Time To First Byte of 1,6 seconds on prestashop 1.6.0.14 - site is visibly slower

sabin

After updating from prestashop 1.5 to 1.6.0.14 my site has started to have an average of 1,5 seconds TTFB

I am not sure if it is because of the installed theme or prestashop 1.6 is slower in response.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to decrease this time, it is annoying for the customers because the site has a visible lag when browsing and from what I read it is also bad for SEO.

I have to say that I properly set the Performace Settings from the admin panel.

the site is: www.alternative-naturiste.ro

here is the link to Google Page Speed:

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alternative-naturiste.ro%2F&tab=desktop

• Like 1

Yes, it's because Prestashop 1.6 is a much more complex piece of software than what 1.5 was.

Do you have your website on a shared hosting or on a VPS/dedicated server? This will have a great impact on performance since prestashop consumes a lot of server resources (CPU, RAM and I/O).

• Like 1

Yes, it's because Prestashop 1.6 is a much more complex piece of software than what 1.5 was.

Do you have your website on a shared hosting or on a VPS/dedicated server? This will have a great impact on performance since prestashop consumes a lot of server resources (CPU, RAM and I/O).

I have the site hosted on a shared server. It is such a great difference in Time To First Byte between a shared server and a dedicated one?

I am not sure, in terms of speed 1.7 seconds TTFB it is acceptable or it is bad for google ranking?
Does the El Patron's modules JavaPro for Front Office will greatly reduce TTFB ?

Thank you very much in advanced for your answer.

you can get important information about your page render 

open file config/defines.inc.php

set this to true

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

visit your slow page(s), collect and analyze the information.

re javapro, if you are running javascript top as defined in (1.6) back office-->adanced parms-->performance then javapro would not be needed.

If you are running 1.5 or you can not run 1.6 with javascript bottom, then javapro will 'significantly' decrease above the fold page render time.

• Like 1

you can get important information about your page render 

open file config/defines.inc.php

set this to true

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

visit your slow page(s), collect and analyze the information.

re javapro, if you are running javascript top as defined in (1.6) back office-->adanced parms-->performance then javapro would not be needed.

If you are running 1.5 or you can not run 1.6 with javascript bottom, then javapro will 'significantly' decrease above the fold page render time.

Thank you for the advice, I will try this aproach.

• Like 1