[JOB OFFER] Need a module developed to reduce stock based on attribute value

5haun

Hi

We need a module developed to reduce stock based on a products attribute value.

Here's what I mean:

Example

Product 'X' has 4000 in stock. It also has 3 attributes with - 20 liters, 100 liters and 2000 litres - all with advanced stock management.

If a customer purchases product X at 100 litres the stock must be reduced by the same amount. So 4000 - 100 - 3900 in stock after purchase instead of counting the attribute as 1 in quantity.

So essentially we need to replace the "Quantity" box on the product.tpl page here:

1xCncab.jpg

and the customer will only have access to the dropdown/radio buttons for the attributes.

Let me know.

I think you need to think about your product setup to tell you the truth. I would be happy to develop the module and make some money, but here is the real fix in getting creative with the combinations. Each size that you sell would be be a product. However, when you present it to a user, it would be the combination. 

There is also another option. Don't use quantity as it is. Internally, treat 1L as the quantity number. When you show quantity, its actually another attribute. This of course requires more code, but its doable if you already have the products setup a certain way and can't change them.

Paul

I think you need to think about your product setup to tell you the truth. I would be happy to develop the module and make some money, but here is the real fix in getting creative with the combinations. Each size that you sell would be be a product. However, when you present it to a user, it would be the combination. 

There is also another option. Don't use quantity as it is. Internally, treat 1L as the quantity number. When you show quantity, its actually another attribute. This of course requires more code, but its doable if you already have the products setup a certain way and can't change them.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for you suggestions. We have however, already got someone to start developing this

Thanks anyway

Edited by 5haun (see edit history)

• 1 month later...