Searching orders by the products they contain.

R. Svinding

Hi there...

We desperately need a module (or function) that allows us to search orders depending on the products that they contain.

E.g.

A product we sell has some new and important information that we need (and are obligated) to pass on to the customers who bought it.

But... as of right now.. there NO way we can create a search and actually find the customers who bought that product :(

However...There is a "workaround".

The Newsletter Pro module can sort recipients depending on the products that they've bought... but.. OMG it a hazzle to do it this way around.

Can it really be true that there is no such module that can perform a search like that ??

Do you have many, many orders or per product say about 20 or 30 or so?

I could think of a simple, quick fix, but it may give a long order-IDs list on the catalog->products pages if you have tens/hundreds of orders per product, making it messy.

I'll show you the result, and let me know if this would work for you.

post-455771-0-44845300-1429428655_thumb.png

pascal

(P.S. Free, Additional 'feature' of this solution is that you could export these product-ID/order-IDs relationship by just clicking the export button top right of the grid :-)    )

Edited by PascalVG (see edit history)

Other option would be to use the SQL manager and make some similar list for all products. This would be preferable when having many orders per product, as it wouldn't clutter the catalog->products list

Let me know,

pascal

Add the following SQL to SQL Manager and do an export (you can tweak the SQL to your needs). As is, it exports id_product, id_product_attribute, product_name, list of orders' IDs that contain that product:

//replace PREFIX with your actual prefix
SELECT product_id, product_attribute_id, product_name, GROUP_CONCAT(id_order SEPARATOR ', ') AS orders FROM PREFIX_order_detail group by product_name order by product_id, product_attribute_id
Edited by SimoneS93 (see edit history)

Do you have many, many orders or per product say about 20 or 30 or so?

I could think of a simple, quick fix, but it may give a long order-IDs list on the catalog->products pages if you have tens/hundreds of orders per product, making it messy.

I'll show you the result, and let me know if this would work for you.

attachicon.gifOrder-IDs in catalog-products list.png

pascal

(P.S. Free, Additional 'feature' of this solution is that you could export these product-ID/order-IDs relationship by just clicking the export button top right of the grid :-)    )

Hi PascalVG

It's kindda the "other way around" I need.

I need a seach that shows only the orders containing that specific product. Not a list of products thats shows what orders they appear in :o)

And yes... there could be hundreds (and even thousands through a year) with the same products on the orders.

The client sells baby-equipment and some products are very popular. At the moment they have approx. 110 orders per day.

The ideal solution:

1 searchfield...

1 dropdown-selector that indocates where yyou want to search (so it wouldn't have to go through the entire database and tables. E.g. "Customers, adresses, orders, products" etc.

And then.. a magic button that creates.. well.. magic :o)

Hasn't anyone else requested this before? (NOT the magic button.. i know they have  ;)  )

• 3 years later...

With Prestools you can see which orders there were for a certain product and you can even export the email addresses of those customers. (enable the statistics-revenue field in product-edit and click on the value; Prestools is free.) . However, I would recommend that for a few hundred orders at most. When you have many thousands as the original post asked you will need to build a tool by yourself.

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2018 at 12:01 AM, musicmaster said:

With Prestools you can see which orders there were for a certain product and you can even export the email addresses of those customers. (enable the statistics-revenue field in product-edit and click on the value; Prestools is free.) . However, I would recommend that for a few hundred orders at most. When you have many thousands as the original post asked you will need to build a tool by yourself.

Thanks, this made my day! How would we go about to see items reserved? Would that even be a possibility in Prestools (since the current stock-handling in 1.7 doesn't allow us to sort by "reserved" as a field...)?

On 6/18/2020 at 10:22 PM, gorkij77 said:

Thanks, this made my day! How would we go about to see items reserved? Would that even be a possibility in Prestools (since the current stock-handling in 1.7 doesn't allow us to sort by "reserved" as a field...)?

I am not sure where I can find "reserved" in Prestashop.

5 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I am not sure where I can find "reserved" in Prestashop.

Well, either it's counted or it's a variable, but have a gander at my screendump. Physical minus reserved equals available, but there's no good way to find which order a product belongs to bar printing all preorders out on paper and saving them somewhere. Which, of course gets a tad unwieldy after a bit...

Skärmklipp.JPG

1 hour ago, gorkij77 said:

Well, either it's counted or it's a variable, but have a gander at my screendump. Physical minus reserved equals available, but there's no good way to find which order a product belongs to bar printing all preorders out on paper and saving them somewhere. Which, of course gets a tad unwieldy after a bit...

Skärmklipp.JPG

I don't know how you get this. But this is not the standard backoffice layout.

My guess is that reserved concerns products in active carts that haven't checked out yet.

4 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

I don't know how you get this. But this is not the standard backoffice layout.

My guess is that reserved concerns products in active carts that haven't checked out yet.

Actually, this is from the 1.7 builds, see the documentation: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Managing+Stock

Mine's translated and sorted by reverse availability, and the Reserved value corresponds to orders placed but not shipped yet - i.e. preorders and currently being picked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...