Prestashop support for Product Engraving Service

Hi,

I am running Prestashop for my jewellery website.

Some products on the site can be engraved, The customer can pay extra for this service and must specify the text.

Does Prestashop offer any support for implementing this feature?

I need an attribute with a text field?

Or could I add the engraving service as another product, and associate with supporting products somehow?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi

In PS 1.5 & 1.6 select a product in the backoffice then select the "Customization" tab within the product. Here, you can add extra fields to the product, which are accessible by the customer on the product page. So for your needs, you could create a text field that the customer can fill in with the required text for engraving.

• 5 years later...

We have done this option.. However the challenge is the customization tab does not use condition logic, so customer can select option for engraving, forget to enter the engraving information and still check out. 

In other words, PS allows for user to checkout without ever entering the engraving information.

Here is example of a product with engraving option and no condition logic to prevent user from forgetting to enter the engraving information: https://notredamefinejewelry.com/rings/23-dangle-ring-with-leprechaun-nd-logo-charm.html

11 hours ago, thx2012 said:

Here is example of a product with engraving option and no condition logic to prevent user from forgetting to enter the engraving informatio

Did you set the required flag on the customizing option? If active you should not be able to add it to cart without

grafik.thumb.png.f659073db7554410166fe122b97e746f.png

You can either ask the customer to enter "None" or you create a script that checks the variant with customization combination (e.g. make the field "required" if Yes is choosen or choose Yes if customization is entered)