Currency problems

Ravenater

Question

Hi all, not sure if this is where i'm supposed to be asking this but.....

My items are listed in US dollars.  If I pay with US dollars then everything is fine, but if I pay in Canadian funds I am getting an error message.  I'm sure this is due to the amounts being rounded after the conversion from US to CDN because in the error message it is saying item total is invalid.

This is the message I'm getting, ONLY when I pay with a different currency then my store is set for:

Short Error Message: Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
Detailed Error Message: Item total is invalid.
Error Code: 10426
Please contact our Customer service and mention this error code to get this issue resolved.

Does this mean that I can only sell to the USA or customers that pay in US Funds???  How do I fix this?

Edited by Ravenater (see edit history)

12 answers to this question

Try a test order, you will see that you have paypal installed in double. I can choose between two versions. You should deinstall both modules and at least try to not configure paypal express for test purposes. If with normal paypal account it works, so something wrong with express (i.e configuration of your paypal account - in most cases!)

For me it was possible to checkout with all tree versions of paypal you have installed. Payment I broke up, so I didn't generated a cart and also not a valid payment through Paypal. If problem persists, you should revise your paypal account settings. Checkout process going out from Prestashop to Paypal Api is working correct.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

ok I took the express checkout off. 

Now i am getting this error:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com

I've checked the API settings in the module and they're all right.  Is there another place to update the email address?

ok I took the express checkout off. 

Now i am getting this error:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com

I've checked the API settings in the module and they're all right.  Is there another place to update the email address?

You paid ? I don't have any error till last step. Tried with CAD and also GBP carts. You should revert to paypal customer services. It's not a Prestashop problem, since the cart is given to Paypal Api correct.

No I didn't pay.  I get the error as soon as I hit the PayPal button, it doesn't even give me the chance to log into paypal to attempt to pay.

But in anycase, if it is not a Prestashop error then I will have to contact paypal.  Unfortunately they are not very helpful...

I didn't get any error. I was forwarded directly to the paypal payment site, logged in into my account there, but didn't paid (last step).

Do you have any firewall on your local machine blocking HTTP protocol ? Try to delete your browser cache and disable your firewall.