An error occurred while creating an object. product

Hi Everyone.

Im totally new to prestashop. Im using prestashop 1.6.0.14

I cant seem to add a product, each time i try i get this message "An error occurred while creating an object.product

I wanted to change to look of my shop, so i bought a template through the add on market place. I installed the demo site files as i wanted it to look exactly the same as the template did.

But i just cant seem to add any products, can someone pleaseeeeeee help...i noticed at the bottom of the page it said some files were missing, is this the problem? (please see attached screen shot)

post-1002993-0-30335000-1430826358_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.. Nemo1, you are master dude.. Im having similar issue.. can you translate this?

Ihopefully you can help me..Regards

Unknown column 'last_connection_date' in 'where clause'

UPDATE `ps_employee`
            SET `last_connection_date` = CURRENT_DATE()
            WHERE `id_employee` = 0 AND `last_connection_date`< CURRENT_DATE()

at line 646 in file classes/db/Db.php

641.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
642.         }
643.         elseif (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
644.         {
645.             if ($sql)
646.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
647.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
648.         }
649.     }
651.     /**

• 1 year later...

I am encountering the same issue. I have succesfully been uploading products up til 157 items. Within this period i have been making necessary setups at the back-end to suit the condition of my website. I am new to prestashop. recently i tried to continue uploading more products but i started getting error (An error occurred while creating an object. product). I practically do not know what to do because i have not even done any backup to restore to an earlier stage. I need this error cleared so that i can continue uploading more products.

I guess there's an error in the SQL query when creating the product. Try editing config/defines.inc.php and changing the value of _PS_DEV_MODE_ from false to true and hopefully you'll see the whole SQL query and error message that we can use to debug.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...