MPN and EAN number on ebay

nickfromtq

With the upcoming changes to Ebay in June 2015. 

I need to be able to add MPN and EAN numbers to our products on ebay. 

can the  MPN use PS reference field from prestashop

and can the  EAN using PS EAN-13 field in prestashop

also it would be usful if the Brand could use the PS manufacturer field, 

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have to implement  these calls into ebayRequest.php

EAN (European Article Number) is a unique 8 or 13 digit identifier that many industries (such as book publishers) use to identify products. This value is used to match the product with a product in the eBay catalog and to pick up that product's item title, item description, item specifics, and stock photos.

If the primary and secondary categories are both catalog-enabled, this ID should correspond to the primary category (not the secondary category). In some categories, eBay may also copy the EAN to the listing's item specifics.

The EAN of a product may be required for some categories, and not applicable to others. To see if the intended listing category supports or requires an EAN, use the GetCategoryFeatures call, passing in the category's ID in the CategoryID field, including the DetailLevel field in the request and setting it to 'ReturnAll', and including a FeatureID field in the request and setting it to 'EANEnabled'. Upon a successful call, look in the call response for the value in the Category.EANEnabled field (either 'Enabled', 'Disabled', or 'Required').

Note: If creating a multiple-variation listing, the EAN of each product variation should be specified in the VariationProductListingDetails container instead.

Note: If the listing is being posted to a category that expects an EAN value, but one doesn't exist for the product, the seller must pass in the text that can be found in the ProductDetails.ProductIdentifierUnavailableText field of the GeteBayDetails response. To get the ProductDetails container to return in the GeteBayDetails response, 'ProductDetails' should be included as a DetailName value in the call request.

---> From ebay API Documentation....

Unfortunately i'm not seriously into php, so it will be a huge trial-and-error thing. Maybe somebody is more gifted than me..

Sooo, found a solution:

Need to parse EAN into Ebay api, so add

<ProductListingDetails>
        <EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
    </ProductListingDetails>

into modules/ebay/ebay/api/AddFixedPriceItem.tpl

and into ReviseFixedPriceItem.tpl

just above the </item> tag

i also changed the ps_product EAN13 Field from VarChar to text, because ebay api expects a string variable...

also add

'ean13'=> $data['ean13'],

in /ebay/classes/ebayrequest.php line 494

public function addFixedPriceItemMultiSku($data = array())
    {
        // Check data
        if (!$data)
            return false;

$currency = new Currency($this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_CURRENCY'));

// Build the request Xml string
        $vars = array(
            'country' => Tools::strtoupper($this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_SHOP_COUNTRY')),
            'country_currency' => $currency->iso_code,
            'description' => $data['description'],
            'condition_id' => $data['condition'],
            'dispatch_time_max' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_DELIVERY_TIME'),
            'listing_duration' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_LISTING_DURATION'),
            'pay_pal_email_address' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_PAYPAL_EMAIL'),
            'postal_code' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_SHOP_POSTALCODE'),
            'category_id' => $data['categoryId'],
            'title' => Tools::substr(self::prepareTitle($data), 0, 80),
            'pictures' => isset($data['pictures']) ? $data['pictures'] : array(),
            'return_policy' => $this->_getReturnPolicy(),
            'price_update' => !isset($data['noPriceUpdate']),
            'variations' => $this->_getVariations($data),
            'shipping_details' => $this->_getShippingDetails($data),
            'buyer_requirements_details' => $this->_getBuyerRequirementDetails($data),
            'site' => $this->ebay_country->getSiteName(),
            'item_specifics' => $data['item_specifics'],
            'autopay' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_IMMEDIATE_PAYMENT')          

in ebaysynchronizer.php line 104

// Generate array and try insert in database
            $data = array(
                    'price' => $price,
                    'ean13' => (string)$ean13,
                    'quantity' => $quantity_product,
                    'categoryId' => $ebay_category->getIdCategoryRef(),
                    'variations' => $variations,
                    'pictures' => $pictures['general'],

and last but not least....add

/ebay/classes/ebayproduct.php  line 134

line public static function getProductsWithoutBlacklisted($id_lang, $id_ebay_profile)
    {
        return Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('
            SELECT ep.`id_product`, ep.`id_attribute`, ep.`id_product_ref`,
            p.`id_category_default`, p.`reference`, p.`ean13`,

Hope someone can be happy with this... Please backup files before, haven't tested yet much

Edited by Daniel Selzer (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From our side we also can tell that our paid solution support this ebay required.

