komary_belz

Hi, I am very new to Presta Shop, the question is maybe silly, sorry for that...The is a grammar mistake on the to of my shop which says Hi Quest and I want to change it for Hi Guest. This is next to login box. Please, help me with this. 

Hi Komary,

welcome to the forum!

Normally, you can translate words/sentences in PrestaShop using the back office:

Localization->Translations.

Then we have to find out which part of PrestaShop the words are added. I expect this to be the module 'blockuserinfo', so let's try to go to:

Choose "Installed Modules translation" from the drop down menu

Choose your theme

Choose your language you want to modify. If you want to fix/change English, just choose English

Then locate on the page the blockuserinfo translation block (You can use Ctrl-F (Win)/Cmd-F (Mac) to find 'blockuserinfo' on the page)

post-455771-0-19986800-1431270107_thumb.png

There you will see all sentences that are used by tis module. One of them is Welcome. I expect that your language file has changed this into 'Hi Quest' or so on the right. If so, then just fix the Q here.

If not, try to find 'quest' on the page (ctrl-F/Cmd-F again) and see if it was defined in another module.

If not, we have to try and find the text in one of the other translation parts. We have to go back to the localization->Translations page, and choose maybe 'Front Office translations' or if not here, any other translation and try to locate the quest here.

What PrestaShop version do you use? What language you use?

I hope this helps,

pascal.

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)