Any Akeneo Users?

Gamestech

Hi,

Was wondering if there's any users of the Akeneo PIM System (www.akeneo.com) here?

We're looking to develop a Prestashop connector and was wondering if anyone had gone down that road already so we're not reinventing the wheel.

Hey

thats funny just wanted to ask the same question and looked for the right place to ask.

Yes I am using Akeneo for well over 3 months now and I am really statisfied the way it makes business easier.

I started with some basics for a connector but did not had enough time yet to get used to Symfony2.

And since the documantation on akeneos site is very poor, it seems very time consuming.

Anyway I would be happy to contribute. Maybe someone could create a github repo?!

EDIT: In case anyone wonders what akeneo acutally is.

Akeneo is a PIM (Product Information Management) Software. LINK

If you have a huge catalog of products to handle that are sold in different countries with different languages over different sales channels, this is what you need.

Its open source, but quite hard to customize.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, I am happy to help out.

Edited by thepan (see edit history)

Hello!

Thank you for this valuable feedback (I'm working in the Akeneo Core Team).

You can find some cookbooks on how to create a connector here http://docs.akeneo.com/latest/cookbook/import_export/index.html

We know that the tech doc is a bit poor but we're continuously trying to improve it, BTW contribution is welcomed ;)

Don't hesitate to open a new topic on Akeneo's forum if you've any questions on the connector implementation http://www.akeneo.com/forums/forum/importexport-connectors/

Opening a github repository is also a good idea, we'll be glad to help you on the development of this new connector!

BR

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Yes, we're on the learning path with Symfony2 and I see that Akeneo have just released a more featured Magento connector. It would be nice to be able to develop something along the same lines eventually.

Be interested to know how far anyone has got doing something similar.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...