Prestashop 1.3. mobile friendly?

timeatop

I have a six years old v1.3.2. web shop, providing excellent results in terms of customer conversion.

I would like to ask if there is a module to make it mobile friendly. April 21 is almost here and I don't want to lose the actual Google positions.

No, not possible, cause you have to rework the complete template and smarty code. You should upgrade to PS 1.6. if you want a bootstrap responsive design. By upgrading your shop you will not loose the positions on Google, if you already have done your SEO in PS 1.3. BUT you can use more options for better SEO like rich data and open graph for ex. Not included by default in PS 1.3.

What you will loose by upgrading you shop is: theme and extra modules you've bought or coded.

If you upgrade, so please clone your shop before and make the upgrade on the clone. How to clone, you will find several tutorials here in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately there is no module for PS 1.3. to make the theme mobile friendly, but for PS 1.4. you can use this module: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/mobile/6165-prestashop-mobile-template-14.html

I have also a very old prestashop 1.1.0.5 which is running since 2009, and i already upgrade only on local to 1.4.11

but i am very worry to become live and lose all this years of google ranking.

As you know url are quite different from PS 1.1 and 1.4 mostly because of the extra language URL /EN/ with multi-languages

shop like mine. I don't know what to do especially since google force webmaster to have a mobile version of their website.

Edited by rololo88 (see edit history)