One product, multiple options, one global stock entry

I know this wasn’t possible in PS1.4 but am hoping it has changed. In PS 1.6 my product is tickets which have different age ranges:

Infant 0-2

Child 2-5

Child 5-9

Child 9+

I don’t know in advance how many of each range I would need want to be able to set one global quantity.

I will have 100 tickets in total and are all the same price but because children in different ranges get a different kind of present I need to know when placing the order what age they are. I currently have a space where purchasers manually type in the age but relying on this is not foolproof, as I have found in the past.

I would then need to just run a report, which will give me the totals of each age range. This would have to be generated too although that hasn't been figured out. 

I hope someone has encountered this?

As far as I understand, there is no way to have a global stock level like this.

Anyway, back to your main concerns.

- Actually you only have ONE KIND OF PRODUCT. only 1 product without any variants. I mean, all the products (100 tickets) share the same attributes / features. 

But when you sell the ticket, you want to have a report / stats about age ranges.

Is that true?

So, why don't you use product customization?

Read more at: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Products#ManagingProducts-ManagingCustomization

By the way, are you selling the tickets online or offline (using a Point of sale software for example).

Yes one product with multiple variations but if i add in various combinations/attributes I always have to give a stock quantity for each which I cannot do as i dont know in advance how many of each will be needed - i need them all to come out of the main 100.

Tickets sold online.

Yes I have looked at customisation but cannot see how this works; if I have four customised lines with different age ranges I cannot specify in the front end how many of each as they dont come out of stock if i put a number in.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a similar issue where I need there to be one product, multiple options and one global stock entry, however, in my case the options do need to have an impact on price.

The shop sells goods with the option of having one of a set of messages embossed on the product. For example, the customer can choose a pre-existing message for an extra £1.00 or a unique message for an extra £2.00.

I've tried the above options(customisation & Combinations) and found that using Customisation is fine for stock but does not add the price. Whereas using Product Combinations, does add the price but introduces problems with stock because we have no way of knowing what message people want embossing on their product in advance.

An Ideal solution on these product would be to somehow switch off stock entries for the product combinations so they just use the one global stock entry. Or somehow to add prices to the customisations, but I struggling to figure out how.

I'm hoping someone has come across this and can help?

• Confused 1