PrestaBay 2.x and PrestaBay 1.x have feature to include EAN, UPC. ISBN + MPN can be added only with installation additional free module PrestaAttributes https://github.com/involic/PrestaAttributes

In PrestaBay 2.x we will soon add possibility specify Product Identify "Not available". That will help also list items that don't have EAN/UPC/ISBN/MPN but ebay category required it.

Our topic in PrestaShop forum - https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/113270-module-prestabay-prestashop-ebay-integration-ukusitfres-and-other-marketplaces/"

just added some ean13 datas into arrays, i attached some patch files in this mail, also the whole modules folder (http://terrasensis.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded.zip) , installed onto a 1.6.09 Prestashop i am testing some more around, but now EAN ist passed to ebay and ebay likes it! Ebay Germany needs EAN mandatory since 01.07 in some categories, so i had no choice, because our customers were about to get angry... Greets Dani

also see

https://github.com/PrestaShop/ebay/issues/27

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo, found a solution:

Need to parse EAN into Ebay api, so add

<ProductListingDetails>

<EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>

</ProductListingDetails>

just above the </item> tag

i also changed the ps_product EAN13 Field from VarChar to text, because ebay api expects a string variable...

also add

in /ebay/classes/ebayrequest.php line 494

public function addFixedPriceItemMultiSku($data = array())

{

// Check data

if (!$data)

return false;

$currency = new Currency($this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_CURRENCY'));

// Build the request Xml string

$vars = array(

'country' => Tools::strtoupper($this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_SHOP_COUNTRY')),

'country_currency' => $currency->iso_code,

'description' => $data['description'],

'condition_id' => $data['condition'],

'dispatch_time_max' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_DELIVERY_TIME'),

'listing_duration' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_LISTING_DURATION'),

'pay_pal_email_address' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_PAYPAL_EMAIL'),

'postal_code' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_SHOP_POSTALCODE'),

'category_id' => $data['categoryId'],

'title' => Tools::substr(self::prepareTitle($data), 0, 80),

'pictures' => isset($data['pictures']) ? $data['pictures'] : array(),

'return_policy' => $this->_getReturnPolicy(),

'price_update' => !isset($data['noPriceUpdate']),

'variations' => $this->_getVariations($data),

'shipping_details' => $this->_getShippingDetails($data),

'buyer_requirements_details' => $this->_getBuyerRequirementDetails($data),

'site' => $this->ebay_country->getSiteName(),

'item_specifics' => $data['item_specifics'],

'autopay' => $this->ebay_profile->getConfiguration('EBAY_IMMEDIATE_PAYMENT')          

in ebaysynchronizer.php line 104

// Generate array and try insert in database

$data = array(

'price' => $price,

'ean13' => (string)$ean13,

'quantity' => $quantity_product,

'categoryId' => $ebay_category->getIdCategoryRef(),

'variations' => $variations,

'pictures' => $pictures['general'],

and last but not least....add

/ebay/classes/ebayproduct.php  line 134

line public static function getProductsWithoutBlacklisted($id_lang, $id_ebay_profile)

{

return Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('

SELECT ep.`id_product`, ep.`id_attribute`, ep.`id_product_ref`,

p.`id_category_default`, p.`reference`, p.`ean13`,

Hope someone can be happy with this... Please backup files before, haven't tested yet much

I done everything like that, but... It still don't get it done... EAN is missing, but I know very well, I added EAN in EAN-13...

How to fix it, as I needed to add all on other category to avoid Ebay and list items...

Any Idea?

• Like 1

I done everything like that, but... It still don't get it done... EAN is missing, but I know very well, I added EAN in EAN-13...

How to fix it, as I needed to add all on other category to avoid Ebay and list items...

Any Idea?

Yes. Same here. Done ,pst of the tweaks.

But no luck. Still says EAN missing or invalid. 

It shows "EAN is missing a value. Enter a value and try again.

Enter a value in EAN and try again."

Any solutions please. All my eBay store depend on this module. :(

Edit : I have already updated the eBay module and it's latest version (1.11).

