Addons policy

minic studio

Hi,

Probably not i'm the only one who would like to know why we cant post external links in the module page on addons and inside the modules itself. Many modules requires some third party thing like a facebook or twitter application, and most of the buyers doesn't know how to create one, and the addons team doesn't allow any external link to a tutorial (doesnt matter if i link directly to facebook or i create a custom one on my site).

I think the point would be to make the buying and installing/using process as easy as possible, but the terms of the addons store doesn't allow such things, how do you want satisfied buyers?

Prestashop doesn't want more sales? If a buyer goes to the module page on addons and sees that there are tutorials and other helping links, documents isn't this a good thing? Wont be more satisfied and willing to buy that module, and not going to search another one, which seems more trustable?

You should focus to make the whole selling process easier not harder. A year ago i could upload my modules with my own ads in them, and i had far more selling than now, isn't this good for Prestashop? Now i had at least 10 rejects, because external links, third party classes, email addresses which makes the support easier, etc. Its really a joke what is going here ...

I cant put a Facebook link inside my module because its restricted? Wtf?

Do i'm alone with the above?

Do i'm alone with the above?

Oh, you can be sure that you're not the only one, working on Marketplace is extremely frustrating. The worst part is that it is unlikely that something will change and in my opinion it will only get worse and worse.

Edit:

I must add few words here to explain something, 

1. After todays conversation with Xavier I'm now aware of scale of Addons Marketplace and know more how it all works and how big is this, so... I'll be for sure more patient while reviewing... 

2. ...however, there's still a lot of work to do, and still many frustrating things for developers, for example:

- we don't have any option to upload assets like PSD files to theme package,

- if we really can't use external links it's a shame, online documentation, tutorials etc. I think it's must have for us,

- validator... oh, this is really frustrating, Readme.md required? For what? This is not github repo,

- validator... forbidden base64? Why? Even PrestaShop core uses base64 in two places!

- there is still no API, we cannot valid purchaes on our sites (where we'd like to offer additional free resources), we cannot get sales information to calculte split earnings in team etc.

Overall, I see progress here, technical validation is fast as never, payouts are fast, support system is good... but please, do not make hard to sell here by blocking things like base64 used in smart way, external links or silly requirements like these.md files  :)

I really hope that Addons Marketplace will be more devs friendly, API will be available and we'll be able to upload more files or simply two files (theme + assets).

Edited by Krystian Podemski (see edit history)

Sorry but i cant leave the above thought without words. We as developers doesn't want to hurt you, but you don't leave any choice. Your feedback system to our problems is a ****, i wrote many email to you and i never get even a response. My modules are rejected without proper reasons, this and that isn't good. If fix the this and that and even more because i don't know whats wrong again than you reject the module for another reason, i fix the new reason the you reject for the previous one again. When i ask the guy behind the validator i get an arrogant answer to check my code ... after many checks i got the same result, my code is just fine!

After such experiences how do you expect from us to be kind? We work hard we upload our modules, we provide support for them and you take the big money from us, and at the end we end up with bad experiences. 

Doesn't the goal of the addons should be that provide a platform where both the developers and customers can work/buy easily? As far as i can tell you only keep your interest in mind and don't cares about others.

Also these new restrictions about the links in the modules and such, i cant link a tutorial to help my customers to use the module because u doesn't allow external links? And doesn't matter how do i try to tell this to the validator guy he rejects the module because i linked a PDF? Or a facebook link? Do you even check the problems? Or you created a validator like validator and reject everything because isn't working right? 

Also this policy about the email addresses in the modules. Do you image how hard in your system to create support message? I'm sure half of the customers even doesn't know how to do it, and you are prohibiting to us to place a support email or something into the modules.

I'm sure you want to do everything better in the long run, but i think you should think twice (if not more) before you do a stupid move against the community you builded here.

Dunno who is in charge behind these but i definitely fire him.

And again, i don't want to hurt you, but what is going here its really isn't  good, not even to you! And the biggest looser at the and not the developers will be!

Oh, you can be sure that you're not the only one, working on Marketplace is extremely frustrating. The worst part is that it is unlikely that something will change and in my opinion it will only get worse and worse.

Edit:

I must add few words here to explain something, 

1. After todays conversation with Xavier I'm now aware of scale of Addons Marketplace and know more how it all works and how big is this, so... I'll be for sure more patient while reviewing... 

