Delivery time / production time on product

I'm looking for ways to handle production times in Prestashop.

I'm about to run a poster printing company's webshop in PS 1.6.1.11. Since we produce / print all posters, we do not have any stock management. But we do have production and delivery times for our products.

An example are special canvas posters for buildings and huge banners can take a few days to produce, but I need the ability to

- Write a "production time" for the customer on the webpage

- Ensure that it shows on order confirmations and invoices

Out-of-the-box PS doesn't seem to be able to handle production time. Am I correct?

How do you solve it? I take it I am not the only one to need this kind of feature.

Cheers and thank you for your time,

K

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

also looking for being able to (bulk) edit and display a production time / handling time / fulfillment latency / leadtime to ship option

but can't seem to find this as an option in the product inventory catalogue?

i would have liked to seen this as a standard feature (it's similar to but not the same as back order date).

i'm wondering if having various carriers with different speed grades and choosing which carrier option can be used for which product could be a possible temporary work around?

although i don't think this option displays the leadtime to ship / production time anywhere on the product listing page / or during most of the checkout process so it's not ideal

Edited by hypa (see edit history)