Edited by lankathilina (see edit history)

Backup your /modules/ebay Folder and copy in this http://terrasensis.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded.zip

Try again, my system works with this configuration. By the way, where shows it

It shows "EAN is missing a value. Enter a value and try again.

Enter a value in EAN and try again."

?

Hi Dear Dan,

Unfortunately this did not work. 

Same error message coming.

Error shows under  Synchronization tab when I click save and list products.

I work on Presta 1.6.1.1

• 3 weeks later...

@Daniel Selzer - thank you very much for your code changes and the issues on Github. Fixed the problem with EAN errors on eBay export in PrestaShop 1.6.1.1 and stock eBay module v1.11.0.

For others, please make sure you disable caching or clear your cache (manually) after applying the changes:

http://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-1-6-x-how-to-clear-smarty-cache.html

The XML files which are actually posted to the eBay API are cached in the Smarty cache so even if you reset the module the changes to the .tpl files may not become active until the cache has been cleared. 

One thing to check is to enable logging in the eBay module (Advanced Settings), synchronise and then check the API logs (Visualisation -> API Logs). You should see ean13 with a value in the data sent. If this exists but you are still getting EAN errors it's probably because you haven't cleared your Smarty cache (a quick way to check is to disable caching (Advanced Parameters -> Performance) and then try synchronising again).

Tried it and it doesn't work for me. I get this:

Some products have not been listed successfully due to the error(s) below

XML Error Text: "; nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared.".
; nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared.

Looks like some UTF-8 Coding error in the .xml file, maybe try to add these lines manually into your

<ProductListingDetails>
        <EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
</ProductListingDetails>

above

</item> tag.

non-breaking-spaces are coded in special characters however. On which ebay-platform or country occurs the error? German ebay Platform accepts the xml code as far as i tried

Update: Maybe found the problem (A Space where it should not be... sorry) , just updated the downloadable file under:

http://www.terrasensis.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded.zip

I manually applied the changes (based on the diffs and explanation) to my local copy of the eBay module and so haven't actually used the file provided by Daniel.

I've just checked and there don't appear to by any   characters in the XML template files (.tpl) in the updated zip Daniel added on 25/09/2015. Have you tried clearing your cache (including emptying the Smarty directories manually)?

Please see my earlier post on how to clear your cache:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/438190-mpn-and-ean-number-on-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=2151927

Here is a copy of my eBay module to which I manually applied Daniel's changes to:

http://tmp.mube.co.uk/ebay_1.11_ean_missing.zip

This should be extracted into /modules/ebay but you will also need to clear your cache after doing so or you will get the nbsp error.

For reference I am using eBay UK.

I manually applied the changes (based on the diffs and explanation) to my local copy of the eBay module and so haven't actually used the file provided by Daniel.

I've just checked and there don't appear to by any   characters in the XML template files (.tpl) in the updated zip Daniel added on 25/09/2015. Have you tried clearing your cache (including emptying the Smarty directories manually)?

Please see my earlier post on how to clear your cache:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/438190-mpn-and-ean-number-on-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=2151927

Here is a copy of my eBay module to which I manually applied Daniel's changes to:

http://tmp.mube.co.uk/ebay_1.11_ean_missing.zip

This should be extracted into /modules/ebay but you will also need to clear your cache after doing so or you will get the nbsp error.

For reference I am using eBay UK.

Thanks for that.

I used your zip and cleared tha cache manually (was doing that before from BO)

This worked.

Now the other problem is what about products that do not have EAN? What should I put in Ean field? When I leave it empty it says that EAN is required and products won't upload.

Thanks for that.

I used your zip and cleared tha cache manually (was doing that before from BO)

This worked.

Now the other problem is what about products that do not have EAN? What should I put in Ean field? When I leave it empty it says that EAN is required and products won't upload.

In this case you need to put 'Does not apply'.

So in the code you can put something like

if (empty($eanNumber)) {

$xml.= "<EAN>Does not apply</EAN>"

}

(Please notice this is not working code, just example)

But please notice in this case you can be penalized in search result (not always).

Glad you got it sorted.