2. ...however, there's still a lot of work to do, and still many frustrating things for developers, for example:

- we don't have any option to upload assets like PSD files to theme package,

- if we really can't use external links it's a shame, online documentation, tutorials etc. I think it's must have for us,

- validator... oh, this is really frustrating, Readme.md required? For what? This is not github repo,

- validator... forbidden base64? Why? Even PrestaShop core uses base64 in two places!

- there is still no API, we cannot valid purchaes on our sites (where we'd like to offer additional free resources), we cannot get sales information to calculte split earnings in team etc.

Overall, I see progress here, technical validation is fast as never, payouts are fast, support system is good... but please, do not make hard to sell here by blocking things like base64 used in smart way, external links or silly requirements like these.md files  :)

I really hope that Addons Marketplace will be more devs friendly, API will be available and we'll be able to upload more files or simply two files (theme + assets).

I'm understand that they are in a hard situation, but why cant they communicate that for us? Why do we have to cry here and blade them to get an answer? Personally i still got nothing, just deleted and blocked topics. Even this topic was blocked, another deleted, then posts from here are removed. Whenever i wrote an email with questions or such they just didnt answer. Even i have a blocked seller account because i created a banner on my own demo page, the reason was that i lead the traffic to other places. I agree i made a mistake but why do you had to block my account even if i removed instantly that banner? Shouldn't be better for both of us if i could sell those modules? I wrote many emails but got no answer at all.

Such steps like what i mentioned above are stupid and i don't see why should be treated like that. And my experience says that this is even more worst in the past year.

Theres no good support system, but we cant place a support mail address in the module? Customers are going to cry for them than for us etc. This could be avoided easily ... And this is just one of the many mistakes.

I'm really disappointed.

I'm really disappointed.

This is exactly my feeling when I read your messages and I think you don't get the real deal behind the 'stupid' moves we make everyday.

My week is over but I will take some time to answer your messages because I can't leave you write things like this. Things completely wrong, and really hurtful for me and my colleagues.

Everyday, we work hard to improve Addons. We have bugs to patch, new features to add, modules and themes to validate (technical and marketing - almost 800 validations are done every week!), contributor questions to answer and many other things. So when you tell that Addons is a joke, I invite you to visit us, just to see the hard work we do every day! Our doors are open.

You will also see (again and I insist, come visit us) that Addons is today a really big marketplace, with a lot of developers around the world. While most of them are following the rules, we always have some developers playing with the system. When we started Addons, almost everything was allowed but with the time, we had to make more and more rules to avoid anarchy. Links are a good example. If every developers put a link to his store in the module, it's not ok. Remember that PrestaShop is free and we need to make money to improve the software... And if this store is not secured? Our goal is to sell quality modules to our customers, and to protect these customers from spam and everything, this is why we do not allow external links. However, if the link is necessary to the module, banks for example, we allow it. See, no stupid moves.

External links include emails, but for another reason. If you do your support outside Addons, we do not have chat history. So, if the customer tells us that you do not do your support, we do not have any evidence and we will have to refund him. This is to protect you, and not just because we want it. Again, no stupid moves.

And since you have the support link for every modules in your seller account, you can just redirect the customer to Addons, to the right page! The user experience is just fine.

You write a lot of critics and not so much ideas on how to improve Addons and PrestaShop. We are always listening and will we do our best to answer all the messages (forum, twitter, mails...), some of them are forgotten and we are sorry about that but be as negative as you are doesn't help. Be constructive, like the Krystian's message.

Now, Krystian :) I'm glad you understood how much validations we have to do. Your idea to upload separate assets is really good and I will submit it to my boss to include it in the future, this year at least. Right now, just include it in the theme's folder. We are working on APIs for you developers, but we still need time. It will be a small API to start and we will improve it with your feedbacks. More info soon on the blog.

The validator shows a lot of errors, but we are human and we do not refuse modules for everything. Readme for example, or licences. It's better if you clear all the errors but we do not refuse modules for this. Base64 is forbidden because a lot of developers are trying to encrypt data for multiple reasons (get customer's data for example). 99% of the time, you can do the same thing in another way (json to store data for example). But sometimes, you need to use base64, banks for example. When this is the case, we do not refuse the module.

I hope this message answers your questions. I'm always available to help you if you need, here, with the contact form, twitter, and I'm not the only one. So please, when you write a message, please consider that a lot of people are working hard, for you and for our customers. And remember that we make money thanks to you, but you also make money thanks to us!

I can go back enjoying my weekend now :) And I hope you will too!

