Addons Automatically Refund

ilmtech

Hi,

I'm selling my extension in prestashop marketplace for past 1 year. Currently I facing a new problem my module which was sold in prestashop marketplace is automatically refund without my knowledge.

Order IDs : #306072 and #311510

Note: there is no conversation between these two order. There is no response from the addons team

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just checked and these two order have indeed been canceled. There was an error with the payment, which initially went through but was canceled. This happens from time to time (not more than a couple of times a month, when tens of thousands of payments go through normally every week). Stats show that it's highly unlikely that a client experiences the same payment error with you again :)

I'm sorry anyway, thank you for your understanding.

There is no response from the addons team

For any request to the Addons team, contributors can email us through the contact form on addons.prestashop.com by selecting "I'm a contributor and I have a question". All requests sent via this form get a reply :)

But my question is, did the customer download the module?  If they did, then I'm not sure it matters why the bank took the money back, Addons should be working with the bank to understand why, and show evidence that the product was received by this customer

At the end of the day, the module author is short money and their module is out there, with no fault of their own, and no recourse that they can take.  They should be provided their share of the sale regardless if the bank took the money or not.  As the marketplace provider, that is the risk you should be taking and not passing it on to the module author.