PrestaShop cloud confusions

johnwolf

Question

I have recently started my store in Cloud and I have some question about it..

1. How can I upload hundreds of product images to Prestashop Cloud using CSV? The FTP address & username provided for me has limited access only to certain folders. None of which is accessible through back-office.
  2. How much capacity PrestaShop cloud is offering?
  3. What about SSL security of cloud, is it works specially on checkout page?

6 answers to this question

Not possible via FTP, only via csv or manually by adding each one to the resp. product. If you have the pictures on the net and the server has allow_fUrl_open set to ON you can load them via csv by adding the static link to the image on product.

Yes it is right you have a restricted access on Prestashop Cloud. This hosting package is intended to users without no knowledge in php, ftp, coding, etc. Activate account, add your products on back office and use it OUT OF THE BOX THE SOFTWARE without any coding alterations (only possible for modules and theme). The other restriction is: you cannot install addons/modules/themes which are not available on the paid addons on Prestashop. Free modules/themes you cannot instal

SSL not yet available.

No capacity restriction (at the moment)

SSL is at least necessary for the stores because how a PrestaShop cloud user(merchant) can satisfy his customers that their credit card details will be safe at checkout page...If it is not available then what is the solution to make safe checkout???

See other SSL topic here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/399569-how-does-ssl-work-with-cloud/ especially topic #13

Prestashop is intended for users without knowledge in php, sql, css, etc. and for an use out of the box. Free hosting, paid extras, this is how this project is financed. Prestashop, as well as all other open source projects, finance by itself only by selling extra features. Most"normal" users don't use SSL on their sites. So it is an extra  - not implemented on Cloud, not yet and from what I fear not as non paid services in future...