If you're listing your own products you can register EAN numbers here:

http://www.gs1.org/barcodes/ean-upc

If you need to make a change as Involic have suggested you'll need to change /modules/ebay/api/AddFixedPriceItem.tpl and /modules/ebay/api/ReviseFixedPriceItem.tpl - change from:

{if isset($ean13)}
            <ProductListingDetails>
                <EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
            </ProductListingDetails>
        {/if}

To:

<ProductListingDetails>
        {if isset($ean13)}
                <EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
        {else}
                <EAN>Does not apply</EAN>
        {/if}
            </ProductListingDetails>

Please note that this will apply "Does not apply" to all eBay listings if you do not set an EAN number for the product in the back office.

You can check to see if an EAN number is required by using the API testing tools in the sandbox.

Edited by mube (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

This mod works very well if you have no variations, but if you have products with variations it will cause problems in the sync (and all variations will be created as single product).

I have tried to figure out how to extend this mod to variations but it doesn't seem as "intuitive" as it is for the simple products...

All I know is we will need something like

<VariationProductListingDetails>
			{if isset($ean13_var)}
				<EAN>{$ean13_var}</EAN>
			{else}
				<EAN>Not available</EAN>
			{/if}
			</VariationProductListingDetails>

In the API file GetVariations.tpl but we'll need to edit a lot of stuff in the module files. Any suggestion?

• Like 1

Okay, now it works.

i have reinstall the modul completely.

But now i get an other error :S

OT:

I think it is not the topic but possibly can anyohne help.

i got the same error on all products after syncing:

Eingabedaten für Tag sind ungültig oder fehlen. Bitte lesen Sie die API-Dokumentation.
Item.ProductListingDetails

If i search i cant find anything about that issue.

i dont know what it is :S

• 2 weeks later...

I think i figured out the problem.
After I added the lines manually to the tpl files, the nbsp error disappeared and I got the other Error ("Eingabedaten für Tag sind ungültig oder fehlen. Bitte lesen Sie die API-Dokumentation." missing or invalid data).
From the API protocol I could see that the ean13 value was sent empty. So I thought maybe it's set even if theres no value in it in Prestashop. With a little tweak in the code it now works:

<ProductListingDetails>
        {if isset($ean13) && $ean13 > 0}
        	<EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
        {else}
        	<EAN>Nicht zutreffend</EAN>
        {/if}
</ProductListingDetails> 

Im very confused. I dont have EAN numbers for my products, they just dont apply. However using the ebay module when i go to synchronize with ebay and leave the EAN box blank I get an error "EAN number must be entered" I went back and added a EAN number (My own that i purchased a while ago) to test it out and I get the same problem. I need to synchronize my shop with ebay but its just not letting me. Hope someone can sred some light on this as its very frustrating.

Thank you for your reply.
I deleted the cache. I have one item selected to synchronize for testing purpose  and this did synchronize this time. However after making some small changes it wont synchronize again. Deleted the cache again but no joy. I have left out the EAN number as i presume if it dosnt apply you dont enter anything. Still getting:

EAN is missing a value. Enter a value and try again.
Enter a value in EAN and try again.

Product(s) concerned :
- USB charging ic 1610a1 1610 for iphone 5S repair service

Edited by sussexman (see edit history)

Thanks for your reply. Yes they are 13 number ean digits. However it dosnt solve my problem because i sell services on ebay and dont use ean number. "They dont apply" I'm just saying if i enter a ean number i still get the same error. Is this just a bug or is their a solution around this. I only installed prestashop as i thought i wouldnt have a problem exporting to ebay and now i have entered all my products in prestashop i really dont want to go to the trouble doing the same again in ebay. ???????

Edited by sussexman (see edit history)

Has anyone found the solution to the problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------

EAN is missing a value. Enter a value and try again.
Enter a value in EAN and try again.

Product(s) concerned :
- USB charging ic 1610a1 1610 for iphone 5S repair service

ebay_1.11_ean_missing have also installed but problem still have

Please help

THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

To get around the error that the Brand is missing, create a new product feature and call it Brand. Then for the problem products set the Brand value in the product's features. Then update the eBay mapping (off the top of my head, Item Specifics) and map the new Brand feature to the corresponding field on eBay (make sure you set "Brand" rather than individual brand values as this would set fixed values rather than getting the Brand value from the product's features).

Although this duplicates setting Manufacturers doing the above seems to work better with the eBay module (and can work for Amazon and others as well).

