Thanks, I need your opinions, advices and criticisms ! (adaguen.com)

S-HAMMANI

Thank you in advance of the time you will have taken to have a look at the second version of my first site PrestaShop v-1.6.14, I took some time to adapt rtl Version (Arabic).

I need your opinions, advices and criticisms which will be considered.

Site: http://adaguen.com/en

Regards Said HAMMANI.

Edited by S-HAMMANI (see edit history)

All right. I've ran some of my basic tests that I do in my daily job, and here are the first results:

Please note that this might all sound like hard critiques, but I mean well and really want to help you ;-)

General opinion:

-Your shop is very very crowded. I see a lot of the same color making it hard for me to distinguish the different elements. Try to set out content sections on your page and distinguish them with white blocks.

- When I open your homepage I see a "cookie"-bar in the top. The cookiebar contains white/gray text and it is barely readable.  

- Your homepage fills up my screen (1920x1080) height 75% with an image that I cannot click. This big image adds no function other than to contain some text. For usability this is a problem, because it serves no purpose. I would at least expect one or two buttons to "read more" or "view products". Also, I would suggest not letting this image take more than 25% on any given screen. I'm not sure about your target audience, but the average visitor is still on 1280x1024 or 1386x768. This means that they need to scroll endlessly before they see the content.

- when you scroll down on the homepage, the cookiebar hovers over the top menu making it impossible to login, or change language without accepting the cookies- see this link for what I mean.

- Your category menu changes from sticky bottom to sticky header when you scroll down. It is strongly advised to keep primary navigation elements in the same place for users to recognize it (it is their main way of navigating your site).

- When you hover over products, some animation plays, and text is shown. I advise to remove this animation, as you want people to focus on your product, and not all the animations. Please note: visitors on phones and/or tablets will NEVER be able to see the hover - text, meaning you will be giving them less information using animations. I suggest to move the description of these products below the title, and remove the animation completely.

- The white texts everywhere with a greenish backgrounds look a bit off due to shadow and/or glow. I would suggest to make the contrast bigger, so that it will be easier to read on higher resolution screens.

- You are using a lot of images with text (arabic) inside. Google can't "read" images, so it would be a lot better if you remove that text from there, and place it on the actual website for indexing by the search spiders.

- I would advise to make better use of colour. Add some whitespace (not so much as the prestashop forums here, but you get the point) and make the content blocks stand out by using colours in headers, subtle backgrounds. Your page is like a bubblegum-machine now with allthe colours, it's hard to know where you want me to focus. Other visitors will have the same.

• Like 1