Images not showing up when upload

nicosanman

Hi all!

I'm having a problem with my PrestaShop. Everything was working fine but now i'm having a problem uploading images.

When I create a new product and add a picture, I have this error when I try to view it in front (the image):

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /img/p/4/8/8/2/4882-large_default.jpg on this server.

I can see my picture uploaded in the server, so it's not an upload problem. Its about frontend.

I thought that maybe could be a permission problem, but all my others images had the same (0644) and work fine.

Image working: http://tresheraccesorios.com/img/p/6/6/7/667-large_default.jpg

Image not working: http://tresheraccesorios.com/img/p/4/8/8/2/4882-large_default.jpg

Thank you in advance :)

Seems that your folder AND sub-folders of /img don't have enough writing/reading permissions.

Please check with filezilla and change the permissions for your folder /img and all sub-folders of /img to CHMOD 0755 at least. All files in these folders should be have not more than 0644 for security reasons.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Seems that your folder AND sub-folders of /img don't have enough writing/reading permissions.

Please check with filezilla and change the permissions for your folder /img and all sub-folders of /img to CHMOD 0755 at least. All files in these folders should be have not more than 0644 for security reasons.

Hi there! Thank you for your reply :)

I checked img/ and all subfolders, they all have 0755. Also, when I upload the image, prestashop create new folders and they have 0755 too. It's very weird.

Prestashop don't create new folders. The folder /img is a native folder and it contains by default 16 subfolders and 14 files (see screen attached).

If you install new modules, so the module creates his own /img folder at /modules/newmoduleinstalled/img. Here perhaps when you add images it could be possible that the module adds a new sub-folder.

But this does not apply to the native /img folder on which you will find all images for products, cms, for suppliers, etc...

post-741527-0-85138100-1429037429_thumb.jpg

Prestashop don't create new folders. The folder /img is a native folder and it contains by default 16 subfolders and 14 files (see screen attached).

If you install new modules, so the module creates his own /img folder at /modules/newmoduleinstalled/img. Here perhaps when you add images it could be possible that the module adds a new sub-folder.

But this does not apply to the native /img folder on which you will find all images for products, cms, for suppliers, etc...

I understand what you said. Thank you!

Anyway, all my products folders have 0755 permission. I dont know what could cause this problem.

AH... now I know what you are telling. You are speking about the 4/4/8/2. Yes this is correct and has a logic structure. The connection is the ID of the product. Product with ID 4882 is written in folder /p/4/8/8/2 ;)

According to the growth of your shop the sub-folders are growing too(from 1 to 9)

Can you please name me the products on which you are having problem with the pictures, i order to check them ? Only LARGE is making troubles ? If yes, you should take into consideration to reindex the product pictures for LARGE. Perhaps your server had a time out while creating the picture _LARGE.

Can you please name me the products on which you are having problem with the pictures, i order to check them ? Only LARGE is making troubles ? If yes, you should take into consideration to reindex the product pictures for LARGE. Perhaps your server had a time out while creating the picture _LARGE.

I thought about that, but the image im using for test in these 3 prods only has 4kb size.

ID 3515 p/4/8/8/3 Collar con triple fila suelta de hilo negro con argollitas plateadas
ID 3516 p/4/8/8/4 Collar con triple fila suelta de hilo negro con argollitas plateadas y doradas
ID 3517 p/4/8/8/5 Collar con triple fila suelta de hilo negro con argollitas doradas

See attached from admin! At products list, shows up. But inside the product, it brokes..like front.

post-987815-0-59080900-1429039593_thumb.jpg

The break could be a server restriction problem (too less max_excution_time set or less memory_limit). Than the script breaks and the image is not uploaded completely to the folders. Can you please send me the link of the products making troubles ?

Which memory_limit and max_xecution_time is your server set to ?

You should regenerate your product images. They are really broken. They are available, but empty with 0KB. See screen attached.

If there is a CHMOD problem (access denied) so you will have error 403 on the console, but I have no code and 0KB, which is a problem of the picture and not with writing/reading rights.

How to regenerate pictures: TAB "preferences -> images -> regenerate images -> products -> all, remain rest setting (only change to NO, when server does not complete the reindexation process).

If the regeneration does not help, you should contact your provider, perhaps there are some restrictions on your host concerning traffic or webspace size.

post-741527-0-30209200-1429083201_thumb.jpg