The brand missing has nothing to do with the EAN values missing (which required modification of the module's files) as the latter weren't being included in the API calls whereas Brand is something fixable but adjusting the PrestaShop configuration using the back office.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This mod works very well if you have no variations, but if you have products with variations it will cause problems in the sync (and all variations will be created as single product).

I have tried to figure out how to extend this mod to variations but it doesn't seem as "intuitive" as it is for the simple products...

All I know is we will need something like

<VariationProductListingDetails>
			{if isset($ean13_var)}
				<EAN>{$ean13_var}</EAN>
			{else}
				<EAN>Not available</EAN>
			{/if}
			</VariationProductListingDetails>

In the API file GetVariations.tpl but we'll need to edit a lot of stuff in the module files. Any suggestion?

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem!

Okay, I've now put together all the contributions from all.

The following module variants Syncs and individual products with or without EAN. It is necessary that EAN is transmitted "nicht zutreffend" with.

That's for the German marketplace and to change to other marketplaces in this file:
ReviseFixedPriceItem.tpl> Line 120 and Line 129
AddFixedPriceItem.tpl> Line 102 and Line 111

Tested with a Live System 1.6.1.4

Tested with a new installation 1.6.1.3 and 1.6.1.4

For Live Version:
1. eBay module disabling uninstall, and delete
2. Empty the cache
Upload and install 3. Module
4. set up and go

Alternatively overwrite all data in "modules" with the ZIP file.
In the zip file there is the folder "ebay" So this does not have to be created beforehand.

BEFORE: Always backup

Deutsch:
Okay, ich habe jetzt aus allen Beiträgen alles zusammengefügt. 

Das folgende Modul Syncronisiert Varianten und einzelne Produkte mit und Ohne EAN. Ist eine EAN nötig, wird "nicht zutreffend" mit übertragen. 

Das ist für den Deutschen Marktplatz und zu ändern für andere Marktplätze in dieser Datei:
ReviseFixedPriceItem.tpl > Zeile 120 und Zeile 129
AddFixedPriceItem.tpl > Zeile  102 und zeile 111

Gestestet mit einem Live System 1.6.1.4

Getestet mit einer neuen Installation 1.6.1.3 und 1.6.1.4

Für die Live Version:
1. eBay Modul Deaktivieren, deinstallieren und löschen
2. Cache leeren
3. Modul hochladen und installieren
4. einrichten und loslegen

Alternativ alle Daten in "modules" mit der ZIP Datei überschreiben.
In der Zip Datei gibt es den Ordner "ebay" also muss dieser nicht vorher angelegt sein.

VORHER: Immer Datensicherung

eBay-EAN-FIX-2016-1-6-1-4.zip

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with variations. It lists all variation products in their own listing, rather than grouping them together. Does anyone have any idea how this can be modified? It works fine apart from the variation problems.

202Commerce have announced that they will be releasing a module update shortly, so hopefully this will be addressed, but would be good to get a fix in the meantime!

Hi, 

I really need variations working with EAN numbers and I have 100's of items with variations. Does anyone know how I can possibly get this working, or does anyone know if 202commerce will release an update before The ebay UK cut off date of 20th Feb

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Nick 

Does anyone know if this mod posts of the variations separately if they do not have an EAN number, some of my listings do not require an EAN number and do have variations. I am a little nervous wanting to sync by products with variations just in case it lists them all separately. 

Many thanks

Nick

In my shop, it does not work.

I get a lot of errors and in the end I was not authorized to configure the module.

At the end I had to FTP and SQL undo and backup upload to enjoy the old module.

202Commerce should contact us more. The new module, and the implementation is garbage.

If the developers advise us now would be a good module available. Instead, the new features are nonsensical.

For example "EAN Syncronisieren"

Better our modded version would be saying if no EAN then fetch "not applicable" or similar.

Absolute scrap the module. Sorry :(

My English skills are suffering rnicht so good that I could explain the current problems properly. Therefore, I have the German Forum asked for help here. Unfortunately, so far without success.

The problem is also that one would have to be made now in hindsight ändereungen and it would be much easier if you would have discussed before.

The eBay module does not work is known since the beginning of. Nevertheless, has not changed much in that respect.

Obviously, I can even try a ticket to describe but without sound vocabulary is the extremely difficult.

I do not want to be mean or unfair. I think it's good that there s the module and someone makes it.

but under the promise of Prestashop cooperation with eBay I understand anything other than a third developer.

