Is PS 1.5.4.1 compatible php 5.6 ?

I have a PS 1.5.4.1. running fine on php 5.3.10 and I wish to upgrade my server to php 5.6 (mainly to avoid safe_mod issues).

So my question is: will PS run correctly on php 5.6.? Are there known issues? I could find no info on the forum.

Thank in advance for your help!

• Like 1

Well, lets think about this question and apply some common sense

PS 1.5.4.1 was released on April 25, 2013

https://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions#previous-version

PHP 5.6.0 was released on August 28, 2014

http://php.net/releases/

So logically, PHP 5.6 did not even exist when this version of Prestashop was released, so while it may work, you run the risk that Prestashop or the modules you have installed are using PHP features that no longer exist. 

Its called deprecation, and functions or features that are deprecated are eventually removed.  So you need to review the change logs for PHP 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 and see what features/functions were removed, and then see if Prestashop and/or your modules are using these removed features.

The easier thing would be to test your site using WAMP and PHP 5.6 and just see if it works.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

What bellini13 is saying is technically incorrect. According to semantic versioning, PHP 5.6.x should be backwards compatible (i.e. it should work) with any code written for any previous version of PHP 5.x.x

If this wasn't the case then the major version would be incremented (e.g. PHP 7.x.x)