[SOLVED] Availability text issue

Runge1980

Have a little issue regarding the availability shoving for the products.

But can’t find out if it’s the theme that has an impact on this? or general settings.

See the attached files

The one is marked saying the product is available in different options.

And the one with cables is not saying.

The only deferens in the 2 availabilitys is different colures and the other different lengths

Regards Lasse

post-739061-0-03868400-1428621809_thumb.jpg

post-739061-0-17426900-1428621820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Runge1980 (see edit history)

Yes know that. but it's not that. the one you are talking about is the text regardin in/out of stock.

The problem is in the product listing. On the list you can't see is it is available in other measurements, you have to go to the produkt page before you have that option.   

Maybe.

But the issue is it's only showing at the powerbank produkt (Pic1) and not on any othe pages. Regarding if it's color or length. in products where there are different colours available you get the little boxes shoving in the bottom right corner with available colours. That means the costumer can see this product comes in different colours, so that's fine.

But if your product comes in different lengths there is only the text here that says it. but can not figure out where to activate it.

It should just show automatik that there are other availabilities automatik, like the colours do.

Maybe I am explaining it wrong  :blink:

In the category i have some sub categories.

Here there is a list of products, and some of them come in different colors and other in different lengths.

Only in the product combinations with different colors I get a indication that it's available in different combinations, as the color boxes show in right bottom corner.

But where i have products that are available in different lengths, there is no indikation of that. So it looks like there is only one product available

See this link  

and here it indicates the are different availabilities as it's shown with the color boxes AND text "Produkt fås med forskellige muligheder" translated to english it means "Product available with different options"

And i would mean that the text should show automatik if you made a product combination that is lengths determined. Otherwise people don't have a chance to see the product is available in other lengths.

I Haven't made any changes to the store other then a new theme.

And it's only in the power bank product it looks right.  

Regards Lasse

Hi

Don't know what version of PS you are using but in 1.6 go to

- Preferences->Products in Backoffice

- under "Product Page" heading, see "Display unavailable product attributes on the product page" and "Display the "add to cart" button when a product has attributes".

Try that out. If I understand you correctly, this may have something to do with what you're wanting to achieve.

Hi

- under "Product Page" heading, see "Display unavailable product attributes on the product page" and "Display the "add to cart" button when a product has attributes".

Try that out. If I understand you correctly, this may have something to do with what you're wanting to achieve.

Hi

All this is aktivated

Hi

Compare the two products at all levels in the Backoffice. Under each different tab, check all the data to see what is different.

Also the Combination records have an "Availability Date" field which may have a value in which is stopping the display of this message.

Finally, if all else fails, look at the code in the product.tpl template page and product.js as there may be something in the code which is specific for the colour.

Hi

Compare the two products at all levels in the Backoffice. Under each different tab, check all the data to see what is different.

Also the Combination records have an "Availability Date" field which may have a value in which is stopping the display of this message.

Finally, if all else fails, look at the code in the product.tpl template page and product.js as there may be something in the code which is specific for the colour.

tryed that, but it looks the same...... No one with a idea?

Can you make screenshots of Quantity tab for both products.

To me it looks like blue powerbank is default combination and qty is 0 so it display that message

on product list. Kabel have all combinations qty greater then 0.

If I go to Powerbank 5000 mAh page and write in JS console - console.log(combinations); I see that the default combination (blue) for this product has 0 quantity.

That is why you don't have that text displayed on category page - the default combination is not in stock.

Try to add some quantities for blue color or change the default combination and you will see that the text will appear.

Can you make screenshots of Quantity tab for both products.

To me it looks like blue powerbank is default combination and qty is 0 so it display that message

on product list. Kabel have all combinations qty greater then 0.

Hi Razaro.

You where right about it.

But that dosen't make things better :-)

My point is i need some kind og indikation that ex kabels are avalible in different lengths. Otherwise coustomers see it as one produkt.