This has its own paid projects yes. A free module is certainly not high on the priority list.

It would stop only nice when you before working just once publicly considering how to make it better. Who is better suited to the user who actually use the module as well?

Why can not here discuss:

It would halt just helpful if we could work together with the developer instead of just on tickets

I haven't tried the new version from 202Commerce yet but the modified module as per the updates earlier in this post work for us with variations listed as multi-variation listings on eBay (i.e. products with variations are listed singularly with drop downs for the size, colour, etc, selections).

During our tests we found that if any of the mapping configurations break the multi-variation listings then it causes all products listed on eBay to all be listed individually. What I mean here is that if an item specific which doesn't allow multiple values on eBay (e.g. Brand) is mapped to a PrestaShop product attribute (e.g. Size) then this will cause all products synchronised to eBay to be listed separately. This is configured under Item Specifics.

When trying things out we do the following (we have local LAMP servers for testing but it will work on a WAMP set up (Windows) as well, or upload to a sub domain on your main site or other server)...

Download a full backup of PrestaShop including database.

Extract this into a new location and create and import the database backup. This could be on a local server, other server, etc.

Update the database connection values in WEBROOT/config/settings.inc.php -- VERY IMPORTANT.

Put the module into Sandbox mode by changing the file WEBROOT/modules/ebay/classes/EbayRequest.php and change the line private $dev = false; to private $dev = true; (this will be near the top of the file, line 47 on my copy (with comments)).

As we've switched from live eBay to sandbox eBay we need to force the module to re-download the eBay categories. Run this SQL in your new test database:

TRUNCATE `ps_ebay_category`;
TRUNCATE `ps_ebay_category_condition`;
TRUNCATE `ps_ebay_category_condition_configuration`;
TRUNCATE `ps_ebay_category_configuration`;
TRUNCATE `ps_ebay_category_specific`;
TRUNCATE `ps_ebay_category_specific_value`;

(Change the ps_ prefix to match the one for your site (check the other tables with SHOW TABLES;).)

Navigate to the back office on the test server, e.g. http://localhost/admin123

Update the site URLs which you should be warned about. If you don't do this when you go to the front office you will actually be redirected to the live website.

Go to the eBay module configuration and delete your profile.

Create eBay and PayPal developer accounts and then sandbox accounts for each:

https://go.developer.ebay.com/developer-sandbox
https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/

(These will let you create sandbox credentials so you can test synchronising to eBay without incurring any listings fees during testing.)

Please note that there will be a delay which looks like the site has stopped responding. This is normal and the module is actually downloading the eBay sandbox categories. Give it a minute and everything will be as normal. (You may need to update the timeout in PHP if you get errors.)

Create a new profile in the eBay module in PrestaShop back office. Note that you are now in "developer mode" (enabled by changing the file above) so the module will now only work with the eBay sandbox.

Input your sandbox credentials as you would have normally input your actual eBay and PayPal account details (when you link your eBay account it should do to the sandbox login rather than the live one).

Go through and fully configure the module including Item Specific mappings, etc. I recommend going through individual items one at a time until you find the one causing multi-variation listings to be listed separately. You can also use XDEBUG or similar to step through the code to find out why things aren't being listed as you intend (interesting breakpoints should be set in the eBay module classes).

Synchronise to push your products to eBay using the module (I do it manually from the module configuration).

You can now visit the Selling section of your eBay sandbox account to see how your listings have been created. This should give you an insight into any problems without incurring listing fees and allow you to try modifying the module to get it working for your needs.

Note that if you want to set this PrestaShop install live you'll need to repeat the steps above but deploy it to your actual server and remember to change back the $dev = true; line (and force re-downloading eBay categories).

Please make sure you take backups at each step and only attempt the above instructions if you feel comfortable. Make sure you've got a full backup of your live site in a safe place. Pay attention to the details and check every step twice. The steps are to be done at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible if you break your site.

Having said all that, once you're familiar with the process it only takes a few minutes to create a local copy of your live site pointed at the eBay sandbox. From here you can try things out without impacting your live site or incurring any listing fees.

You could always start from scratch but the above lets you keep your product catalogue (and any other configuration) in the test site.

