Prestashop as POS

tomntech

Question

Dear community,

I am currently doing some work for a client who is looking for a POS system. Having investigated a number of systems to date I feel the power of PrestShop could be of use. 

The ideal would be that I could set my client up with a PrestaShop site and as he sells items in his physical store, he just adds them to the cart online. Once he has added them to the cart he should be able to select checkout, associate a customer (if it is a regular customer) and then print/save a pdf invoice.

Is the above possible?

4 answers to this question

Use the native possibility to add manual orders on your back-office Tab orders -> orders -> on right top the plus sign "+".

For to use POS you will need to have access to your database from outside (not possible with Prestashop Cloud), or a certified module you can buy at the add-ons managing POS. Other way is not possible to run POS on Prestashop Cloud. You should take into consideration that the Cloud Project is only for users with now extra needs as to use the software out of the box.

If you need own adaptations, so this free hosting service does not fulfil your needs. For more flexibility it is better you look for a paid hosting package. ;)

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1