How to clear Smarty cache just for specific template (module). 1.6

My site runs automatic daily cron tasks that activate/deactivate some product values, as "On sale", directly on the database tables. I've noticed that some modules, for example homefeatured or new products in home page don't reflect those changes if I don't clear the cache.

I know I can clear the cache manually from Backoffice (not a practical solution), or as some topics show, I can resolve it with a cron task using:

Tools::clearSmartyCache();

That works fine when you need to clear the whole site cache, but as I only need to clear the cache for those 2 specific templates: Home featured & Home new products, clearing all the cache seems unnecesary.

How can I use the Tools::clearSmartyCache(); to clear just some specific templates? I can't find any documentation regarding this.

Based on an older topic I've tried:

// clear only cache for index.tpl
$smarty->clear_cache('homefeatured.tpl');  --> Does nothing on my Prestashop 1.6.0.9

&

Tools::clearSmartyCache('homefeatured.tpl'); ---> Clears all the cache not just the template.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I've checked the  _clearCache method on Module.php

/*************/

protected function _clearCache($template, $cache_id = null, $compile_id = null)
    {
        Tools::enableCache();
        if ($cache_id === null)
            $cache_id = $this->name;
        $number_of_template_cleared = Tools::clearCache(Context::getContext()->smarty, $this->getTemplatePath($template), $cache_id, $compile_id);
        Tools::restoreCacheSettings();

return $number_of_template_cleared;
    }

/*************/

But I can no imagine how to translate this to a php cron task. I was expecting something more simple like the way with: Tools::clearSmartyCache();

Thanks for your recommendation.

Based on Krystian's suggestion, finally I've managed to create this script as a cron task in my root folder:

////////////////////////////////

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

if (!Tools::enableCache())
    echo "enable Cache failed"; // To control if ends ok

if (!Tools::clearCache(Context::getContext()->smarty, getTemplatePath('blocknewproducts_home.tpl'), null, null))
    echo "clearCache failed"; // To control if ends ok

if (!Tools::restoreCacheSettings())   
    echo "restoreCache failed"; // To control if ends ok
//////////////////////

When executed no changes are made to the blocknewproducts_home results and I receive the: "enableCache failed" custom control warning message.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks

• 3 years later...