migrating the products and IMAGES from self hosted to CLOUD

puromtb

Question

i know there are other topics but none of them talked about how to migrated images 

i accessed the ftp on the cloud and i only see THEMES and MODULES folders

img folder to upload IMAGES from is not accesible throught the FTP provided so how i can do?

do i have to do it manually for 1000 products?

2 answers to this question

As Prestashop Cloud has a restricted FTP access, the only way to add the pictures is by importing it with a csv. Be in mind, that PS Cloud is a free hosting service. You don't have the flexibility as you have by own hosted packages.

Other thing is. If you have installed own extra modules on your self hosted package, which are not bought at the add-ons, you will not able to use them on PS cloud. Another problem is SSL, no possibility for SSL and also no free possibility to migrate your shop again to a hosting package, due to the restricted access. You don't have access to your database and also not to full FTP.

Import pictures: prepare a csv with your product ID's and import this file on your back-office tab "advanced parameters -> csv import". You need the product name, product ID and image URL.

If this does not work, the only way is to add all pictures manually to your products/categories/manufacturers again.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

FATE ATTENZIONE CHE con prestashop cloud è inutile acquistare moduli per la migrazione dei prodotti in quanto non permette di caricare le immagini via ftp o csv, questo non viene specificato dal servizio clienti prima dell'acquisto e nemmeno dagli sviluppatori. 

Risultato una giornata persa a tentare di far funzionare l'upload delle immagini, non è un modo corretto di trattare i clienti Prestashop!