Keyword Density: How to remove "add to cart" from index?

JustSicilia

Hi there

i've just checked my keyword density through some online tools and it seems that google recognizes as

keyword the classic "add" "cart" and "€" not considering other important keywords and content.

How can i tell google to ignore those words and establish a better keyword density?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ignore it. It's just Google being Google :)

Check your keyword density directly in the text, instead of running the whole page (HTML and all) through an online test, and go with that. If the keyword density in your content is what it should be, you do your linking correctly and whatever SEO stuff you're supposed to be doing, then it doesn't really matter what online tools (no pun intended) are telling you - including Google's own keyword density table in Webmaster Tools.

• 5 months later...

Just ignore it. It's just Google being Google :)

Check your keyword density directly in the text, instead of running the whole page (HTML and all) through an online test, and go with that. If the keyword density in your content is what it should be, you do your linking correctly and whatever SEO stuff you're supposed to be doing, then it doesn't really matter what online tools (no pun intended) are telling you - including Google's own keyword density table in Webmaster Tools.

Any authoritative article for reference ?

Thanks

Any authoritative article for reference ?

Thanks

Not on the top of my head. But I'm pretty sure Matt Cutts touched on the subject in one of his videos, so it shouldn't be a problem to find something on Google about it.

I'm just looking at it from a practical point of view. I mean, Google is perfectly capable of sorting through this type of information when constructing its SERP. Have you ever seen an e commerce site rank on keyword combinations like "add to cart" and so on, unless they actively try to rank on them? I sure haven't.

And how would you actually do it, without running the risk of having Google misinterpret it as cloaking?

don't worry, Google won't take those keywords as keywords, if you want to be sure of that, it's simple, use Google Webmasters, the best tool to know how google index your web, with this tool you can see your keywords ranking, you never won't see "add" or "cart" in that ranking.

don't worry, Google won't take those keywords as keywords, if you want to be sure of that, it's simple, use Google Webmasters, the best tool to know how google index your web, with this tool you can see your keywords ranking, you never won't see "add" or "cart" in that ranking.

I'm digging the web just because I *really have* those keywords in my WMT!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...