Contact form problems with gmail addresses

theillo

When I use my contact form and enter a gmail address, I receive an error message ( the error message from Line 197 from file \controllers\front\ContactController.php )

I hit the send button again, it shows a success message, and sends the "your message has been successfully sent" email. But I don't receive email notification that I have a new inquire on the admin email.

No problems with gmx addresses. 

So again:

Putting Gmail addresses in contact form:

• takes 2 tries to send
  • does not send a notification to the admin

I assume what messes it up is "spoofing" I've had that before where I tried to set the "from" email address to a gmail address and that caused it to fail. So it could be relatively specific to my server. But I'd assume others have this problem, too. 

I wish I had the time and energy right now to analyze this cluster f**k of code that triggers the error, but I don't. No offense... Isn't there supposed to be a rule "if a function has more then 3 arguments, pass the arguments as an object or an associative array"? I'm no code pro, but I'm just sayin'... I KNOW you're not supposed to make a line longer than fits on the screen. This doesn't fit on my 22" monitor. Anyways...

Here is how the error gets triggered:

\controllers\front\ContactController.php line 197

if (empty($contact->email))
						Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', ((isset($ct) && Validate::isLoadedObject($ct)) ? sprintf(Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent #ct%1$s #tc%2$s'), $ct->id, $ct->token) : Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent')), $var_list, $from, null, null, null, $file_attachment);
					else
					{
						if (!Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact', Mail::l('Message from contact form').' [no_sync]',
							$var_list, $contact->email, $contact->name, $from, ($customer->id ? $customer->firstname.' '.$customer->lastname : ''),
									$file_attachment) ||
								!Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', ((isset($ct) && Validate::isLoadedObject($ct)) ? sprintf(Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent #ct%1$s #tc%2$s'), $ct->id, $ct->token) : Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent')), $var_list, $from, null, $contact->email, $contact->name, $file_attachment))
									$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An error occurred while sending the message.  Please try resending.');
					}

I added the part where it says "please try resending"