[SOLVED] Default country bug?

Is there a bug and if so maybe a workaround for this strange behaviour:
If I use Internet Explorer when registering a new user in my shop the suggested country is El Salvador, in Firefox it suggests the country specified as default in BO, Sweden.
Now, the ISO code for El Salvador is SV, which happens to be the code for Swedish, while the code for Sweden is SE. I don't know if this is at all relevant but it seems a little bit too much of a coincident...

Edit: Changed faulty title

/Mats

Hi Mats
Have the same problem...
but is not smart enough to understand the solution... :red:
I tried to edit the Sweden country in the list of Countries and changed SE to something with suffix... but either it remains SE or the change is rejected...

Could you please describe more exactly how to change SE?

Many thanks
/Roger

Yes everybody with Sweden as default has this problem, or rather all their customers who use the Swedish version of IE6, IE7, or IE8 has this problem.

Since it's a bug in IE, and the fix I did was in the client software (Verktyd, Internetalternativ, Språk), I later hardcoded it in PS instead.

In themes dir/authentication.tpl this is the relevant code:

{foreach from=$countries item=v}
{$v.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
{/foreach}

Where 18 is the id of Sweden, you have something else there right now that contains something that comes from IE somehow, and you MAY have to change it to something else than 18 depending on what Sweden is defined to in your installation.

There is quite possibly a more beautiful way to fix this, but whatever works...

/Mats