how to edit product.tpl (newbie)

Hi,

I purchased the "discount countdown pro" module. I dont have background in programming just a little html.. The module says i need to insert this on a hook  {hook h=’productListDiscountCountdown’ product=$product} .. i'm not sure how to do it.. or where i can edit product.tpl.. please help.. thanks

i downloaded the product.tpl and product-list.tpl file from my hostings file folder and opened it via notepad.. i am not sure thought where to position this code

{hook h=’productListDiscountCountdown’ product=$product}

i have no idea what i am doing.. haha.. i positioned it  just to try if there would be any response on the sites appearance and overwrite my filefolder.. but the countdown timer is still out of site.. i purchased it and i thought it would be easy to use.. ;(

• Like 1

i downloaded the product.tpl and product-list.tpl file from my hostings file folder and opened it via notepad.. i am not sure thought where to position this code

i have no idea what i am doing.. haha.. i positioned it  just to try if there would be any response on the sites appearance and overwrite my filefolder.. but the countdown timer is still out of site.. i purchased it and i thought it would be easy to use.. ;(

Are you able to share instruction provided by module here so we can help you further ?

• 2 weeks later...

here is the instructions:

After installation has completed successfully it is necessary to edit your themes product-list.tpl and product.tpl file to call a hook. This hook shortcode
allows the module to display the timer in your product list pages and your product detail page and is a simple and short code.
Add the following short code to both, your product-list.tpl file and product.tpl template files. Add the code wherever you wish the
timer widget to appear:

my prestashop store is www.riverofdreams.asia

i am hoping to have it appear on products and frontpage

tia