Alexandre Carette

How to change email adress account ?

Question

53 answers to this question

It seems like the forum administrators have disabled this feature from IPBoard's AdminCP.

Normally, you would find the option in the "Email & Password" section of your profile settings. But in this forum, this section is named just "Password" and no email change form is visible...

Same here! Notifications are now sent to an old address.

Why can't I change my own e-mail address?

Same here. I was searching my *** off, could not find the Option to change my e-mail for this forum!?

Hi, as of now, it is impossible to change the email adress on the forums, it is why the option was removed.

Changing the email adress messes a lot of things with PrestaShop Cloud and the website databases, so the process is no more available.

Bonjour Sylvain,

J'ai vraiment besoin de changer mon adresse e mail de la base de donnée du forum Prestashop. Je n utilise pas le cloud pour mon site internet. Je ne trouve pas ca normal de ne pas pourvoir modifier ses informations personelles. Il serait bien de pouvoir en parler au reste de la team afin de rendre cette fonctionnalité disponible...

Cordialement

Comme je l'ai dit, ce n'est plus possible, et pas seulement à cause du Cloud. Je reviendrais vers tout le monde lorsque nous serons en mesure de proposer à nouveau des changements d'adresse mail.

• Like 1

This doesn't make any sense and as a result, the functionality of the Prestashop forums has been severely compromised.

@Sylvain: So how does one change their email address?  Saying that it is not possible is not a answer, it is one thing to say the self service option was removed because of technical limitations, but there still needs to be some way to have the address changed...

• Like 3

As of now, one can't. The email is linked so deep at the moment.

If (or when) in the future we change our authentification process so you can change email, I will update you.

Bonjour,

Perso, sur conseil j'ai tenté une lettre recommandée en suivant les recommandations des mentions légales du site.

Dans deux mois je pourrais vous remonter l'info. ( délais légal en France pour la modification )

Bonne journée

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I personally tried a registered letter, following the recommendations of website disclaimer .

In two months I could make you a return ( legal time in France for the modification )

Good day

3pom
  • Like 1

@Sylvain surely there must be a way for a team member to change a registered users' address manually if the new details are provided to them in a personal message?

Especially if the user requesting the change does not have a Prestacloud account.

I don't have any Cloud account. I don't need it, and I don't want it.

I need to change my profile email.

I don't want to build a Space Shuttle.

I don't ask to be the emperor of the Moon.

I just want to change my f*****g profile email.

I can't believe you guys at Prestashop can't figure out how to manage this PRIMARY issue.

Can't believe that someone had the idea to use the profile email as the key element for the account management in database. Never heard anything about indexes?

It's unbelievable, really I'm speechless.

It's like a car which can be turned on, but can't be turned off.

Absurd. This is totally absurd :angry:

• Like 4

As of now, it is still impossible to change email accounts on the forum - I will update you when this will be again possible.

Bonjour,

Perso, sur conseil j'ai tenté une lettre recommandée en suivant les recommandations des mentions légales du site.

Dans deux mois je pourrais vous remonter l'info. ( délais légal en France pour la modification )

Bonne journée

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I personally tried a registered letter, following the recommendations of website disclaimer .

In two months I could make you a return ( legal time in France for the modification )

Good day

3pom

Today I received a notification on my new address

6 Euro for changing an address is expensive but it works

post-184966-0-30801200-1450714789_thumb.jpg

Edited by okom3pom (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Today I received a notification on my new address

6 Euro for changing an address is expensive but it works

Whoo You have to pay to change an email adress on a public forum ?? it that legal ?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

A registered paper letter? Are you kidding me? We're nearly in 2016, not in the middle-ages... A paper letter to ask for a change on an electronic board?!?!?

This is crazy. The whole rest of the universe deals with email changes with zero problems, here the same feature seems to cause a full core collapse.

Well done, "programmers", well done.

• Like 2

Yes it's crazy !

And Sylvain's argument fails because they have changed mine.

Good luck :)
  • Like 1

And Sylvain's argument fails because they have changed mine.

This is what I dislike the most. Being teased this way, mostly on a matter many of us know so well, being professional programmers.

• Like 1

As of now, it is still impossible to change email accounts on the forum - I will update you when this will be again possible.

Impossible is not okom3pom :)

I had to manually log back in to check if there had been a reply this as, of course, I don't receive email notifications any more!

But no, still nothing.

This thread was started in April 2015 so I'm sure many forum subscibers would have had needed to change their email address during this time.

Is anyone in the PS team working on a fix or has it been filed in the too hard basket?

This situation is incredible. I can’t imagine a good reason to justify this issue.

@okom3pom nice idea, i like your letter ;-)

• Like 1

Hi,

I've got news for you.

We will be able to change the mail on users without a PrestaShop Cloud store.

So, I ask you to be patient and by the end of the week I'll be able to provide a step by step process.

Regards,

Great news Sylvain!

Looking forward to hearing more from you at the end of the week.

This issue will still be the most ridicolous one in the whole history of the internet. Being a professional programmer myself, I can't really imagine how someone can be so stupid to design such a system, where the user's email is used as the key index element in a database. This is against all basic rules of database design known to human kind in this galaxy. Please believe me, no offense intended: I say "stupid" in the same way I call myself a stupid, when I do stupid things (it happens).

• Like 2

Hi,

I've got news for you.

So, I ask you to be patient and by the end of the week I'll be able to provide a step by step process.

Regards,

Did you mean the end of last week or this week, Sylvain?

Who knows...

But please remenber that  :

"the worst is never disappointing"

Hi, I've made a new post detailing the instructions for email changes.

Now my apologizes about the delay:
- There was some discussion with our legal team concerning the user verification ;
- There was some days I was not at work.

- To confirm your identity (ie that you are the owner of the account), you must send us your current password ;

that means you can check user password here ??

passwords are not encrypted + salted ?

I think he tries to connect with your account.

It makes me dream ! Send password unencrypted it's a nice joke or not?

That means we will try to connect using your credentials. It is why we are asking you to change it after.

It's not perfect I reckon, but this is a way to be sure the account owner is actually wanting the change.

Regards,

That means we will try to connect using your credentials. It is why we are asking you to change it after.

It's not perfect I reckon

I'm speechless.

Years and years of IT security best practices throwed in the trashcan.

I'm speechless.

:wacko:

• Like 1

It would be best if you guys hired some IP.Board/Invision software consultants to iron out these kinds of kinks.

When you're inventing or introducing problems that are long solved in other forums and online communities, it's clear that the current in-house personnel tasked with administering and maintaining the forum software are way over their heads...

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Thanks for the update, Sylvain.

Yes guys I know it's far from ideal but at least it allows us to change our email addresses until the PS Team work out a permanent secure/automated solution :)

This is ridiculous that you can't change your email address...

It seems like this is not working though... I am waiting for the answer to my email (and the change of my email address on my account) since November 10. This is very frustrating.

Edit by the CM: Issue fixed.

Edited by Antoine F (see edit history)