Paypal IPN Invalid

edoluz

Hello.

In the last weeks we're receiving from Paypal several emails in which they say:

"The IPN sent to the following address are invalid:

http://www.trophyhunt.it/shop/modules/paypal/validation.php"

I wrote to Paypal and they say briefly that this is a waring Paypal sends everytime the server is unable to communicate with IPN url.

We receive the payments (but we are not sure we that we receive all the paymements due this warning).

What do you think about?

We're on PS 1.5.6.2 with the last version of the Paypal module 3.8.2 (Paypal Pro).

Thank you.

Edo

Hello.

After few minutes I wrote the message I went to the modules section of Prestashop and found an update of the Paypal module.

Now the last version is 3.8.3: do you know if it's a fix to this problem?

I updated the module to the last version, hoping it resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Now the last version is 3.8.3: do you know if it's a fix to this problem?

Not likely. 

Why do you have this IPN URL when you are using Paypal Europe module?

http://www.trophyhunt.it/shop/modules/paypal/validation.php

This module does not use IPNs (hasn't for about 3 years now, since module v3.4).  You can actually open the URL in a browser and, you will see it returns a 404 page not found error.

So the real question is... have you manually added this IPN URL in your paypal profile?  If so, then delete it as it is not valid.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't need to hard code an IPN URL in your paypal profile.  The module does in fact use IPN ( i was wrong about that earlier), but the module instructs Paypal where to send the IPN, so there is no need to manually configure it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Hi,

I contacted paypal for upgrades that will shortly also make updates regarding IPN I have also informed about this, I was told that IPN disabled on the bill but that orders may not arrive or do not arrive correctly in the back office? But until now, one year it all works, so you say you will not have to activate IPN? For the latest version I will have to activate IPN?