[SOLVED] SMTP Error

My Prestashop suddenly stopped sending emails, it was woorking fine, 

and now i tried to update the email setting but i got this error for all the possible configurations 
Error: Please check your configuration
The SMTP connection failed to start [mail.elektrojo.com:26]: fsockopen returned Error Number 22 and Error String 'Invalid argument'

Edited by elektrojo (see edit history)

I get a similar SMTP error, but a different error number:

Error: Please check your configuration

This is is the first time I'm configuring SMTP parameters, but I'm sure of my mail server settings. What's going on?

@romanst: open a new topic for your different issue.  also provide more details as to how you are configuring and what the error numbers are.  explain what smtp server you are using. 

@elektrojo: I would suggest reaching out to your hosting provider and/or provider of the SMTP server to see what they may have changed.  things usually do not 'stop working' without a change occurring.

• Like 1

Not sure what you are saying.  So it is working now in Prestashop?  If not, what did you 'try' to do?  Like I said, if it was working and now it has stopped, then something in your environment changed, so you need to work with your hosting provider and smtp provider to figure out what changed, or how to make it work again

@bellini13 - My error number is 0 and error string ‘’ (null):

The SMTP connection failed to start [tls:\\smtp.1and1.com:587]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String ''

For some reason, when I copy the full error message with tls url in it, it does not show up in the post. I had to replace "//" in tls url with "\\" to post this.

I’m not able to start a new topic. I don’t see such option. Perhaps I’m too newbie to start topics.

Edited by romanst (see edit history)

@bellini13: yes they require TLS. Here are the settings they require (in the link below). I used these SMTP settings within my Gmail account and they work fine. 

What does the error number 0 mean?

https://help.1and1.com/e-mail-and-office-c37589/1and1-e-mail-c37590/using-the-product-c85088/e-mail-software-setup-credentials-a616889.html

Edited by romanst (see edit history)

@bellini13: I tried new configuration to send email to my gmail account directly (using smtp.gmail.com server). It did not work either with port 587 (I got the same error as above). But, when I tried using port 465, it did work fine. Both, ports are supported by Gmail. It looks like Prestashop Cloud webserver is not opening port 587 for communication.

Could this be fixed as I'd rather use 1and1.com for business instead of my personal Gmail account?

@bellini13: yes they require TLS. Here are the settings they require (in the link below). I used these SMTP settings within my Gmail account and they work fine.

No, that is not what I asked you.  I asked you to confirm if they require STARTTLS, that is not the same thing as TLS

But, when I tried using port 465, it did work fine

Port 465 is used for SSL, not TLS.  Did you ask 1and1 if they support the use of SSL with port 465?

Could this be fixed as I'd rather use 1and1.com for business instead of my personal Gmail account?

I do not work for Prestashop, so I cannot comment on them blocking ports or fixing them.

If you want to use 1and1, then you need to confirm 2 things

1) Do they allow you to use SSL and port 465

2) Do they require the use of STARTTLS using port 587

I am saying that the host did not change any thing, and i used the same configuration for email on Outlook and they worked fine, 
is there a way to update the email function without buying any module, like downgrade then upgrade since i reached he one before 1.6 and I don't need 1.6 now  

connecting using outlook doesn't prove anything more then that you username and password work properly.  connecting using PHP and underlying unix libraries is a completely different story.

So once again, if it was working and it is now not working, then something changed.  either your host, the smtp provider, or you changed something in the settings.  The point is things do not just stop working without a change occurring. 

So you can review my earlier feedback and figure out what your smtp provider supports, or choose to ignore it and you likely will not get very far with what you would like to use

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Really need help regarding my Prestashop SMTP. It keep bouncing back my messages.

I have setup my mail server on Microsoft outlook ,it work fine but when i set it up through SMTP server on prestashop, it shows successful registered. But anytime it suppose to send mail to my customers. The message bounce back to my customer care email. Below are the pictures will explained better

post-1135166-0-27126900-1448839669_thumb.png

post-1135166-0-49036300-1448839681_thumb.png

post-1135166-0-74307600-1448839705_thumb.png

post-1135166-0-20573800-1448839717_thumb.png

@bellini13: I tried new configuration to send email to my gmail account directly (using smtp.gmail.com server). It did not work either with port 587 (I got the same error as above). But, when I tried using port 465, it did work fine. Both, ports are supported by Gmail. It looks like Prestashop Cloud webserver is not opening port 587 for communication.

You need to go into your 1and1 control panel, then your cloud panel, and open port 587 in you firewall settings.....  Thats my story and I'm stickin with it.....

Edited by SLiCK_303 (see edit history)