Emmanuel

• Like 2

easy way to resolve issue with having connection between addon's module and customer is to simply open a new topic in the forum in paid or free section, thank you PrestaShop for allow us that privilege.  This is best way that customers can easily contact the actual dev and have complete transparency.  Shows up well in google search, and it's free.

Personally I think addon's from has improved significantly especially when it comes to protecting shop managers from bad software.  So if deb as to jump through more hoops to help foster a trusting market place, then I am 100% behind it no matter the little things one might find irritating  about the process.

So, unless you want to work hard to be a 'trusted' 3rd party developer and sell on your own shop then you are going to need to follow general rules written from loads of historical experience.

I also agree that being constructive is paramount to this or any topic.  Let's keep it that way.  Don't post 'I might get  banned' so that you are no banned..jajajaj

Chin up, breath in breath out...

Addons is here to make money !

Prestashop is here to make money !

you are here to make money !

just forget all idea of community, together, helping.

Prestashop create payed module, it's not a partner it's a competitor !

How believe that helping Addons is really possible for the community when are time to ignore it while she takes the time to send you constructive remarks and you do not even take the penalty to thank her?

What makes me laugh as it is that whenever a member of the community critical you, there answer currently is calling into question by making believe that it is bad to take to Prestashop which is so nice and has the goodness of feed us with the money that we gain with this revolutionary solution... remind melon that grows on the head of some in Prestashop Prestashop is also by work of its community. But as the community has never been regarded in Prestashop except swing us speeches each appointment of CM as it will make the liaison between Prestashop and the community and that everyone is beautiful, everybody he is nice, there is always the same thing.
PrestaShop wants to partner paying to put their free in solution or on addons modules, or even partner paying to appear with a name on addons... so the community will have never no weight, as it has never been for 7 years.

But I can assure you, this ets me which is a nasty vision according to Prestashop, hooouuu the villain!
  • Like 1

This is exactly my feeling when I read your messages and I think you don't get the real deal behind the 'stupid' moves we make everyday.

My week is over but I will take some time to answer your messages because I can't leave you write things like this. Things completely wrong, and really hurtful for me and my colleagues.

Everyday, we work hard to improve Addons. We have bugs to patch, new features to add, modules and themes to validate (technical and marketing - almost 800 validations are done every week!), contributor questions to answer and many other things. So when you tell that Addons is a joke, I invite you to visit us, just to see the hard work we do every day! Our doors are open.

You will also see (again and I insist, come visit us) that Addons is today a really big marketplace, with a lot of developers around the world. While most of them are following the rules, we always have some developers playing with the system. When we started Addons, almost everything was allowed but with the time, we had to make more and more rules to avoid anarchy. Links are a good example. If every developers put a link to his store in the module, it's not ok. Remember that PrestaShop is free and we need to make money to improve the software... And if this store is not secured? Our goal is to sell quality modules to our customers, and to protect these customers from spam and everything, this is why we do not allow external links. However, if the link is necessary to the module, banks for example, we allow it. See, no stupid moves.

External links include emails, but for another reason. If you do your support outside Addons, we do not have chat history. So, if the customer tells us that you do not do your support, we do not have any evidence and we will have to refund him. This is to protect you, and not just because we want it. Again, no stupid moves.

And since you have the support link for every modules in your seller account, you can just redirect the customer to Addons, to the right page! The user experience is just fine.

You write a lot of critics and not so much ideas on how to improve Addons and PrestaShop. We are always listening and will we do our best to answer all the messages (forum, twitter, mails...), some of them are forgotten and we are sorry about that but be as negative as you are doesn't help. Be constructive, like the Krystian's message.

Now, Krystian :) I'm glad you understood how much validations we have to do. Your idea to upload separate assets is really good and I will submit it to my boss to include it in the future, this year at least. Right now, just include it in the theme's folder. We are working on APIs for you developers, but we still need time. It will be a small API to start and we will improve it with your feedbacks. More info soon on the blog.

The validator shows a lot of errors, but we are human and we do not refuse modules for everything. Readme for example, or licences. It's better if you clear all the errors but we do not refuse modules for this. Base64 is forbidden because a lot of developers are trying to encrypt data for multiple reasons (get customer's data for example). 99% of the time, you can do the same thing in another way (json to store data for example). But sometimes, you need to use base64, banks for example. When this is the case, we do not refuse the module.

