Layered Navigation Block - Root category must be an integer value?

I have re-uploaded my data for website in a new format ( a format that actually uses less categories, it was very huge before) and has about 4,000 categories.

First I was having errors with max_input_vars being locked to 1000, but I got that handled now.

Now I am getting new errors when creating the filters templates...

Attempt 1: Since I did not have a limit to max_input_vars, I just attempted to use "Check All" to check every category at once. I hit save, and everything looks okay. But when trying to view products on the front page, no filters show up at all.

I checked the error log of my server for details and found this:

[Mon May 04 08:37:06.010512 2015] [fcgid:warn] [pid 2436] [client 76.175.201.208:64055] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/zamozuan/public_html/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php on line 3373, referer: https://zamozuan.com/admin/index.php?controller=AdminModules&token=x&configure=blocklayered&tab_module=front_office_features&module_name=blocklayered&add_new_filters_template=1

I have no idea how to work-around that error, so I came up with another idea...

Attempt 2: I figured since every product at once was getting an error, why not just make multiple template files? So I got started on multiple template files. Everything seems to be working fine. But once I get to ~2000 or so, when I actually hit the "save" button on template creation, I get the following error: 

[PrestaShopException]

Root category must be an integer value
at line 125 in file classes/helper/HelperTreeCategories.php

120.     }
122.     public function setRootCategory($value)
123.     {
124.         if (!Validate::isInt($value))
125.             throw new PrestaShopException('Root category must be an integer value');
127.         $this->_root_category = $value;
128.         return $this;
129.     }

I found that really, really weird. How could it not have a root value all of a sudden?

I thought maybe it is related to a specific product that may have been missing some values, but I found that all products seem to work, it's once I get over a certain number of products I get this error.

I have it at a point where if I add 5 more products (any products) I get the above error. 

BUT

If I simply delete the template that I added 5 more products, the error goes away, and everything seems to be working properly???

So I have no idea how this could be an error of the product losing its root? It must have a root, but for some reason going over X amount of products makes it produce this error?

Very upset and frustrated, it seems like Prestashop is made very poorly. Error after error, without any documentation for these errors, I am beginning to regret choosing this platform...

I hope somebody can help...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I am also having the issue. I attempted to delete all the categories from the tables. Somehow it still remembers the next number for the ID. I don't understand where it is storing this. I thought if I manually deleted every row in the table except for 1 then it would be the root. However that is not true. I have been working on this for 3 Days. Makes no sense. 

Also I tried Prestashop cleaner module and deleted everything, still it populates the category with the next Id number as if nothing was deleted. Someone know anything about this?

• Like 1