Visitors see price without tax in prestashop (1.6)

• 2 years later...

We have Tax based on each State and hence before the Login ( visitors or Guests ) the State is not available and hence  price Excluding tax is shown. 

Did you achieve this , do guide 

thanks 

In Customer Tabs I have configurated:

- Visitors: TAX INCLUDED

- Guest :  TAX INCLUDED

- Customer: TAX INCLUDED

Are identical !!

But when you acces to the web, see the PRICE without TAX. :wacko:

We have Tax based on each State and hence before the Login ( visitors or Guests ) the State is not available and hence  price Excluding tax is shown. 

Did you achieve this , do guide 

thanks 

If you are using some modules like "tax by state" than it is not possible to manage this, without to know the geolocation of the visitor before knowing his address. So it is normal, that the visitor should login before he can see prices with tax. The geolocation is not refined into states, it is only a general feature. This means: That you need to change the module logic, to have tax also shown for the group visitors WITHOUT knowing Address BEFORE login.

The logic of Prestashop cannot by default distinguish by State, only general by COUNTRY AND Customer Groups.

• Like 1

I agree with the explanation.  Please let me know if my further understanding is right. 

When the Tax value say 12% is valid for "A" State while 6% +6% ( combine) for B State. It Identifies the Value of the State from the Shipping Address and accordingly applies the Tax. In either cases its 12% tax.

Till the time the User has not logged in there is no State and hence no Value is identified for the Tax Rule to Trigger. 

Can We put a Default State Value for each new Session, where the tax Rule gets this value and the Price with Tax is Displayed. When the User logs in , the Current business logic will get the Value from Address and display the tax according to the new value?  Can this be done ? 

please guide. 

If you are using some modules like "tax by state" than it is not possible to manage this, without to know the geolocation of the visitor before knowing his address. So it is normal, that the visitor should login before he can see prices with tax. The geolocation is not refined into states, it is only a general feature. This means: That you need to change the module logic, to have tax also shown for the group visitors WITHOUT knowing Address BEFORE login.

The logic of Prestashop cannot by default distinguish by State, only general by COUNTRY AND Customer Groups.

I agree with the explanation.  Please let me know if my further understanding is right. 

When the Tax value say 12% is valid for "A" State while 6% +6% ( combine) for B State. It Identifies the Value of the State from the Shipping Address and accordingly applies the Tax. In either cases its 12% tax.

Till the time the User has not logged in there is no State and hence no Value is identified for the Tax Rule to Trigger. 

Can We put a Default State Value for each new Session, where the tax Rule gets this value and the Price with Tax is Displayed. When the User logs in , the Current business logic will get the Value from Address and display the tax according to the new value?  Can this be done ? 

please guide. 

Prestasho does not have the logic to sum taxes. You have only the possibility for one tax per product (added directly to each product base data). All other rules are customized work.