I hope this message answers your questions. I'm always available to help you if you need, here, with the contact form, twitter, and I'm not the only one. So please, when you write a message, please consider that a lot of people are working hard, for you and for our customers. And remember that we make money thanks to you, but you also make money thanks to us!

I can go back enjoying my weekend now :) And I hope you will too!

Emmanuel

You even refused my module with your own documentation link, doesn't mattered what i wrote to the validator ... Also got refuse because I linked an official Facebook tutorial and Twitter tutorial.  

Until i get such treatment do net expect from me any sympathy. And do not try to explain this with that you are humans ... 

And again, I don't want / wanted to hurt you, could be that this seems like that and my apologies, really. I just wanted to raise my voice a bit because i'm sure other developers suffers from the same problems, and you have to resolve these issues in-house, because its a bit funny, don't you think?

Regards,

Antal

Tanguy, I really don't understand you... All your interventions are to criticize us. So why are you still working with PrestaShop and contributing to it? Everything is always bad, we never take your consideration, we are only here to make money on your work, we do not care about everyone except us, we are the evil, we are the reason of all the corruption in the world, we are the reason of global warming... Well, nothing is good with us.

I'm not telling we are perfect, nobody is. And we never will be. But we do our best everyday.

Like you said, PrestaShop is a community. PrestaShop is nothing without his community and it's wrong when you say that we don't care about the community. The problem is that you take all our decisions like it was decided against the community. Yes we have to make choices like a company, but that's because we are a company, and you see us like an non-profit association. Our goal is to improve ecommerce everyday, and of course we have to make money to do this. People validating your modules and answering your critics need to be paid...

But hey ! Maybe you can make an open source project, at full time with a few people without any business plan. See you in a few month if you're still alive :)

Seriously, it is really exasperating for us to read you. Every single post. Just try to be constructive and not to criticize every time.

----

Antal, if the only link in the module was an Addons link, I'm really sorry about that, it was a mistake. But if you linked to your Facebook/Twitter, then it's normal and you can read my last answer for the reason. You don't want me to tell you that we are human but that's what we are.

The real funny thing in all of that is that when we tell developers that they need to validate their modules with the validator, it's bad because the validator is 'stupid' and report wrong errors. But when we do a manual validation and an error because it's the 40th or 50th module we checked, it's also bad. So what should we do? :) We make errors, but we are available to help you, and see if we were wrong. Just remember that we do not have a customer service in another country. It's all the PrestaShop team answering your questions, to make sure that you get the best answer, and sometime it can take time. 

Decline modules with external links is not an issue. It's a difficult decision we had to make to avoid abuse. That's the ransom of our success. Like I said, Addons is a big marketplace and we can't let every developers do what they want... For the safety of our customers.

You shouldn't remove your message, i agree with you, doesn't matter if we are trying to help Prestashop, we just get even more face palm, and they ignore us. PS team says "we are not in 30th Chicago" (and this was told by them :) ), indeed we are not, the whole acting seems like a dictatorial system, PS is the ruler and we fight agains them. Indeed this is all yours, and you built it, and basically you do whatever you want, but you are going into the wrong direction, at least this is how i see now. 

Any of you visited any envato marketplace ever? I strongly suggest to check it, i think you could learn many things from them ...

• Like 1

Decline modules with external links is not an issue. It's a difficult decision we had to make to avoid abuse. That's the ransom of our success. Like I said, Addons is a big marketplace and we can't let every developers do what they want... For the safety of our customers.

There should be exceptions, when you should allow external links, because its reasonable and help your customers! And due to the fact you provide an open source software and a platform where contributors can sell their product i think its up on the buyer to decide which module he wants to buy, of course some kind of validation is still required, but not like you do now ... You should focus to your modules and to the PS, if someone decide to buy a third party module he knows he could buy something bad. I think you should provide only a channel between customers and contributors. For contributors is a goal to provide the best quality they can, because no one buys shit. And theres a good feedback system ...

By trying to force so much rule to us you are going to kill the whole market, and most of the contributors going to leave and sell on other platforms like envato. 2 years before codecanyon doesn't had even Prestashop category, now they have and modules appear on every day!

I think you are cutting the tree under yourself (or how is this in english) :)

• Like 1

By trying to force so much rule to us you are going to kill the whole market, and most of the contributors going to leave and sell on other platforms like envato. 2 years before codecanyon doesn't had even Prestashop category, now they have and modules appear on every day!

+1

I decided to remove all my modules from PS Addons marketplace 2 days ago because of that.