If you have a produkt that comes in diffrent colors, there is an indikation with small boxes showing the colurs avalible for the product. So that's great.

But there is Nothing indicating it if the attributs are length.

Edited by Runge1980 (see edit history)

Sorry maybe I am not following all correctly.

You want for that HDMI Kabel to display  all available lengths, like  2m, 5m, 10m ?

Do not think customers have issue with dropdown but you can change that.

Set length attribute group to display as radio buttons so options are seen,

or even you can set it as Color or texture, but use small images with text 2m, 5m, 10m on them.

Sorry maybe I am not following all correctly.

You want for that HDMI Kabel to display  all available lengths, like  2m, 5m, 10m ?

Do not think customers have issue with dropdown but you can change that.

Set length attribute group to display as radio buttons so options are seen,

or even you can set it as Color or texture, but use small images with text 2m, 5m, 10m on them.

It's not om the produkt page the problem is. Here there is a dropdown menu. And the Customer can see it comes in diffrent lengths.

But in eg. the category HDMI there is no indikation, see this link http://techstore.dk/31-hdmi-kabler

Here you can just see the item and the lowest price. So it looks like one produkt.

I am missing some kind og indikation that it comes in diffrent lengths.

And i am using the color attribut as an example see this link http://techstore.dk/14-iphone-44s

When you look at the produkt page you see the covers come in different colors.

And there must be a indikation in PS that shows some kind of text when the attribute is length right?

Ah on product list page, sorry.

Yes that is set just for color, and like I suggested maybe to try to change length attribute from 

dropdown to color, but add image with 2m, 5m , 10m text. Then it will show "color" at product list page.

But you would need those boxes bit bigger.

Other solution is some of paid modules, think there are 2-3 similar that display attributes on product list

so dropdown or radio,and some other options. Like 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/79758-module-product-list-attributes-allow-selection-of-attributes-on-category-manufacturer-search/

but think there are few more.

Ah on product list page, sorry.

Yes that is set just for color, and like I suggested maybe to try to change length attribute from 

dropdown to color, but add image with 2m, 5m , 10m text. Then it will show "color" at product list page.

But you would need those boxes bit bigger.

Other solution is some of paid modules, think there are 2-3 similar that display attributes on product list

so dropdown or radio,and some other options. Like 

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/79758-module-product-list-attributes-allow-selection-of-attributes-on-category-manufacturer-search/

but think there are few more.

Thx... you understod it :-)

think i am going for 1 suggestion..

But must say I'm getting a little Disapointet of PS the longer I use it.

After my opinion there are just to many things/options missing in it.

Like this issue here... it should be standard that you could use length like color. As this i some of the must used values.

Other ex. the OPC is not very userfrendly, as it's to long.

And invoice billing is also missing.

So for me it is annoying you have to buy this and that module to get a propper shop. 

Well issue with attributes on product list is that you could have 10, 20, 50 products in list and

if each have couple of attributes that generate 100, 200 1000 combinations.  So it could slow down a page a bit.

In your case there are not many products/combinations so you are safe.

For other things, bit off topic, yeah it is not perfect and have issues, and some businesses need features that are not there.

OPC I agree and think it have lot of votes on Forge to be improved. Invoice billing yeah think  there are some paid modules,

and not sure if any partner free module have that. 

Well issue with attributes on product list is that you could have 10, 20, 50 products in list and

if each have couple of attributes that generate 100, 200 1000 combinations.  So it could slow down a page a bit.

In your case there are not many products/combinations so you are safe.

For other things, bit off topic, yeah it is not perfect and have issues, and some businesses need features that are not there.

OPC I agree and think it have lot of votes on Forge to be improved. Invoice billing yeah think  there are some paid modules,

and not sure if any partner free module have that. 

Ok hehe. Could just be like the attached file. maked with green.

If you see the 2 HDMI products in the pic. you can clearly see the top one is in diffrent lenghts.

post-739061-0-56093700-1429383211_thumb.png