Duplicate (strikethrough) pricing on product page.

Dear reader, 

Since recently I have the issue of duplicate pricing on the product page.

One of which has an strikethrough, though no special price is enabled.(See attached)

I'm thinking this is related with enabling 'round up mode' in Admin>General.

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

post-768721-0-80255300-1428609506_thumb.png

Are you using the default template? Prestashop version?

Hello Nemo,

I'm using a modified 'default-bootstrap' theme in PS 1.6.0.14.

Note, this appears in homepage (also) if I enable specific price (currency) for a product, other unchanged currencies do not show the 'strikethrough'.

Any help where to find the code to change this or solution would be appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

hm, what happens if you modify the  rounding mode?

Hi Nemo,

Nothing happens. However I noticed it happens when I enter a 'specific price'. It is required as I need certain prices in RMB fixed.

A removal of the code that displays this 'strikethrough' price should be sufficient for now, as the shop does not have any promotions at the moment. Do you know where to search for the code?

Regards,

Richard

It should be this, product.tpl

<p id="old_price"{if (!$product->specificPrice || !$product->specificPrice.reduction) && $group_reduction == 0} class="hidden"{/if}>{strip}
									{if $priceDisplay >= 0 && $priceDisplay <= 2}
										{hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="old_price"}
										<span id="old_price_display">{if $productPriceWithoutReduction > $productPrice}<span class="price">{convertPrice price=$productPriceWithoutReduction}</span>{if $tax_enabled && $display_tax_label == 1} {if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}{/if}{/if}</span>
									{/if}
								{/strip}</p>

It should be this, product.tpl

<p id="old_price"{if (!$product->specificPrice || !$product->specificPrice.reduction) && $group_reduction == 0} class="hidden"{/if}>{strip}
										{hook h="displayProductPriceBlock" product=$product type="old_price"}
										<span id="old_price_display">{if $productPriceWithoutReduction > $productPrice}<span class="price">{convertPrice price=$productPriceWithoutReduction}</span>{if $tax_enabled && $display_tax_label == 1} {if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}{/if}{/if}</span>
									{/if}
								{/strip}</p>

Thanks Nemo, your solution worked.

I changed "product->specificPrice.reduction) && $group_reduction" to zero and it works on the product page now. I'll look for the  similar code in the other TPL files.

EDIT: Also in product-list.tpl I unquoted the following (2x):

<span class="old-price product-price">
{displayWtPrice p=$product.price_without_reduction}
</span>

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Nihelan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Nemo, 

I have the exact same issue as Nihelan, I tried updating the code as per your reco, but nothing changes. 

I initially only had this issue in list view, I fixed that and now that I updated my Specific Prices for the second time due to currency fluctuations, it shows in the product page. It only shows for products where I try to update the Specific Price to a new value. I use PS 1.6.1.4. and my current code is the below one: 

<p id="old_price"{if !$product->specificPrice || !$product->specificPrice.reduction} class="hidden"{/if}>

<span id="old_price_display">{if $productPriceWithoutReduction > $productPrice}{convertPrice price=$productPriceWithoutReduction}{/if}</span>
<!-- {if $tax_enabled && $display_tax_label == 1}{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}{/if} -->
{/if}
</p>

Any idea how to fix this? 

Many thanks, 
Andreea

Solved, the code that works for me is 

<p id="old_price"{if !$product->specificPrice || !$product->specificPrice.reduction || $product->specificPrice.reduction ==0} class="hidden"{/if}>

<span id="old_price_display">{if $productPriceWithoutReduction > $productPrice}{convertPrice price=$productPriceWithoutReduction}{/if}</span>
<!-- {if $tax_enabled && $display_tax_label == 1}{if $priceDisplay == 1}{l s='tax excl.'}{else}{l s='tax incl.'}{/if}{/if} -->
{/if}
</p>