You submit your modules, they are refused for some reason.

You correct the problem and you submit them again, they are refused again for another reason.

You correct again and submit again, another refusal for another reason...

Even if you do your best to validate your modules with validator, Prestashop will always find a new reason to refuse your modules again and again and again...

This is an extreme time loss and I can't work anymore like that so I can't continue to sell my modules on PS Addons anymore whereas some of my modules were part of best sales in front-office functionalities modules.

I always tell to Prestashop that acting like that will make contributors leave the platform but unfortunately it seems they don't care...

• Like 2

Tanguy, I really don't understand you... All your interventions are to criticize us. So why are you still working with PrestaShop and contributing to it? Everything is always bad, we never take your consideration, we are only here to make money on your work, we do not care about everyone except us, we are the evil, we are the reason of all the corruption in the world, we are the reason of global warming... Well, nothing is good with us.

I'm not telling we are perfect, nobody is. And we never will be. But we do our best everyday.

Guys at PrestaTeam, please stop be offended by the critics. We know that you work hard, and we also work hard. Its normal to make mistakes, we do and you do, as you said we are all humans, however its not normal mistakes to not be corrected in timely manner.

Let me give you one example:

Our last theme, has made 50 sales in 1 month, and the sales was great and even was number 1 in sales for the month until 2 bad ratings.

One of the bad rating is because the customer think that this is "EXE" file which he can double-click and next-next-finish install. In other words he has no idea what he is doing or buying.

The other rating is similar.

The 3rd rating is good.

So from total 3 ratings, two are bad, but they are not really reflecting the truth. 

So i have messaged the PrestaTeam to do something about it, they said there is nothing to be done until the new rating system is done. And the sales of the theme halted as it currently shows only 2 stars.

Now from 50 sales, we have only 1 refund, and customers are happy. The happy customers don't bother to post ratings. The current rating system ruined the theme and the sales of the theme.

Tell me who to blame for this?, as our dev team also work hard developing quality themes.

PrestaShop team has promised improved rating system so we can at least respond to such ratings and comments almost 3 years ago, well this is still not happened. 

So please tell me, what do you expect us to do? Salute you? Tell me what would you do in our shoes? How do you expect from us not to be frustrated?

So please, stop be offended when someone is criticize you (no matter if its rightful or constructive, everyone has different way to express), but learn from it, in calm manner.  Admit your mistakes and correct them fast, mistakes like this and stability should be number one priority not "new features". 

You should ask yourself, why there is so much critics for addons, and such topics appear constantly, while there is little to none such things in competitors markets such as Envato which also sells PrestaShop themes and modules. 

If we did not care for PrestaShop and for you guys, we will not bother to write to you, and we will move to develop something else as many devs did. So please don't be offended, critics are great, its a valuable feedback and you should welcome it, this shows you where you can improve, and that there is a lot to improve, and you will grow and benefit from it when it is improved. 

I hope to understand me, and be in the developers shoes more often  :)

Peace  B)

Tanguy, even if you removed your message, let me tell you that if you don't want to 'loose' another day with us, to discuss how to improve PrestaShop, decline the invitation and leave your place to another dev. I had no time to follow the communication about this day, but you can be sure that everything discussed is in our mind.

Antal, you can't say that we ignore you. I'm in weekend, and I take time to answer all your questions. The real problem is that you don't get our strategy on Addons. We do not want to be just a marketplace like the others. We want to sell quality goods and to do that, we need to make rules. And no exceptions, because we do not have the time and ressources to do this. The customer buying a module or a theme on the official marketplace expect quality. That's what we want to sell. If you want your modules between other crapy modules, without any control, don't sell on Addons, that's not our goal.

Sabrina, that's not fair. You were declined for two reasons : Security and the validator. We can't accept new submissions with security issues and security must be one of the priority for every devs. The validator is available since a long time, and I know that the rules are evolving over the time but your errors are old errors! And you still submitted it!

If you fixed your modules a few months ago, when we asked to follow the validator, we would not be having this conversation today.

So when you say that we will always find a new reason to decline, that's wrong. If you follow the rules, the validator, and have no security issues, the chances that your module is declined are really thin. Try and you will see.

DreamTheme, thank you for you message. I know that my message can be 'rush', and of course we do not ask you to not criticize us. Like I said, we are not perfect. My problem with Tanguy's interventions is that it's always to say that we are the 'villain' (his word). That's it.

Now, when I read your message, I more than happy to answer you.

