Selling repair service related to a product!

Helo everyone!
I'm a Prestashop Newbie so i ask for your help!

i did some searches but i didn't found a solution

i'm creating a mobile phone repair Site, in my site i want to sell spare parts like displays etc..

and make another category called "repair service"

in the repair service i want to sell a service like a display replacement, so i want to merge the quantity of that display i have in stock, with the quantity of the service..

an example:

- in the Spare parts section i sell the "iphone 6 black display" and i have 10units in stock

- in the Repair Service section i want to sell the service "replace iphone 6 black display"  (with the same quantity of the spare parts in stock, with the price calculating the cost of the object + the cost of that service)

is it possible or there's a module that i can edit?

thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

I don't think this is a combinations situation. If I am understanding him correctly what he wants to do is have two products but he wants to sync their stock levels.

I think the way to do this would be with webservice -- have a script that runs on a trigger the fetches the stock level for both products and compares them. If they are different then it set the stock level of the product with the higher stock level to the lower stock level.

You can use "COMBINATIONS" as I've done for a client of mine. 

Is it a integrated function or is it a external module?

I don't think this is a combinations situation. If I am understanding him correctly what he wants to do is have two products but he wants to sync their stock levels.

I think the way to do this would be with webservice -- have a script that runs on a trigger the fetches the stock level for both products and compares them. If they are different then it set the stock level of the product with the higher stock level to the lower stock level.

it's correct, 2 products with a unique stock level..

so there are no modules/options wich can do that?

I have never seen any module that does that although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist -- I don't use inventory management so I would not have been paying attention.

There are two ways to do what you want

1) Webservice

2) Packs

Webservice I described in my last post but it occurred to me after that you could also do this with packs. Create a product for the physical screen and a product for the repair service. Use the built in packs feature to create a new product pack that contains both. This way if you sell the physical screen product or if you sell the the physical screen + repair pack in both cases the physical screen inventory is updated.

The problem with using the Packs method is that there will also be a third item - repair service without screen. I don't know if you can make a pack without having both the products you'd be combining available.

If you were forced to have screen repair available without the physical screen the solution would be to associate it with a category that people can't get to. They could still find it with search but not by just moving around the site.

This would be much easier than webservice but less neat.

Hello there,

3 points I would like to jump in and dicuss:

1. You are syncing stock of 2 products, so why don't you combine into 1 product only?

If I were you, I would change the product description to say that:

- The price already includes repair service.

2. In another approach, yes, I think combination can solve the problem. In which, this product only has 1 combination and of course, as there is only 1, it will be selected by default. And your customers have no way to change / remove it. 

To understand about combination, you will need to know how attributes work.

Read more at:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Product+Attributes

3. Just in case you will want to go with 2 products, this module can help.

Multi Accesssories Pro.

Cheers,

Tung

can you explain me how?

i did a test but i got no objects in stock!

You would create an attribute that had two options -- buy screen + have screen repaired. Use that to create a combination with two options. PrestaShop out of the box will try to keep separate inventory for each combination but there are plenty of modules to merge that into a single inventory for all combinations.

The disadvantage of using the combinations method is that you only have one product -- this could be a hindrance in proper marketing of your store as you'd want to funnel people looking for a screen to one page and people looking for a repair to another but this really assumes that you care about that. If you don't then it is the simplest solution.

I think the webservice solution is the hardest for someone without experience to do but that it is probably what you were originally looking for.

The Packs solution I don't even know if it works as I don't use inventory on any story so am uncertain of how Presta handles inventories for packs -- I assume it reduces the inventory for the individual items in the pack rather than maintain a separate inventory for packs themselves but that is just an assumption based on how I would have made it work -- I don't know if that is actually how it works 

• 3 weeks later...

i did some test, as you told me, and this is the result using multi accessories pro:

http://demo.prestashopextensions.com/multi-accessories-pro/16x/it/home/31-iphone-4s.html

i can use it for adding the display as accessory so i have 1 telephone with the spare parts as accessories, but i can't increase the price for the service... and it's necessary make the "phone buyable" for selling the services with it! so i can't use this system

if i add only 1 service it will be not selected by default, so the user can by only the service without the spare part!

i also tryed to use combined objects in default prestashop but the result will be very confusing!

the only thing i want to do is:

use the same stock quantity for 2 products in my shop!

there isn't a script wich can merge 2 products stock number in prestashop?

Yes,

i have the spare parts selling in DropShipping..

Example:
i have in my shop:
Iphone display (A1)
iphone Battery (A2)
iphone backcover (A3)

and the repair service for the iphone with the various options:
Replace display (A1 Stock) + repair cost
Replace Battery (B2 Stock) + repair cost
Replace Backcover (B3 Stock) + repair cost

is it clear?

Hello, 

As one of your customers, if I buy service from you, I always have to 2 services together:

OR Replace display (A1 Stock) + repair cost
OR Replace Battery (B2 Stock) + repair cost
OR Replace Backcover (B3 Stock) + repair cost

Is that true?

Sorry, but I'm still not quite sure how your business works.

Tung

as customer, you can buy the single spare part and repare it yourself,
OR buy the display replacement service (wich includes the display)
and you can add other service like another repair service

this is how it should work

So, actually, there is a couple of "products" like this:

- A1: the display

- A2: repair cost

1. As a customer, I can choose to buy only A1 or A1+A2 together. Is that true?

If so, I don't see any point to force stock of A1 and A2 synced with each other. 

2. As A2 is not an actual product, is that an optional option of A1. Therefore, using combinations appears to be the best approach for me.

3. Or if you are considering A2 as an accessory (additional product), that's very fine for you to use our Multi Accessories Pro which you already purchased. 

Hope that helps!

Tung

• 5 years later...