• Like 1

By the Way, if you use ebay uk or ebay france, you could change these lines:

<ProductListingDetails>
                <EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
            {else}
                <EAN>Nicht zutreffend</EAN>
            {/if}

to something like

<ProductListingDetails>
                <EAN>{$ean13}</EAN>
            {else}
                <EAN>not applicable</EAN>
            {/if}

to be found in the addfixedpriceitem.tpl

Maybe someone could test it?

in line 77 there is

{if isset($variations)}
            {$variations}
        {/if}

maybe we could arrange some changes to better handle variations ...

Ok, so i made three Versions for Ebay Germany, Ebay UK and Ebay France, changed

"Nicht zutreffend" to "Does not apply" and to "Non applicable"

You find it (root is a 1.11) here :

http://www.presta-hilfe.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded_FR.zip

http://www.presta-hilfe.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded_GE.zip

http://www.presta-hilfe.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded_UK.zip

hope this helps to get things going. Keep your fingers crossed!

During our tests we found that if any of the mapping configurations break the multi-variation listings then it causes all products listed on eBay to all be listed individually. What I mean here is that if an item specific which doesn't allow multiple values on eBay (e.g. Brand) is mapped to a PrestaShop product attribute (e.g. Size) then this will cause all products synchronised to eBay to be listed separately. This is configured under Item Specifics.

I've solved the problem of variations not listing after seeing this post! It turns out that somewhere along the line, the category "Umbrellas" had the "shoe size" attribute mapped to the brand field in the "item specifics" tab. No idea how this happened. As a result, and item which had the shoe size attribute was broken.

I changed it to the correct field, and all the products are now listing with variations using 1.12.1.

It's definitely worth checking the mapped fields if you have this problem. Luckily eBay have agreed to credit us for the products which were listed without attributes :)

Ok, so i made three Versions for Ebay Germany, Ebay UK and Ebay France, changed

"Nicht zutreffend" to "Does not apply" and to "Non applicable"

You find it (root is a 1.11) here :

http://www.presta-hilfe.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded_FR.zip

http://www.presta-hilfe.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded_GE.zip

http://www.presta-hilfe.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Ebay_1.11._EAN_modded_UK.zip

hope this helps to get things going. Keep your fingers crossed!

i test it but i dosent work!

If i sync the items i get the error....

n EAN fehlt ein Wert. Geben Sie einen Wert ein und versuchen Sie es erneut.

Geben Sie einen Wert in EAN ein und versuchen Sie es erneut.

In EAN fehlt ein Wert. Geben Sie einen Wert ein und versuchen Sie es erneut.

Geben Sie einen Wert in EAN ein und versuchen Sie es erneut.

Geben Sie mindestens einen gültigen Versandservice an.

i get this error on all variats....if i use "my" ebay modul i get no error and can sync variants...

It seems that the new eBay module does sync the EAN number, however I cannot get the Brand or MPN to sync. I have tried to add a product feature in prestashop with the Brand and MPN but it does not sync across.  Has anyone else managed to get these item specifics to synchronize OK. 

Many thanks

Nick

It seems that the new eBay module does sync the EAN number, however I cannot get the Brand or MPN to sync. I have tried to add a product feature in prestashop with the Brand and MPN but it does not sync across.  Has anyone else managed to get these item specifics to synchronize OK. 

Many thanks

Nick

I am seeing this also.  MPN should be mapped to the product reference under combinations, instead it is trying to map it to a product feature which makes no sense at all

I am seeing this also.  MPN should be mapped to the product reference under combinations, instead it is trying to map it to a product feature which makes no sense at all

Your'e right, but even if you create a new product feature called MPN and map to this in the ebay module (item specifics) it does not sync it across.

I really need to get this working as ebay keep emailing saying that I have until the 29th Feb to get it sorted.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Nick 

• Like 1

Got this today from 202-ecommerce:

We are currently working on a version which includes the following corrections and evolutions

Evolutions

Ability to synchronize MPN codes 
    Ability to synchronize UPC codes 
    Ability to add 'Does not apply' instead of EAN codes the following link to know which case use

Corrections

EAN correction for variations in product / multi-variations. 
    Fixed synchronization of multiple orders 
    Fixed synchronization the picture synchronization 
    Fixed Categorie Condition Specific - new, used, refurbished

We will get back to you to inform you when the corrective version will be available on ADDONS.

• Like 1