I know your frustration, like many devs on Addons. We are aware that the rating system is not perfect, and we want to improve it this year. You said that 3 years ago we told you that we will add the possibility to answer customers. To be honest, 3 years ago, the team was not today's team and I was not at PrestaShop so I can't tell you what was the decisions. What I can tell you is that we have multiple priorities for this year and a small team to do this. Just a sneak peek :

- New design: As you can see since a few months we are working hard on the new design. Most of the pages are now ok and we are working on the homepage, the search/categories and the product page. As you can see, it takes time because like I said, we have a small team and we can't release a all new design in once. Today, it's our top priority and half of our team is working on it. Why? Because we wan't this to be out as soon as possible but we still need to work on some other small issues from everyday.

- Gamification: We want to reward our best contributors. If you do good work and are serious, we should make you more visible than today. This project, not started yet, is really big because it's going to solve a lot of issues. With this, we will be able to allow you to do things if you are a good contributor, like answering customers. We need to think a lot about this to make this system as perfect as it can be. So we need to think about all the possibilities about it, think about an algorithm and develop all the features on Addons. We can't do this quickly like it's a small project. That's why we want to finish the design before.

And that's just 2 projects, we have a big roadmap. we are still working on search algorithm with keywords, new hierarchy with the new categories and many other things.

I know that you care about PrestaShop, like you said if it was not the case, you will not bother to answer. And we thank you for that :) Really!

We read you, and we need you to 'raise' your voice to show us what's wrong. Now, when we have a topic like that, we have to make decisions so we can give you an answer. My answer today is : No we don't ignore you, yes we read your messages and we try to improve Addons with your feedbacks but we need time to analyze the problem and find the best solution. Yet, we have rules, like everywhere, and while we are ready to discuss most of them, to see what can we do, some of them are obligatory, like the validator and external links ! But hey, with the gamification, maybe it will change for external links for serious contributors. Just a thought ;)

• Like 1

Merci de ton sacrifice à venir ici un week-end au bout de 7 ans il était temps qu'un gars de la team découvre un eux notre vie.

ah oui tiens je ne m’embête même plus à traduire en anglais histoire de rappeler que ce script est français que 90% des employés sont français mais que la communauté française dépéri et déprime à vue d’œil. Ah mince cela doit être une critique ... ah non simple une constatation car tout ce que je raconte ne sont que des constatations rien de plus.

Donc Prestashop m'invite pour discuter et comprendre le mécontentement d'une partie de la communauté (8 personnes françaises) et je devrais refuser ?en non, je suis bien éduqué, lorsque j'ai opportunité de discuter des soucis ressenti directement avec les personne concernées, j'ai la politesse de répondre positivement à l'invitation et je crois que nous l'avons tous fait dans la même optique, faire remonter directement tous les soucis rencontrés depuis des années avec la solution qui actuellement provoque la fuite de nos clients vers d'autre solutions. Bêtement nous avons pris le temps de préparer cette réunion en nous réunissant ensemble afin de valoriser au mieux notre temps de présence dans les locaux de Prestashop. Et ... la réunion a eu lieu, l'équipe présente nous a annoncer pleins de choses et ... rien, strictement rien n'a été respectée suite à notre retour. Donc poliment nous avons attendu, relancé, rappeler les engagements pris lors de cette réunion et ... rien. Donc nous nous mettons à parler directement à la communauté pour leur ouvrir les yeux sur l'état actuel déplorable de la solution et de son environnement et la seule réponse de la Team c'est de nous faire passer pour les mecs qui n'ont rien compris, qui sont des charlots, des imposteur, des menteurs.

Donc non Emanuel, je ne laisse pas ma place et je suis encore plus étonné de ta réponse "I had no time to follow the communication about this day, but you can be sure that everything discussed is in our mind" car la première phrase de BL lors de son discours d'ouverture de cette réunion était (bullshit) à l'attention de la communauté que Prestashop allé développer encore plus la relation privilégié avec la communauté, que la communauté allez être valoriser  .... et donc 2 mois jours pour jours après cette réunion pas le moindre retour officiel sur cette rencontre qui d'après les discours était capitale.

Après le discours annonçant la qualité du code, le respect de cette charte de qualité pour satisfaire les clients ... Bla Bla Bla, je trouve cela comme étant un très beau discours marketing mais dans les fait c'est n'importe quoi.

