment */ or in html <!-- contente to comment -->.

However, go to Modules -> Block contact and configure. Delete the number here and save.

That means that the HTML will still be output to the browser, beit as a comment. The way that MargaritaS is doing it will block smarty from even rendering the code (saves processing time as well....)!

Try to clear your cache after comment or delete line.

Back office -> Advanced parameters -> Performance -> Clear cache (right top corner)

That's the way - my bad!

Try to clear your cache after comment or delete line.

Back office -> Advanced parameters -> Performance -> Clear cache (right top corner)

I do it. bit still appears the line :(

Try emptying out your cache (Back office -> advanced parameters -> set cache off + compile and turn it back on.).

I do it, but still appears the line

Hi, the right way to comment a line is /*  content to comment */ or in html <!-- contente to comment -->.

However, go to Modules -> Block contact and configure. Delete the number here and save.

I do it, but still appears it

Perhaps this is loaded somewhere else. Is this (perhaps) a custom module that overwrites the top nav module? Go to /modules/blockcontact and search for .tpl files there. It might be in a different .tpl (not overwritten by your theme).

IF you find a different .tpl there, copy it to the /default-theme/modules/blockcontact and make the changes (so you leave the core files alone).

Good luck!

Perhaps this is loaded somewhere else. Is this (perhaps) a custom module that overwrites the top nav module? Go to /modules/blockcontact and search for .tpl files there. It might be in a different .tpl (not overwritten by your theme).

IF you find a different .tpl there, copy it to the /default-theme/modules/blockcontact and make the changes (so you leave the core files alone).

Good luck!

I seethat if I disable the contact block in modules-> block of contact -> disable

The line disappear but also disappear the contact form of the top.