Populating address in one page checkout

yesdev

New work on our site has meant I've now developed a really, really simple soft registration sequence to help counteract cart abandonment.

The good news so far is:

• We can correctly capture & set people up as potential customers with just their name & email address

The dilemma is that:

• We need to have the address for the customer set once they are on the /quick-order page & registered. Not before.

So I've done some work refactoring the ParentOrderController & order-opc files to suit. This is the sequence we have:

• It creates an account & if you have something in the cart, will return you to the cart page (/quick-order aka order-opc.tpl).
  • As you haven't entered an address, we've hidden the shipping & payment options. This works as planned
  • You can add an address as you're already midway through the checkout sequence from the /quick-order page.
  • This then redirects you to the Address class / control functionality where you can enter an address successfuly.
  • Upon redirect back to the one page checkout, the system fails.

The system is failing to recognise an address has been entered into the system, even though when running with the Smarty Debug Console, $formattedAddresses,  $delivery & $address_collection has been correctly set.

I've commented out the redirects to the Address page if a customers address hasn't been set in the cart & set a new smarty variable based on the Bad_delivery variable inside the ParentOrderController. PS Build is 1.5.6.1

Obviously I'm missing something that passes the smarty address variables back into the one page checkout sequence. Anyone know what they are?

Edited by yesdev (see edit history)