Perso j'ai eu des modules refusés pour des variable pas échappées ou castées, mais dans 50% des cas ces variables n'ont aucun besoin de cela et donc à appliquer bêtement les choses on optimise pas mais on ralenti la solution .. qui n'a pas besoin de nos modules pour être ralenti à cause de code de qualité déplorable.

De plus nous avons du mal à accepter de se faire recaler tous les 4 matins pour des trucs nouveaux sans doc, alors que Prestashop a un code qui ne respecte pas la moindre règle ou les modules. 2 poids, 2 mesures, mais maintenant que vous avez fait le choix d'être en concurrence directe avec la communauté ou vos partenaire, il serait poli de vous appliquer ls même règles, à savoir code qui passe le validateur, support qui répond au messages (le forum n'est pas le support des modules Prestashop), véritable notation des produits avec les même contraintes que pour les contributeurs de base, respect des process de mise en avant afin de les contributeurs comprennent pourquoi eux ne sont jamais mis en avant. En gros prenez conscience de l'injustice ressentie par les contributeurs et non ce n'est pas une vue de l'esprit et même si je vous embête depuis des années car malgré tout je suis encore là, les nouveaux ne seront peut être pas aussi tolérants car comme vous vous plaisez à l'annoncer, vous êtes une grosse entreprise avec ces devoir envers la communauté qui vous a permit d'exister, car nous nous avons déjà fait le boulot en vous aidant à arriver à ce niveau. Et comme tu peut le constater je ne suis plus le seul à gueuler fortement contre vous Prestashop ! alors croyez vous vraiment que je suis un fou sorti de l'asile rien que pour vous embêter ? ou est ce que nous sommes payés par la concurrence pour essayer de vous déstabiliser (allez avouez le minic et dreamtheme)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your sacrifice to come here one weekend at the end of 7 years it was time that a guy of the Team discovers a them our lives.

Ah yes wish I annoys me even more to translate into English history recalled that this script is french that 90% of employees are french, but the French Community died and depressed eyes. Ah thin this must be a critique... Oh no easy a finding because what I tell are just nothing more findings.

Therefore Prestashop invites me to discuss and understand the discontent of a part of the Community (8 persons French) and I should refuse? and not, I'm well educated, when I have opportunity to discuss the concerns felt directly with the person concerned, I have the courtesy to respond positively to the invitation, and I believe that we have all done in the same vein, escalate directly any concerns encountered for years with the solution that currently causes the leak from our customers to other solutions. Stupidly we took time to prepare this meeting bringing together in order to develop better our time of presence on the premises of Prestashop. And... the meeting took place, this team we announce full of things and... nothing, strictly nothing has been complied with upon our return. So we politely waited, revived, recalled the commitments made at this meeting and... nothing. So we start to talk directly to the community to open their eyes to the current deplorable state of the solution and its environment and the only response from the Team is to go for the guys who have nothing understood, which are of charlots, the impostor, liars.

So not Emmanuel, I will not let my place and I'm even more surprised by your reply "I had no. time to follow the communication about this day, but you can be sure that everything discussed is in our mind" because the first sentence of BL during his opening speech of the meeting was (bullshit) to the attention of the community that Prestashop went further develop the relationship with the community , that the community will be value... and therefore 2 months days for days after this meeting not the lesser official return on this meeting from the speech was capital.

After the speech announcing the quality of code, compliance with this Charter of quality to satisfy customers... Blah blah blah, I find this as being a very beautiful speech marketing but in makes it no matter what.

Perso I had refused for no escaped or cast variable modules, but in 50% of cases these variables have no need of this and so foolishly applied the things we not optimize but it slowed down the solution... who does not needs our modules to be slowed down due to poor quality code.

In addition we have difficulty accepting to readjust the 4 mornings for new stuff without doc, then Prestashop code that violates any rule or modules. 2 2 weight measurements, but now that you have made the choice to be in direct competition with the community or your partner, it would be polite to apply you ls even rules, i.e. code that passes the validator, support that responds to the messages (the forum is not support for Prestashop modules), real rating of products with the same constraints as for core contributors , respect for the process of implementation forward to contributors include why they are never put forward. Wholesale to take consciousness of injustice felt by contributors and no this is not a view of mind and even if I bother you for years because despite everything I'm still here, will be the new can be not as tolerant because as you're enjoying to announce it, you are a big company with such duty to the community that you allowed to exist , because we we have already done the job in helping you arrive at this level. And as you can see I am no longer alone in hollering strongly against you Prestashop! so do you really think I'm a fool out of asylum nothing to bother? or is what we are paid by the competition to try to destabilize you (will admit the minic and dreamtheme)

Well, if you don't want to take the time to write your message in english and just Google Translate it, it's your choice. That's funny because "we don't care" about the community but that's not us writing in French. Yes most of the community is French, but today we have devs all over the world! So, parlons français, to make sure they can't understand a word! You are not the only dev, Tanguy, not everything is about you, so open you mind. Yes 90% of the employees are french but we write in english to make sure all the devs around the world can read us, and we do most of our communication in multi-langs. And btw, the PrestaShop day is in France, but like you said, it's only to say that everything is ok. No need to come, I will send you the resume, in french.

When I say that I had no time to follow the subject, that's just me. And only me. But that's because I had to take time to explain to contributors why we declined their modules (including you). Remember the rules we discussed earlier?

Do you realize that it takes time to apply what we discussed during this meeting? Like it takes time to apply our rules to our old code? We do not have 1 or 2 modules like you. But if you want, take a look at our new modules on Addons, and you will see that we follow our rules. Yes we do. We are in 2015, not 7 years ago.

For you, when we tell you something, it has to be done for yesterday. Open your eyes, we are not anymore a small startup and we can't do everything in one hour.

I'm sure Bruno will be glad to see that his speech was nothing than 'bullshit' for you. Like everything we do. Everyday. Isn't it?

Sabrina, that's not fair. You were declined for two reasons : Security and the validator. We can't accept new submissions with security issues and security must be one of the priority for every devs. The validator is available since a long time, and I know that the rules are evolving over the time but your errors are old errors! And you still submitted it!

If you fixed your modules a few months ago, when we asked to follow the validator, we would not be having this conversation today.

So when you say that we will always find a new reason to decline, that's wrong. If you follow the rules, the validator, and have no security issues, the chances that your module is declined are really thin. Try and you will see.

Emmanuel, YOU are not fair !

My modules were declined first for security issues which were XSS vulnerabilities in the back-office.

Although those vulnerabilities are not critical in the back-office (because it is rare that the merchant inject himself malicious code...) and that those vulnerabilities are not signaled by the validator, I corrected them.

Then, whereas my modules had ZERO security warnings in the validator, you refused them again just because they use globals.

And the use of globals are the ONLY warnings in the validator for my modules ! The rest is entirely valid !

And I speak only about what happened those 2 last days, but it is like that since a very long time.

Anyway Emmanuel, you don't listen to what we say : the problem is not the fact that you indicate corrections to apply to our modules, the problem is the fact that you indicate a correction, and then when we have corrected it and submitted again our modules, you indicate another correction, and again and again and again...

Is it so hard to indicated those corrections ALL AT ONCE and so avoid the contributors to spend their days to work again and again on their modules ?

That is just a big waste of time and to me it is not possible to work like that.

You should do a brainstorming in the validation team to fix the rules that must be followed for submission and stop to accept a module a day and not another whereas the code has not changed...

• Like 1

Sabrina, I really don't know what to say anymore.

We decline most of the time because of the 3 following reasons:

- External links

- Validator

- Security

While for the 1st and the 2nd reason you had no excuses (remember, you have 2 boxes to check when you submit a module), the 3rd can't be checked with the validator, this is why we have a manual validation. So, if you cleared all the errors from links and validator, the only decline you can get is security. You didn't cleared all blocking errors on validator, so don't be surprised. And I tell you this because I know it, I am the origin of several declines of your modules.

Now, I didn't mentioned it earlier but we are working to improve validation (speed and quality). We are almost 10 people checking modules and while someone can accept a module, another one can think it's not ok. This is also why we have rules, to make sure contributors AND validators stick to it. But like gamification, we wait for the redesign.

If you decide to resubmit your modules someday, try to just respect our terms, the validator, the security and you will see that everything is ok with the validation.

@ Emmanuel M.

Thank you for the replay, that is the spirit i want to see :) keep it up. And also guys speak more often with the developers on the forums and on the dev blog this can improve things greatly. Post the ideas like you said for discussions openly to the developers.  :)

• Like 1

@Krystian And I'm always glad to be part of it :) To find solutions and to help the community when it's possible!

@DreamTheme I know that we must be more available but we miss time. I will do my best to be more often here. Do not hesitate to send me a message if you need me on any topic (PM or @scritik), or you can send us a message via the contact form > I have a problem with my seller account!

:)

• Like 4